MidgetTossers
    MidgetTossers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    I don't think I bet a 49ers game this year. I just don't like Harbaugh....he's an arrogant prick and the Lions coach should've punched him in the face...I would have if he shoved me in the back like that. Everyone is overreacting because they stole a few games early....lets see what they do when Alex Smith turns into himself. QBs don't suddenly get much better after 5-6 years in the league.
    qb's dont get better after 5-6 yrs in the league?..i disagree pal..harbaugh himself was crap his first 7 yrs and he turned into a pretty good qb..rich gannon ring a bell?..he was a career backup then in like his 12th year the raiders and gruden brought him in and he flourished...the system makes the qb unless u are the cream of the crop..ie..brady, manning, brees..and all those qbs still have strong coaching..alex has never had that but if you have watched any niner games this year u would understand that harbaugh has made a huge difference in alex

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Quote Originally Posted by MidgetTossers View Post
    qb's dont get better after 5-6 yrs in the league?..i disagree pal..harbaugh himself was crap his first 7 yrs and he turned into a pretty good qb..rich gannon ring a bell?..he was a career backup then in like his 12th year the raiders and gruden brought him in and he flourished...the system makes the qb unless u are the cream of the crop..ie..brady, manning, brees..and all those qbs still have strong coaching..alex has never had that but if you have watched any niner games this year u would understand that harbaugh has made a huge difference in alex
    I agree on most, but Alex Smith is still not in the top tiers of qbs. Coaching has little to do with how good a QB can be. Peyton Manning does not have a good coach and still does well. Cam Newton does not have a coach and he has progressed well as a rookie. Remember, quaterbacks are on the field playing not the coaches.

MidgetTossers
    MidgetTossers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

Quote Originally Posted by mp5070 View Post
    I agree on most, but Alex Smith is still not in the top tiers of qbs. Coaching has little to do with how good a QB can be. Peyton Manning does not have a good coach and still does well. Cam Newton does not have a coach and he has progressed well as a rookie. Remember, quaterbacks are on the field playing not the coaches.
    peyton manning is elite..im not comparing the 2..cam newton is an athlete and playing above his head..i completely disagree that coaching is irrelevant..when mike martz was here as o-coordinator he got alex smith killed with his play calling just like he did to cutler his first year...your job as a coach is to utilize the strengths of your players and harbaugh and roman are doing that..let me ask you..would u rather have mark sanchez or alex?...matt cassell or alex?..ryan fitzpatrick or alex?...kevin kolb or alex?...matt moore or alex?...rex grossman or alex?bradford, tavaris jackson, ponder,stafford,mccoy, hasselback, gabbert, or alex?..obviously he is not the best qb but hes better than most

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

How do you like the value now? What are the chances I can get Giants at +3 -110 for my hedge? Didn't bother to hedge this weekend, liked the 49ers so stuck with it and put a little down on them at +3.

First 12