seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

What is below avg m hoge beef with tebow?

He must want tebow's mom and dad to circumcise him. If Tim tebow were my son I would drive to hoge's house and whip his ass. Just unbelievable, even though he is right. Tebow looks like Ned Beatty from deliverance when he plays, including the squealing.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I do not blame Merrill Hodge. Its some idiot producer arranging segments on T shows for their analysts to talk independtly about Tebow. I'm sure all of the analysts @ESPN are annoyed with having to talk about a bad player(Tebow) and an irrelevant team(Broncos). Nobody talks about the Jags/Rams/Seattle/Tavaris Jckson/Gabbert/Browns/ Colt McCoy. Those are all struggling QB's on bad teams, that no one in the national media talks about. Tebow is an easy segment for an idiot producer to arrange, which has made Tebow a punching bag.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

The funniest part is that merrill hoge was not even a good player, this is the same thing as tim hasselback talking shit about peyton manning last year. Just laughable really. Why doesnt espn hire hall of famers like nfl network so people at least respect there opinion

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Houlihans, ZSR
    Appreciate the spot-on comments guys.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

You do not have to be a Hall of Famer to have an insightful opinion. I like Merrill Hodge. He puts a lot of work into his analysis, such as watching many hours of tape. Hell the best coaches either stunk, or did not play as pros. Magic Johnson was is a Hall of Famer, that was sch a bad coach that he quit mid season. Micheal Jordan is one of the worst GM/owners in the NBA.

All of these guys that played many years playing their specific sport, know their games. The problem is many of them are not proficient public speakers. Merill does a good job. To downgrade someones opinion simply b/c you do not respect their career achievements is short-sighted.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bb_skoots

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    The funniest part is that merrill hoge was not even a good player, this is the same thing as tim hasselback talking shit about peyton manning last year. Just laughable really. Why doesnt espn hire hall of famers like nfl network so people at least respect there opinion

What does being a good player have to do with analyzing football players?A lot of great coaches were formally average players and I never heard of a scout who was a hall of famer.In fact Tebow will probably end up being a good coach.He is a great person but you have to call a spade a spade when it comes to playing QB in the NFL.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hoge spent 8 years in the NFL---I think that makes him more than qualified to have an opinion on Tebow.

Tebow sucks, and Hoge is right about him. I could see if Hoge were off-base, but every observation he has made about Tebow has been spot on. Tebow gets way too much attention for being the worst starting QB in the NFL. The only reason he is playing is because John Fox is a smart man. He plays Tebow and gives into the public sentiment in Denver----knowing Denver isn't going to win anything this year, Fox gets to work himself up the draft board and into a possible situation where he gets a shot a top 5 pick.

By this time next year, Tebow will be running at tight end.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    What does being a good player have to do with analyzing football players?A lot of great coaches were formally average players and I never heard of a scout who was a hall of famer.In fact Tebow will probably end up being a good coach.He is a great person but you have to call a spade a spade when it comes to playing QB in the NFL.
    You make a good point. But i do have to lol at people saying tebow is the worst qb in the nfl. Blaine gabbert is the worst and its not even close.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

You make a good point. But i do have to lol at people saying tebow is the worst qb in the nfl. Blaine gabbert is the worst and its not even close.
    They are both bad, I think Gabberts QBR is like 3-4 points higher then Tebows....

MartinBlank

Who do you think will be playing QB in the NFL longer, Gabbert or Tebow?

The Lions just wrote the book on Tebow--and they told the world about it----bring pressure and Tebow doesn't have a clue.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    Who do you think will be playing QB in the NFL longer, Gabbert or Tebow? The Lions just wrote the book on Tebow--and they told the world about it----bring pressure and Tebow doesn't have a clue.
    Are you joking? Have you seen gabbert play? Im assuming you havent. Dont let your hatred of tebow skew your opinion. He's not the worst QB in the league.

zsr

Im not arguing that tebow hasnt struggled because thats obvious, but you have to remember there offensive talent is just a joke. Kyle orton was just as bad and thats why he got pulled. Gabbert at least has jones-drew.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Gabbert must be one armed, blind, and crippled in order to worse than Tebow.

I saw Gabbert two Monday nights ago, I saw an average ROOKIE QB. Tebow looks like there is no potential with him @ QB.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Gabbert must be one armed, blind, and crippled in order to worse than Tebow. I saw Gabbert two Monday nights ago, I saw an average ROOKIE QB. Tebow looks like there is no potential with him @ QB.
    I believe they have the same number of starts. Tebow has put together quality drives and looked solid at times, gabbert has not. They both dont look like nfl quarterbacks, but to say tebow looks like he has no potential and gabbert looks like he has potential is just flat out wrong. Obviousy your first comment shows some sort of dislike of tebow so i assume that is skewing your opinion

zsr

Tebow has 2 4th quarter comebacks and almost a third in what, 5 starts?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I have no personal feling towards Tebow. I was using hyperbole to exaggerate my poiny that I feel Tebow is not a quality NFL player. Gabbert is in his first season. I remember guys like Manning, and Aikman not even winning more than 2 games their first season.

But we can both agree that neither has been very good this season

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I have no personal feling towards Tebow. I was using hyperbole to exaggerate my poiny that I feel Tebow is not a quality NFL player. Gabbert is in his first season. I remember guys like Manning, and Aikman not even winning more than 2 games their first season. But we can both agree that neither has been very good this season
    That we can agree on.

MartinBlank

Are you joking? Have you seen gabbert play? Im assuming you havent. Dont let your hatred of tebow skew your opinion. He's not the worst QB in the league.
    And don't let your love of Tebow skew your opinion.

He sucks, everyone knows he sucks---you seem to be late on the memo.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Keyshawn and Cris Carter crucified the Savior on ESPN yesterday. It's just unreal that people are bashing this, yet he's only started 5 pro games. Give him a season or two before rushing judgement. David Carr and Russell both number 1 overall, didn't even get half the bashing this kid gets.

Cris Carter and Keyshawn made some of the most ridiculous statements last night. Saying that it's Tebow fault for not diffusing the crowd to get him to playbecause he clearly wasn't ready yet. Both idiots, you gain experience in the NFL by actually playing the game and not hold a clipboard morons.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Guys I would hold off on the "slaying of fill in the blank analyst" these guys are being forced to talk about an overly talked about subject. For the most part the analyst know what they are talking about, but when you are rehashing a dumb topic. Usually dumb answers ensue.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Keyshawn and Cris Carter crucified the Savior on ESPN yesterday. It's just unreal that people are bashing this, yet he's only started 5 pro games. Give him a season or two before rushing judgement. David Carr and Russell both number 1 overall, didn't even get half the bashing this kid gets.

Cris Carter and Keyshawn made some of the most ridiculous statements last night. Saying that it's Tebow fault for not diffusing the crowd to get him to playbecause he clearly wasn't ready yet. Both idiots, you gain experience in the NFL by actually playing the game and not hold a clipboard morons.
    lol he won't get "a season or two" because he's so effing bad. his completion percentage is rock bottom. show me a QB that played 2 seasons completing 43% of their passes

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Gabbert is way better than Tebow. Come on now.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

edit

zsr

Paco Gabbert is putting up worse numbers than tebow and he is playing with better players in jones-drew and lewis at tight end
    Last edited by zsr; 11-02-11 at 12:20 AM.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

what is funny is that they are saying that black qb on oakland from ohio state is just as good as tebow

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    what is funny is that they are saying that black qb on oakland from ohio state is just as good as tebow
    Doesnt suprise me. The tebow haters are insanely overstating how bad he is and forget that he put together a good game last year vs houston (cue the, "houston had the worst defense ever" comments) and has put together many good drives and 2 game winning drives in only 5 or 6 starts. He just is not consistent which is the issue right now. Clearly playing with coaches who do not want him there and playing with backup wideouts, backup running back, no tight end and a bad offensive line is a whole another issue. He will improve.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    thats only funny to you because you dont know who terrelle pryor is idiot.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    you gain experience in the NFL by actually playing the game and not hold a clipboard morons.
    I'm sure there are others these are off the top of my head

Aaron Rodgers held a clipboard while watching Farve
    Mark Brunell=Also a Farve backup
    Tom Brady held a clipboard
    Steve Young=clipboard holder

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

There are alot of QBs that suck and will probably always be below average. Tebow just gets all the talk because he's a lightning rod with all the religious stuff thrown in. Gabbert threw just 16 TDs his senior year at Missouri in a spread offense that threw it all the time. For comparison....Casey Keenum (Houston) threw 9 in one game recently.

Personally I would take Tebow on my team in a heartbeat. I don't care about his beliefs one way or the other but he could play your short yardage fullback, some tight end, and some wildcat QB too! He could save you several roster spots with what he can do....he's just not an NFL QB and thats always been obvious to anyone that knows football.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

tebow will never get better under our current offense cordinator mike mccoy. He is the worse in the nfl

Greekster
    Greekster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6153

lol.....I laugh at these broncos fans who so desperately wanted this guy in instead of Orton and now cant admit they were wrong about Tebow. Making excuses for him all over the place.

You know why Fox and Elway are going to start him this week and the next few weeks? To show you why he sucks.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

i make no excuses for him. Hmm but what else do we do? We need to know if we need to draft a quarterback or not. Start orton? he is 4-14 as a starter. Quinn? Whats the purpose he is a free agent next year. Might as well give him a shot. He is not that good, but our offensive calls suck ass also. We are just bad on offense this year.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

1 horrible game and now tebow is a joke? everyone was impressed with his come back win vs the fins?? haters can be more annoying than the media sometimes

Greekster
    Greekster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6153

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    1 horrible game and now tebow is a joke? everyone was impressed with his come back win vs the fins?? haters can be more annoying than the media sometimes
    lol everybody impressed with his comeback win???......buddy he cant complete passes! There is a difference between hating and criticism. He is not a good NFL QB. The analysts on ESPN for example are not hating, they are just telling you truth.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    i make no excuses for him. Hmm but what else do we do? We need to know if we need to draft a quarterback or not. Start orton? he is 4-14 as a starter. Quinn? Whats the purpose he is a free agent next year. Might as well give him a shot. He is not that good, but our offensive calls suck ass also. We are just bad on offense this year.

My Colts will trade you Andy Luck for your 2012 picks. I imagine Luck will be dealt somewhere for a bundle. Denver, Seattle, & Washington all need QBs among others. Miami could get Luck or Peyton might have to retire then Indy keeps Luck but from what I hear #18 will be back next year! I can't see Luck wanting to sit for 3-4 years.

12 Last