BoutDemCowboys
    BoutDemCowboys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3124

7 point teaser... Too good to be true.. Thoughts???

This may seem ridiculous. odds are way against me, but Im liking these games. Which games seem I can cut. I'll explain my reasoning.

8 team 7 point Teaser
    -Bills+1 (Vs. Redskins who are extremely banged up. Hightower out. Santana Moss out, Cooley out. Just dont see them doing much against the Bills that just got off of a bye week; take Bills)
    -Texans-3 (Texans are home. Jags are not great at all, they may have held the ravens last week but not this week; take Texans)
    -49'ers-2 (9'ers are Home, coming off of a bye. playing the Browns who last week scored what 3 points? Joke; take 9'ers)
    -Chargers+3 (Vs. Cheifs who shut out the raiders but were against 2nd and 3rd string QB's. Chargers need to prove something after that awful loss to Jets last week; take Chargers)
    -Giants-3 (Arguably against the worse team in NFL the Dolphins. Giants off a Bye week at Home; take Giants)
    -Saints-7 (Against the awful Rams. Bradford isnt playing. I like Sean Peyton up in the booth after they torched the Colts; take Saints)
    -Ravens-6 (Awful game last week vs. Jags. Will bounce back hard, and always play rough at Home; take Ravens)
    -Cowboys+10.5 (This NFC east battle will be close. Each team is trying to prove something. +10.5 is alot here)

Cutlerfan623
    Cutlerfan623's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BoutDemCowboys View Post
    This may seem ridiculous. odds are way against me, but Im liking these games. Which games seem I can cut. I'll explain my reasoning.

8 team 7 point Teaser
    -Bills+1 (Vs. Redskins who are extremely banged up. Hightower out. Santana Moss out, Cooley out. Just dont see them doing much against the Bills that just got off of a bye week; take Bills)
    -Texans-3 (Texans are home. Jags are not great at all, they may have held the ravens last week but not this week; take Texans)
    -49'ers-2 (9'ers are Home, coming off of a bye. playing the Browns who last week scored what 3 points? Joke; take 9'ers)
    -Chargers+3 (Vs. Cheifs who shut out the raiders but were against 2nd and 3rd string QB's. Chargers need to prove something after that awful loss to Jets last week; take Chargers)
    -Giants-3 (Arguably against the worse team in NFL the Dolphins. Giants off a Bye week at Home; take Giants)
    -Saints-7 (Against the awful Rams. Bradford isnt playing. I like Sean Peyton up in the booth after they torched the Colts; take Saints)
    -Ravens-6 (Awful game last week vs. Jags. Will bounce back hard, and always play rough at Home; take Ravens)
    -Cowboys+10.5 (This NFC east battle will be close. Each team is trying to prove something. +10.5 is alot here)
    I think the Chargers and Saints could give you trouble. All the other picks sound solid.

The Chargers always look good on paper, but they always seem to let you down, especially in the first half of the season. The Chiefs on the other hand have put together 3 wins in a row albeit against weaker teams. But winning is contagious in this league and this is a team that only lost by 3 IN Sand Diego. This is a game at Arrowhead Stadium on Monday Night Football. Watch out for the Chiefs.

You never know when the Rams will wake up and actually make a game out of their matchup. I'm not saying they will win, but a home team at least making the game close sounds like it could easily happen.

But Good Luck

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

The Rams season is finished and they know it. AJ Feeley is starting again the Rams. Feeley has basically been a backup for his entire career. The guy just isn't good at all. I see a 38-14 blowout type game.

BoutDemCowboys
    BoutDemCowboys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3124

Agreed with the Chargers. Monday Night game who knows. Im gonna put the Steelers in for the Chargers then +10 at home against the Pats. I just dont see that game getting out of hand. Especially with Steelers home.

Sweatyguido
    Sweatyguido's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

watch the giants only win by 1. they tend to do that sort of thing (or lose outright) as big favorites

Cutlerfan623
    Cutlerfan623's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BoutDemCowboys View Post
    Agreed with the Chargers. Monday Night game who knows. Im gonna put the Steelers in for the Chargers then +10 at home against the Pats. I just dont see that game getting out of hand. Especially with Steelers home.

Smart play. Also with teasers you never want to cross 0 going from -3 to +3, almost all the time if you have to tease these games switch the underdog from +3 to +9. It is as if you are giving the book free points.

The Patriots will put up points, but their defense will give up enough yards to keep this a game. Also, the Steelers never lose by double digits. Off the top of my head, only the Steelers vs. Ravens Week 1 and last year's game between the Patriots and Steelers were the only games in the past two years (this year and last) in which Pittsburgh lost by double digits. But I think this year they keep it close.

This year, giving home teams double digit points has been money.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Bills are going to lose...