brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Why Are The Patriots Favorites on Sunday??

I don't get it

the pats are only 1 game better record wise than Pittsburg and this line suggests that New England is 6 points better on a neutral field...wtf????

Is it just Vegas accounting for how the Pats have owned Pittsburg in recent times??

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Not sure... this Steelers team made the Super Bowl last year, and actually had a decent chance at winning it until Green Bay took over.

I think Vegas knows the public loves to ride NE, especially as a small favorite.

How is NE in Pitt lately?

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steelers ML x28 for me.......................

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeDaMoney View Post
    Not sure... this Steelers team made the Super Bowl last year, and actually had a decent chance at winning it until Green Bay took over.

I think Vegas knows the public loves to ride NE, especially as a small favorite.

How is NE in Pitt lately?

Brady owns the Steelers no matter the location

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

pats own there azz

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

question makes no sense.....why wouldnt pats be favored is the better question,,,you think books wanna take a stand with a banged up pit team against Brady who has fukking owned this team? cause if steelers opened as a fav everyone would have hammered pats @ + anything...

jrgarza88
    jrgarza88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don' t like the Pats in this spot.... my mind is telling me Pitt but my heart wants to say Pats.
    Have to go with my mind on this one

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    question makes no sense.....why wouldnt pats be favored is the better question,,,you think books wanna take a stand with a banged up pit team against Brady who has fukking owned this team? cause if steelers opened as a fav everyone would have hammered pats @ + anything...
    U don't think its strange for a 5-2 team to open as 3 point home dogs against a 5-1 team???

Its the equivalent of that same 5-2 team opening up as 9 point dogs on the road (which is what the 2-2 jets opened up as)

I understand the notion of 1 team owning another having an impact on a line, but not this much

BigDan

records dont really influence much for me....all bout perception and if books opened pit as a fav they would be hammered with one sided action.

lets not forget pit has compiled their record against a lot of weak competition. Has a paper thin d-line and no Harrison..then as you have mentioned pats own them, i mean if they put any + money on pats they would be taking a serious stand in this gm cause everyone and their mothers would be lining upo for Brady @ + whatever..

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

You don't get how Tom Brady is favored against the Steelers? Wow, you must not watch football much.

Seriously?

The funny thing is, if the Steelers were -3 a lot of people in the thread saying the Steelers are the play would be all over Brady's nuts. You're just looking for a reason to take a dog.

New England is the play here. Tom Brady owns this team, it's plain and simple.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Pats pass defense is atrocious. Big Ben should have a massive day.

EastSideLV
    EastSideLV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1462

Patriots coming off a bye, Bill B and Tom Brady will have this one figured out. Plus this steelers team seems slower and less intense than last year. Look at the teams they have beaten so far, not very impressive. I think the Pats are def the play here.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    You don't get how Tom Brady is favored against the Steelers? Wow, you must not watch football much. Seriously? The funny thing is, if the Steelers were -3 a lot of people in the thread saying the Steelers are the play would be all over Brady's nuts. You're just looking for a reason to take a dog. New England is the play here. Tom Brady owns this team, it's plain and simple.

I definately agree that Brady is the play, I just wish I could take him as a dog instead of a 3 pt favorite

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that teams coming off a bye week this year are 3-9

don't look into it too much though..
    Pats are VERY mature and experienced

Steelers D has looked good the past couple weeks on some real weak opponents

Pats roll up the Steel City 38-20

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I definately agree that Brady is the play, I just wish I could take him as a dog instead of a 3 pt favorite

and this is exactly why the line is what it is...

brahmabull117

and this is exactly why the line is what it is...

but the public looks at this play - you got a 5-2 team, a team that has won 3 straight and covered 2 of their last 3 spreads, a team that went to the superbowl last year facing a 5-1 team that looked terrible against their last opponent, and said 5-1 opponent is a 3 point road favorite??

these 2 teams played last year and the pats were 4.5 point dogs I think

BigDan

but the public looks at this play - you got a 5-2 team, a team that has won 3 straight and covered 2 of their last 3 spreads, a team that went to the superbowl last year facing a 5-1 team that looked terrible against their last opponent, and said 5-1 opponent is a 3 point road favorite??

these 2 teams played last year and the pats were 4.5 point dogs I think

the "public" as you say, always line up to back the Pats. the "public" sees that pit has feasted off a weak schedule, the "public" knows Brady owns this team....if you havnt noticed that "public" shit drives me crazy. we are the fukkin public and im telling you as one of the members of this "public" that if pats were + money i would have already bet them, along with you (another member of the "public), and everyone else around here...

brahmabull117

the "public" as you say, always line up to back the Pats. the "public" sees that pit has feasted off a weak schedule, the "public" knows Brady owns this team....if you havnt noticed that "public" shit drives me crazy. we are the fukkin public and im telling you as one of the members of this "public" that if pats were + money i would have already bet them, along with you (another member of the "public), and everyone else around here...
    no man I'm on board with you, I guess I'm just surprised at how sharp this line is

PAULYPOKER

You see if Pitt was the Fav they would lose,but since they are the Dawgs, this pisses them off,they love to play the role of a dawg, they been doing this since the 70's....
    bottom line>Pitt will win................................

PAULYPOKER

By the way the Pats are the largest public play on the board by a landslide...........................

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    You see if Pitt was the Fav they would lose,but since they are the Dawgs, this pisses them off,they love to play the role if a dawg, they been doing this since the 70's....
    bottom line>Pitt will win................................

if i remember correctly you are a steeler fan are you not pauly? How many times in recent years has pit even been a dog at home? i cant remember the last time.. hard for me to say they will play better as home dogs as i simply dont recall them being in this spot in some time...

BigDan

damn a side in this gm anyway..already on over 50.5 and im pretty happy about that.. someone gonna hit 30 in this gm and the other team wont be to far behind..

PAULYPOKER

if i remember correctly you are a steeler fan are you not pauly? How many times in recent years has pit even been a dog at home? i cant remember the last time.. hard for me to say they will play better as home dogs as i simply dont recall them being in this spot in some time...
    They haven't been but they don't cover the spread to often either as a fav,which makes them one of the most inconsistent teams in the league ATS.
    But I know their spots and this is one of them,I'm about 90% sure of this

jrgarza88
    jrgarza88's Avatar Become A Pro!

This just smells like Pitt. Tom Brady up against the #1 pass defense, i'll take the steel at home.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you'd been watching lines when they opened last sunday night you could have had -1.5, and the ML is currently around -130. Considering they're facing a Pittsburgh team that hasn't beaten anyone good (their 5 wins are against teams that are now collectively 8-24), Brady owns them, and the Pats are coming out of a bye week, I would say you're getting a bargain at anything less than -3. The Patriots haven't lost in the game following their bye week since 2002.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

By the way the Pats are the largest public play on the board by a landslide...........................
    Certain teams are ALWAYS going to get the majority of the action, such as the Pats, Packers, Lakers, Celtics, etc. Lines get slanted towards them, but that doesn't mean they're not still good bets. It's when you see 85% of the action on the Oakland Raiders or the Milwaukee Bucks getting points on the road that you should be thinking "That's not going to end well..."

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

pitt ml

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't get it

the pats are only 1 game better record wise than Pittsburg and this line suggests that New England is 6 points better on a neutral field...wtf????

Is it just Vegas accounting for how the Pats have owned Pittsburg in recent times??

2 words for ya brahmabull.....

Tom Brady

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Most of the time they are & most of the time they cash.
    Call it a square play if you want but you have to back NE here.
    Very strong after the bye week also as i'm sure you all know.
    This is one of the very few times i will back a road fav.
    GL

nomar122977
    nomar122977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4376

because the pats are a better team ! steelers d is getting old. brady kills em today

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

They set the line for exactly the reason this thread exists. So people wouldnt know what to do with the play.

I like the Pats personally in this one.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

actually the biggest public play on the board is probably Giants -10

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

no man I'm on board with you, I guess I'm just surprised at how sharp this line is
    You're surprised that math freaks + guys who have been setting and moving lines longer than most of us have been alive = sharp lines in week 8?