fletch49
    fletch49's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tebow..."what a great human being"

Unfortunately "great human beings" do NOT make a great NFL team. You need great football players. I am so tired of all the conservative Christians hailing this guy as the greatest thing to ever come along. Did you see his performance Sunday? Pathetic

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

With that arm,he should be riffling peanuts all over the stands

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave HoulihansTX 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

freeVICK gave HoulihansTX 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: freeVICK

House

are they Tebowing lol ohhh shit,I didn't
    catch that yesterday , I was laughing all the way to the bank on this one .....way way funny....HE GOT TEBOWED

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I saw this and I cracked the Fuk UP hahahahahaha Tebow got Tebowed... guess someone is gonna go back to being a bench warmer LOL

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

keep'em coming houlihan. LOL

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol at people thinking tulloch was mocking him. Tulloch went up to him after the play and told him it was all in good fun and he was just joking.

House

ahhhhhh ....if he went up to him after to tell him it was all in good fun.....HE WAS MOKING HIM ! and I'm laughing hard as fuc also...

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    ahhhhhh ....if he went up to him after to tell him it was all in good fun.....HE WAS MOKING HIM ! and I'm laughing hard as fuc also...
    Still dont get why people root so hard against him then root for guys like vick. Very strange.

Fanatik
    Fanatik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 775

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Still dont get why people root so hard against him then root for guys like vick. Very strange.
    As for Tebow,
    Have you ever heard this Eleanor Roosevelt quote?
    "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."

Well, it has something to do with this... But, more to do with the fact that insecure people are always afraid of what is different!

As for Vick,
    He paid his debt to society, he has earned his spot on the top back... Nobody would ever be anybody w/o second chances...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dax

ajee622
    ajee622's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

IMO there is no room for religion and football. I don't want to see this guy bow everytime someone catches a td pass or he wins. That's why people hate him. Just play the game

jjax107
    jjax107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

I think people hate him because he loves God. We are living in a world now where more and more people don't even believe in a God or hate Him. Many may not like Tebow, but because of the man he i think we should all at least respect him. At the end of they day, sports is just a game. It's what you do for humanity and for God that carries on...

Fanatik

Reggie White, Kurt Warner, Brian Dawkins, LaDainian Tomlinson, Ray Lewis, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Al Harris, Jeff Saturday, Troy Polamlu, Adam Vinatieri, Devin Hester (brings a bible to every game), Donald Driver, Dallas Clark, Jason Witten, Richard Seymour, Patrick Willis... This could go on and on and on and on and on with many many more who are possible future hall of famers just like these guys who all bring religion and God into football... This is there Opinion, and one that Tim Tebow Shares as well!

Watch These...
    Drew Brees: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=t0buCfbFuHw
    LaDainian Tomlinson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EBz4h38GTNo
    Donald Driver: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rni7Wt3n8sw
    Derrick Mason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWVlH...layer_embedded
    Jason Witten: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGCa4...layer_embedded
    Al Harris: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX2kw...layer_embedded
    Brian Dawkins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SrBrJl-CnMc
    Troy Polamlu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=yR3qmItstEU

These pictures could also go on and on and on and on... There is always a place for God!!!

Fanatik

Quote Originally Posted by ajee622 View Post
    IMO there is no room for religion and football. I don't want to see this guy bow everytime someone catches a td pass or he wins. That's why people hate him. Just play the game

See Above Post! If you didnt want to see anyone praying on the football field, some of the greatest in the NFL would not be playing...

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
    See Above Post! If you didnt want to see anyone praying on the football field, some of the greatest in the NFL would not be playing...
    Bingo! Exactly right. i would much rather see someone praying than desean jackson taunting when he does something or steve smith taunting when he scores etc..
    Last edited by zsr; 10-31-11 at 01:46 PM.

Fanatik

It is easy to hate, much harder to stand for something...
    NEWS FLASH PEOPLE... Tebow is not the only God fearing man in professional football....

Fanatik

One more NEWS FLASH... He died for you too... What's so wrong with living for Him

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

B/c Vick is fun to watch.

ajee622

Bingo! Exactly right. i would much rather see someone praying than desean jackson taunting when he does something or steve smith taunting when he scores etc..
    I'm not saying other players don't do it. I'm just saying there is no place for it. Also check the realm of when they are doing it. Before or after the game. Yeah some of those guys will do it on the field, which like I said before there's no place for it.

ajee622

One more NEWS FLASH... He died for you too... What's so wrong with living for Him
    Look god didn't die for me. I am where I am because of something much more than god. That's my personal belief. You believe in what you want and while you are at it ask him who he is taking for tonight's game

theplagy
    Spurs !
    theplagy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

god is man made. Bible is man written.

Let's say there's a god and his name is allah, what would you do?

see?

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

people don't like him because of all the praise he gets for being good without being very good.

people don't like him because he has a top selling jersey for being a back up.

it's the same way people don't like jersery shore or kardashian. they haven't done anything to deserve where their celebrity status has them place.

tebow is the kim kardashian of the NFL.

ajee622

Quote Originally Posted by theplagy View Post

see?
    Wtf did you just write?? I'm not trying to get into a religious battle with you on a betting forum. Save that speech for your Sunday school.

You want easy money take KC tonight. Booom. Thank me later. Or wait you might thank god for creating me to give you that advice!!!

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    people don't like him because of all the praise he gets for being good without being very good.

it's the same way people don't like jersery shore or kardashian. they haven't done anything to deserve where their celebrity status has them place.

Thisssssssssssssssss

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post

exactly

you saved me a lot of typing

People are tired of the hype for someone who is at best a below average NFL qb. All you ever hear is teblow this and teblow that, but he hasn't done shit in the NFL. After he has proven something in the NFL then start bowing at his feet, but not now.
    Last edited by balls2wall; 10-31-11 at 06:34 PM.

jjax107
    jjax107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post

exactly

you saved me a lot of typing

People are tired of the hype for someone who is at best a below average NFL qb. All you ever hear is teblow this and teblow that, but he hasn't done shit in the NFL. After he has proven something in the NFL then start bowing at his feet, but not now.
    yea but with all due respect, very few successful NFL QBs did great their first year as full time starting QB. Troy Aikman is just one example of QB who did horrible his rookie season, most do. I think the reason why they do that for Tebow, because the world is thirsty for positive role models in a modern society with very few... so people root for him...hoping and wanting him to do well.

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

It is easy to hate, much harder to stand for something...
    NEWS FLASH PEOPLE... Tebow is not the only God fearing man in professional football....
    How many of them star in Anti-Choice ads running during the SB. I don't care that he is a christian, but it is not okay that he is trying to proselytize. Religion only serves to divide people. How would people react if he was replacing "God" with "Allah"? People wouldn't like it as much, even though it is the same god.

It is not a big deal that he is a christian, most Americans are. I don't care if you are, unless you are trying to interject religion into politics. Tebow did that. He knows that the abortion issue is a major wedge issue, yet he still choses to bring it up. Most people that like Tebow's BS act also think that there is a "War on Christmas".

Just because he is a christian doesn't mean he is automatically a "good person". We have a very recent example of a certain football coach that considered his program his "ministry" that turned out to be a not so good guy.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

there are plenty of positive role models in society. there are even successful QBs that should be positive role models over tebow.

and it's just going to hurt the kiddies worst when he fails.

Fanatik

Quote Originally Posted by ajee622 View Post
    Look god didn't die for me. I am where I am because of something much more than god. That's my personal belief. You believe in what you want and while you are at it ask him who he is taking for tonight's game
    You are free to believe in whatever you want my friend... But, to clarify, I am with you on one point; God didnt die for you, Jesus did! But, I would venture to say you dont believe that either... So, like I said, that is your right... Just dont forget why you have that right! It is because men and women long before your time faught and died for your freedom, they still do today. They faught for this country and the fact that it stands for liberty and justice for all, ONE NATION UNDER GOD! Try not to disrespect that too much. Remember, no one is right about everything and as such, constant self evaluation of one's own beliefs is always a good practice. So, you believe what you want and while you are at it, compare your picks records with mine (see: My 2011 Card NFL- week 7- superbowl) since I started on this forum two weeks ago and when you get done let me know if you need any advice for this coming week or if you want to know more about the man who I believe died for you... No need to fight each other any more, we have both said our peace and that is that. Best of luck to you, I will say a prayer for you.
    Last edited by Fanatik; 10-31-11 at 11:41 PM.

Fanatik

Quote Originally Posted by theplagy View Post

see?
    The bible is a fact... Even some of the most renowned historians and scientist, ALIVE TODAY, would agree with that. And even Adolf Hitler, one of the most out spoken atheists this world has ever seen, believed that JESUS CHRIST lived and died and performed miracles; he just did not believe He was the son of God... So, study up, and get back with me... As far as God being real or man made, one thing in this world is an undesputed fact, we all have an appointment with death that no one has ever been able to avoid, so we will know soon enough... Until then, I choose to walk by faith, you choose whatever you feel appropriate... Now, let's talk football, I believe we have also each spoke our peace in regards to this matter...