Producer2627
    Didnt know we couldnt help people out
    Producer2627's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monday Night Football game discussion

When looking at this game, you would think the Chargers would stomp the ish out of the Chiefs. It feels like a trap game to me. Chargers are now playing 3 away games in a row now even though they had a bye week in between these road games. That is a lot of traveling in the last month for the Chargers. With that being said they also, have plenty of injuries. Chiefs have none, since Charles. The Cheifs are 30th in the league in passing, while Chargers have the 3rd best pass D. Chiefs are 7th in rushing while, the chargers are 21st. Rivers is well you know rivers (inconsistent) and Chiefs pass D is 17th. KC is also 25th in the rush D, while chargers are ranked 13th in rushing. Not to mention the Chiefs almost bet the Chargers at San Diego. Still on paper right now looks like Chargers might stomp KC, but with all these factors on the Chargers playing 3 straight road games, injuries, KC playing for first place, and KC is hard to beat at home and its on Monday Night. KC should be able to cover or maybe even win. If Rivers goes off though we all might be doing this

What do yall think? I am going with KC +3 and the Under as of now, could change

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

agree

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Arrow head is a damn hard stadium to go into and win. But at some point the real Chargers are going to show up, and if they do they should beat the Chiefs. They are just a more talented team. But who knows which Chargers team shows up, and who knows if we'll see the Phillip Rivers from last year, or the Phillip Rivers from this year.

Producer2627

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Arrow head is a damn hard stadium to go into and win. But at some point the real Chargers are going to show up, and if they do they should beat the Chiefs. They are just a more talented team. But who knows which Chargers team shows up, and who knows if we'll see the Phillip Rivers from last year, or the Phillip Rivers from this year.
    Something is telling me KC will do a good job against Rivers. Especially when it is a Rivalry game at KC and national spotlight.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22719

MNF dogs at home are always my play. Look a JAX last week. Dont have the stats but MNF home dogs are the play

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

KC BIG tonight !!! Lets get it

cowboyfan08
    cowboyfan08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Kc, monday night football enough said!one big play its going to get crazy!

kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 497

producer, i remembered you warned me on the other game couple weeks ago....so today i warn you back for taking the under on this MNF.

GO OVER OR GO HOME!

Producer2627

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    KC BIG tonight !!! Lets get it

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyfan08 View Post
    Kc, monday night football enough said!one big play its going to get crazy!
    KC should definitely come out and play tonight with first place at stake and having exposure on monday night. Scares me though because chargers might show up tonight too. But -3 tells me vegas wants you to get sucked in. If they really had confidence on the chargers it would be -6.5 or -7.. Still on KC right now

Quote Originally Posted by kaliboyz View Post
    producer, i remembered you warned me on the other game couple weeks ago....so today i warn you back for taking the under on this MNF.

GO OVER OR GO HOME!
    What up my man. hmm I might have to look into it again, but I think there will be a lot of ball control on both sides today because they will both be running heavy tonight, if not chargers I think the Chiefs will. They will try to exploit the Chargers Run D as the chiefs staff knows Chargers Run D is overrated and not that good. I just cant see a high scoring game, but at times when I say this it goes the other way. For example thought ravens and cardinals game would go under no problem and they went 10 pts over, screwing over my 5-team parlay to win $5,500.. but then I won last night with picking eagles -3 and the under, so I dont know.. Might join ya since your looking out..

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

In NFL, covering on the 3rd straight away game is tough. There is a strong trend against it. Saints lost to TB in this situation three weeks ago.

mlaws
    mlaws's Avatar Become A Pro!

love the over

Producer2627

We will see still on the under in this one

Bullet Kays
    Bullet Kays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1555

I don't feel too confident with either side but it's hard to bet against a Missouri team right now..

Producer2627

Yea they keep winning everything, but the st. louis blues did lose last night haha
    Last edited by Producer2627; 10-31-11 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to put the team name on the post

Bullet Kays
    Bullet Kays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1555

That's true. Only 9 hurries from KC scares me though, if they don't put pressure on Rivers it will be a long night

npmassa
    npmassa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5377

SD is 47-12 to the under after allowing more than 120yrds. Rushing in the previous weeks loss since 1992 raiders couldn't even get a feild goal on kc last week with the best kicker in the business...under like thunder.

Producer2627

Yea that is scary.. KC is 18h in the league in pass D so just below average. It just seems like on games like this when you compare stats it ends up backfiring.. Thats why I said on paper it looks like chargers should stomp the ish out of the chiefs. Because it looks like Rivers will have all day to throw the ball, KC seems to get smoked by teams that can pass the ball very well for example Buffalo and Detriot. Those two teams whooped that ass buffalo 41-7 and Detroit 48-3. If a team can pass against the Chiefs they will get stomped out. Thats why this is scary because if rivers shows up tonight it will be a disaster for us Chief backers. Thats why I havent placed bets down yet, still researching the game.

Stats on pressuring the QB last game they played against each other Chiefs were able to sack Rivers 2 times and hit him 2 times. Couldnt find the hurries but rivers did not throw a td and had 2 ints. Matt Cassel outperformed Rivers with two tds and 1 INT, although rivers did complete 24/38 passes and had 266 yards passing. As for rushing KC had 81 yards rushing and San Diego had 117 yards. The chargers had 133 more total yards than KC, but had 1 more turnover than the Chiefs. Chargers had 9 more minutes of possession then the Chiefs too. Chargers outperformed the Chiefs on 3rd down going 8/14 to chiefs 5/12. First downs Chargers had 22 and chiefs had only 13 and chargers had less penalties committed.

Chargers played an ugly game last time, they really should have won by 10-14 points when you look at last game stats. Chargers outperformed them in every single category besides the turnovers, which both were from Rivers. If Rivers comes into the game determined, I dont see how they will lose basing off the last game and what both team have done stat wise. Again though you have to factor in what I said earlier in this post about the Chiefs.. I will have my official picks in, in about two to three hours. But yeah this game gives me a headache the more I think about it. I still believe the under will happen though.

bandit bettor
    bandit bettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

definatly smells like a trap but i totally agree if the real chargers show up they blow kc outta the water but chargers are a hard team to bet because there so up and down that being said i still think the talent is heavily favored in the chargers direction im going small on the chargers..

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Think KC and the points is reasonable. Good article about Jaws' take on Rivers: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...ers-struggles/. Good luck

bandit bettor
    bandit bettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

the other thing to look at is kc hasnt beat a real team they have beat minnesota when struggling mcnabb was playing they beat indy but who hasnt and they had one decent game against the raiders with a bad qb situation in order for oakland against real teams they have been outscored 109-27

Producer2627

Quote Originally Posted by bandit bettor View Post
    the other thing to look at is kc hasnt beat a real team they have beat minnesota when struggling mcnabb was playing they beat indy but who hasnt and they had one decent game against the raiders with a bad qb situation in order for oakland against real teams they have been outscored 109-27
    Yeah I looked at that too, Lions and Buffalo whooped that ass. Chiefs struggle against teams that can execute the pass game like it should be. So many factors in why the game could go each way though.

Producer2627

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
    Think KC and the points is reasonable. Good article about Jaws' take on Rivers: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...ers-struggles/. Good luck
    Liking the Article

kufan11
    kufan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Lets see, everyone is on the chiefs...the first time these teams played the line was 13.5 in favor of SD and they won but only by 3 points. In that game antonio gates the chargers biggest weapon was out. Rivers had 0 TD passes and 2 Interceptions. Now the line is 3 points, and the chargers have gates back... Chiefs have looked good the last 3 weeks against the Colts, Vikings and and a raiders team that played kyle boller and carson palmer who combined for 6 INTs. Yet the offense still only scored twice. Chiefs are still without their best safety, best RB, TE, and first round draft pick.

Bottomline chiefs got lucky to be within 3 points last time, no way will they even keep it close tonight. Chargers big 31-10

mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

teasing 7 pts.. go over or under???

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

i believe only 1 mnf game has gone over this year and it was by half a point... something to consider. i'm pounding the under... good luck

Jmdurbz
    Jmdurbz's Avatar Become A Pro!

no way chargers lose 2 in a row .......

Producer2627

Quote Originally Posted by kufan11 View Post
    Lets see, everyone is on the chiefs...the first time these teams played the line was 13.5 in favor of SD and they won but only by 3 points. In that game antonio gates the chargers biggest weapon was out. Rivers had 0 TD passes and 2 Interceptions. Now the line is 3 points, and the chargers have gates back... Chiefs have looked good the last 3 weeks against the Colts, Vikings and and a raiders team that played kyle boller and carson palmer who combined for 6 INTs. Yet the offense still only scored twice. Chiefs are still without their best safety, best RB, TE, and first round draft pick.

Bottomline chiefs got lucky to be within 3 points last time, no way will they even keep it close tonight. Chargers big 31-10
    Not everyone is on the chiefs 73% is on the Chargers as expected. I agree the chargers looking at the games stats of their first meeting, Chargers should have won by 10-14 points as I said in the previous post. Chargers have gates back but he isnt 100 percent with his foot injury and Chargers will be without Luis Castillo DE, Kris Dielman G, Shaun Phillips LB, and Mike Tolbert. Malcolm Floyd isnt 100 percent and he might not even play tonight.

I know what you are saying though I have said it in the previous post in this thread. They haven t played anybody impressive and last time these two played Chargers should have won by 10-14. Like I said in the previous post in this thread their are many factors why Chiefs can come out and win this

Producer2627

Quote Originally Posted by mundane View Post
    teasing 7 pts.. go over or under???
    Go under

mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

thanks. made me feel better about my initial gut pick! goodluck all!

Producer2627

Quote Originally Posted by Jmdurbz View Post
    no way chargers lose 2 in a row .......
    I know thats what I kept thinking too, but it is really looking that way. Chargers are not the same team 2-3 years ago. Everybody and including me keeps in their head "its the Chargers", their gonna show up sometime, but honestly I think what we see from the chargers now is what they are. The little changes they have made these last seasons getting rid of Darren S. and Shawn M. are showing. Those two made huge differences for the chargers, but the spotlight was always on Rivers and Jackson. Darren made big crucial plays on Special Teams and on offense, they do not have that big play threat anymore that made differences in the game.

Producer2627

Quote Originally Posted by mundane View Post
    thanks. made me feel better about my initial gut pick! goodluck all!
    Lets get it

Producer2627

I have made a decision with the game. My picks are KC +3 and the under 45 buying half a point.

earlsnake07
    earlsnake07's Avatar Become A Pro!

KC will come to play tonight....something's not right with Rivers & tonight Tamba Hali will get to show what he is about......that being said I think this will be a close game. I think this will be a 3 point game either way (at least I hope it is!) so if your taking KC I think its a smart play to buy a half to get it to +3.5. GL!!!!

Producer2627

Quote Originally Posted by earlsnake07 View Post
    KC will come to play tonight....something's not right with Rivers & tonight Tamba Hali will get to show what he is about......that being said I think this will be a close game. I think this will be a 3 point game either way (at least I hope it is!) so if your taking KC I think its a smart play to buy a half to get it to +3.5. GL!!!!
    Lets get it!!

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Let me break it down for you guys...Ok when I look at these two so called teams,one is red and one is chicken sh!t yellow and powder blue (scary) ...the Red team it is there ,does that make it easier

12 Last