No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Chargers -3/-159

I think we'll see this line go back to -3.5 and -180 or so by kickoff. Chargers were -1 or a PK at the 3-3 Jets, they lost, now they opened at -3.5/-4 in Kansas City against a 3-3 Chiefs team that's won three straight. I usually love MNF home dogs and normally would be all over KC in this spot, but something doesn't quite fit here. Chiefs beat McNabb and the Vikes, the horrific Colts and Boller/Palmer and the Raiders. Not exactly murderer's row.

The combination of the Chiefs throwing a scare into the Chargers in San Diego earlier this year (20-17) and the fact that SD lost to the Jets in a game that seemed to piss them off makes me think they'll come out focused and get the job done tonight. I'd like to bet otherwise, but not here.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I hear you NC but I have concerns with SD being overrated as far as hype and powerrankings are concerned. Do you take an underperforming SD team with some injury concerns or a healthy KC team at home that's coming on strong? People will question KC's quality of opponents but do you really rank SD's that much higher? At any rate, I'm on KC and the points as I think this will be a game similar to SD/NYJ where "SD will lose more than KC will win" as sexy Rexy would say...Good luck to you sir.

Producer2627
    Didnt know we couldnt help people out
    Producer2627's Avatar Become A Pro!

You make a point with those line movements and what the outcome was.. I also agree that the Chiefs havent played well and beat bad teams. only beat colts by 4 and MN by 5. But KC actually has good run offense and average pass D. Chargers run D is average or little bit below average, but have an good pass D. I think Chiefs will surprise people tonight running the ball down there throats and then doing some play action for their passing game. Chiefs know how to play against rivers too, its a Rivalry game for first place and its at home on Monday Night. Chargers are now playing 3 straight away games, thats a lot of traveling in one month. Anyway Hope the best for you on your pick, I have seen some of your posts with picks and your good, just thought I would put my two cents in on why I think KC might cover or win. Still confused on who to pick tonight. What is your thoughts on the over/under. So far I am leaning the Under

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

A little snippet I picked up reading things through: The Chargers have won the turnover battle just once this year, against the Miami Dolphins, while the Chiefs haven't lost a turnover battle since Week 2. Full article: http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2011...-to-the-kansas. Ciao

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

If the Jets were able to run on San Diego, then KC will be able to as well.

This is a tough game. I'm leaning toward KC here.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    The combination of the Chiefs throwing a scare into the Chargers in San Diego earlier this year (20-17) and the fact that SD lost to the Jets in a game that seemed to piss them off makes me think they'll come out focused and get the job done tonight. I'd like to bet otherwise, but not here.
    This is really the only angle you could take SD on. They certainly havent played like the Chargers of past years.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    If the Jets were able to run on San Diego, then KC will be able to as well.

This is a tough game. I'm leaning toward KC here.
    If the Chiefs had Charles, I'd pound them. Then again, we probably wouldn't be getting the 3/3.5, either.

bandit bettor
    bandit bettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

chiefs are getting better only cause they have went on a run against mcnabb, painter, boller 3 bum qbs i think rivers gets them back to the defense we saw in the first couple of games... make no mistake the chiefs are at the bottom echelon of the league and the chargers are not i think alotta people will over analyze this game and talk themselves into the chiefs following angles such as home dog on monday night theorys but i think most of the value is do to them having a few good games against bum qbs ... i see chargers in a 28-13 type game

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I like the home dog getting +3.5. They have been playing solid ball and won 3 straight.
    The Chiefs, 8-2 at home since the start of last season, have lost seven of eight to the
    Chargers, with the lone victory coming in a Monday night game at Arrowhead Stadium
    to open last season. Ryan Matthew ran for 90 yards and 2 TDs vs the Chiefs in last matchup.
    Last edited by Balco10; 10-31-11 at 03:32 PM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    I like the home dog getting +3.5. They have been playing solid ball and won 3 straight.
    The Chiefs, 8-2 at home since the start of last season, have lost seven of eight to the
    Chargers, with the lone victory coming in a Monday night game at Arrowhead Stadium
    to open last season.
    Ryan Matthew ran for 90 yards and 2 TDs vs the Chiefs in last matchup.
    I remember that game. I was on KC big. I think they had some big ST plays.

I don't feel as good about the Chiefs tonight as I did then.

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

remember dmac went out early last week. so kc dominated oakland without the best rb (at the time) in the league with 1 bum qb and 1 qb with 2 days of practice time. i was leaning kc early, but i'm pretty confident in the sd play tonight.

manicart
    manicart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

Tolbert is out also dont forget
    (on my fantasy team the F^ker) lol
    im on the Chiefs to keep it close buyen 1/2 a Pt to +4

GL all

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bandit bettor View Post
    chiefs are getting better only cause they have went on a run against mcnabb, painter, boller 3 bum qbs i think rivers gets them back to the defense we saw in the first couple of games... make no mistake the chiefs are at the bottom echelon of the league and the chargers are not i think alotta people will over analyze this game and talk themselves into the chiefs following angles such as home dog on monday night theorys but i think most of the value is do to them having a few good games against bum qbs ... i see chargers in a 28-13 type game
    Great point re QB's KC has faced.
    there are rumblings that something is off with Rivers, but I will take my chances with him unless it is confiremed that he is hurt (ribs?) or something.
    SD had the Jets beat in NY, blew it. Jets were in desperation mode, had lost a few to some good teams.
    SD coming off a loss, its a small number, might be the play.

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I like the Bolts to win by 7 tonight. Gonna hit the -3 and see if Rivers can bounce back.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it speaks volumes that a team on a 3 game win streak and coming off a 28-0 win over a division rival opened at +3.5 at home on MNF. What else does a book have to do to draw action to a side... It also doesn't hurt that Bodog and SIA are still dangling the +3.5.

I think Rivers and the Chargers defense come up big tonight.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I think it speaks volumes that a team on a 3 game win streak and coming off a 28-0 win over a division rival opened at +3.5 at home on MNF. What else does a book have to do to draw action to a side... It also doesn't hurt that Bodog and SIA are still dangling the +3.5.

I think Rivers and the Chargers defense come up big tonight.
    That's what I'm thinking SK.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Think the chiefs keep it close and I expect both offenses to struggle honestly.

Teased Chiefs and under for 2 units

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown View Post
    I like the Bolts to win by 7 tonight. Gonna hit the -3 and see if Rivers can bounce back.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38325

Lakerboy lover

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Quote Originally Posted by Full Time Hobo View Post
    Think the chiefs keep it close and I expect both offenses to struggle honestly.

Teased Chiefs and under for 2 units
    Well more points put up than i expected but a winner is a winner.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Didn't like the lack of late money on SD so I got greedy and took the Chargers ML and the Chiefs at +3.5.

Wound up even (went bigger on the Chiefs to reduce the juice), but thought I had a double-dip win locked up when Rivers dropped that snap. Like Romo, he's a loser, and losers find ways to lose. Pathetic. He and Norv deserve each other.

Anyway, this line movement was true. The lack of a late legitimate bounce back in the Chargers' direction said it all I guess.