riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Bears ML vs Eagles in week 9?

Bears ML +325

Call me crazy but I think this has a shot. The Eagles are 19th in the league on rush defense and if the Bears can establish a solid run game with Matt Forte it could cause big problems for the Eagles.

Two weeks ago the Saints blew out a terrible Colts team 62-7 only to lose to an equally bad Rams team the next week, killing their high. Last weekend the Eagles blew out an okay Cowboys team 34-7 and are on a high of their own after 2 consecutive wins. Granted the Saints loss was on the road, the Bears aren't in the same company as the Rams, Colts and Dolphins.

MNF - 2 weeks ago: Jaguars beat the Ravens. This week: Chiefs beat the Chargers. Will the dogs pull out another victory next week?

I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

Jon Q Phenomenon
    Jon Q Phenomenon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    Bears ML +325

Call me crazy but I think this has a shot. The Eagles are 19th in the league on rush defense and if the Bears can establish a solid run game with Matt Forte it could cause big problems for the Eagles.

Two weeks ago the Saints blew out a terrible Colts team 62-7 only to lose to an equally bad Rams team the next week, killing their high. Last weekend the Eagles blew out an okay Cowboys team 34-7 and are on a high of their own after 2 consecutive wins. Granted the Saints loss was on the road, the Bears aren't in the same company as the Rams, Colts and Dolphins.

MNF - 2 weeks ago: Jaguars beat the Ravens. This week: Chiefs beat the Chargers. Will the dogs pull out another victory next week?

I like it....but let me throw out the disclaimer that I'm a bears fan....lot of angles to look at here....first and foremost I feel like our D matches up well at containing Vick....in the midst of his "magical" year last year we managed to shut him down and make him look human...he's certainly half the qb he was last year as coaches have a whole year and some change to see on tape and scheme against.....and let him go over the middle against us with our aging but savvy lbs...the bears d won't drop the same pick opportunities that big d squandered last week....

The Iggles are coming off a divisional blowout here and are riding quite high...likewise the bears are tired of looking bad on the national stage and, much like last year, we have weathered early season offensive line woes and have gotten our ish together....seems like a classic letdown spot for philly...

and lest we forget, our pass protection has largely been doo doo poopy so teams know to key on the run, forte is still running over everyone, the eagles weak run d seems primed for forte, and setting up some down the field play action shots for cutler....

again, i'm a homer, but ive got 2 Units on da bears +7 and 2 more on +8.5.....id suggest going with the spread but i do like Chicago as a small wager ML shot....

riffraff24

Great input man. Thanks a lot. I think I will grab the points early and see what happens during the week. Maybe a small wager on the ML later on. Good luck!

riffraff24

BTW - looks like the public is pounding the Eagles. Line is currently 9.5 on 5Dimes after opening at 7.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Bears ML +325

sorry man but moneyline...no chance. 19th in the league this, scored x amount of points that, when are you guys seriously going to realize that stuff doesnt mean sh1t....throw it out the window. the eagles win this and they are back to .500 and they will indeed win this. bears could cover but if you take the moneyline you are a complete fool.

if you are dog hunting, look elsewhere than this game. hell the browns have a better chance of beating houston than the bears in beating the eagles THIS WEEK....and that is the key, this week this game means more to Philly

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Moneyline has no chance . Browns have a better chance in Houston great insight GOBLUE. Course its a retarded statement but hey why not throw it out there. Bears playing good football defense is back to its old self. Bears coming off a bye week should be well rested for this one. Course this Bears defense hopefully Peppers will knock Vick out of the game.

letitride87
    letitride87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keep in mind that lovie smith is god awful after the bye.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

I think the points is the best value on the whole board and I do think Chicago wins this game outright. They know how to beat Vick. They play their safeties a little deeper than normal, and don't allow Jackson and Maclin to get behind them. Keep everything in front and they have the speed to chase Vick down. They beat him up when he was in Atlanta and they beat him up last year in Philly.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

not to say chic wont cover, but incase you havent noticed, mccoy is the one that carries this offense now... with like you said, chic focusing all that attention on vick/djax/maclin, what is the plan on slowing down mccoy?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Briggs and Urlacher. Chicago has always stopped the run with their linebackers. They will keep everything in front of them and make the Eagles drive the length of the field with 10-12 play drives. Vick will lose patience and inevitably turn the ball over.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

idk... i saw a lesser version of this eagles offense-- carolina, run all over them a few weeks back... and dont count on putting up 34 on this eagles d on monday night in philly... but hey, im just a homer, what do i know?

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great value on the moneyline and the spread. Forte will light the eagles up, for some reason people think the eagles figured out how to play defense because they beat 2 teams who dont have running backs. They can stop the pass, which is fine, they dont have an answer for forte. The eagles rush defense is as bad as carolinas, remember what forte did to them

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Great value on the moneyline and the spread. Forte will light the eagles up, for some reason people think the eagles figured out how to play defense because they beat 2 teams who dont have running backs. They can stop the pass, which is fine, they dont have an answer for forte. The eagles rush defense is as bad as carolinas, remember what forte did to them
    i'm with you on that!! ML and RL play for me. If I win great, if not I will have no regrets. I'm thinking of doing something like this because I feel really great about the RL and just ok about the ML. This way if I just hit the RL I break even.

• 11/7/2011 8:35 PM NFL Football 431 Chicago Bears* +9½ -130 vs Philadelphia Eagles
      Risking $39.00 To Win $30.00
    • 11/7/2011 8:35 PM NFL Football 431 Chicago Bears* +345 vs Philadelphia Eagles
      Risking $30.00 To Win $103.50
    Last edited by riffraff24; 11-03-11 at 12:54 AM.

Lock Of The Aeon
    Fight fire with fire!
    Lock Of The Aeon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1007

Don't be greedy, take the points.

riffraff24

**** that. I <3 greed

riffraff24

This weekends highest projected points are Forte 27 pts

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think this one goes over.....

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1884

No play for me.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Yes it has a good shot. ML is already going down, it is low compared to the line and in comparison to other games with similar spreads.

Spread only went up because of teasers, now it is back down to 7.5

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I like it man, I took the points and the ML. Dogs seem to be winning every week in the NFL, dog betting is the way to go.

ZachZaidman Zach Zaidman
    Reporter to Roy Williams: Eagles have won 2 in a row & look like the team people thought they'd be... Williams: "Oh, sounds like the Bears."

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

**** that. I <3 greed

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Moneyline has no chance . Browns have a better chance in Houston great insight GOBLUE. Course its a retarded statement but hey why not throw it out there. Bears playing good football defense is back to its old self. Bears coming off a bye week should be well rested for this one. Course this Bears defense hopefully Peppers will knock Vick out of the game.
    But Texans will still beat Browns