Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Dungy believes that the best move for the Colts would be...

...to send Peyton Manning packing.

Might this have to do with his ailing neck injury? or just the fact that they are already trying to factor Andrew Luck in to the game?

If this did happen, we know a LOT of teams would want to get him on their roster but who would he end up with?

Denver? Seattle? Miami? This for sure this would be a feeding frenzy...

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

colts will not get rid of peyton manning

he is a franchise QB and they will look like ungrateful scum if they do so

actually it would be very ungrateful to sack any player that has contributed to your team just because they got injured

Dax

But what if they do??? and right now all ethics have been lost in the NFL, so I don't think they would care if they look ungrateful.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

If you are a GM, every decision you make should be geared towards making your team better. You do not owe your employees anything except their paycheck. Colts made Peyton the highest paid player in the NFL, that is al they owe him as compensation for his services. If you make decisions based on players emotions, rather than what improves the team then you are not doing your job.

If Peytons neck becomes a chronic problem the Colts have to think of plan B. Curtis Painter is not that.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    But what if they do??? and right now all ethics have been lost in the NFL, so I don't think they would care if they look ungrateful.
    they will lose a lot of fans

I have personal experience from similar or worse situations, fans want the team to be run by decent people that love the team as much as they do, once they feel that the people in charge are heartless business men they will jump ship

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

They won't do it now, but what if they suck their way to the #1. They would really either have to trade Manning or the #1 (Luck). Really no other option. You're going to bench Manning. You're not going to sit Luck for what, 2 or 3 or 4 years. You've got to get value for one or the other, and if you're thinking about the future of the franchise, you realize that either way Indy is probably rebuilding and how can you pass on a franchise QB not for 2-3 years, but for 10+ years. If he's healthy, I'm sure a team ready to rock and roll would chomp at the bit for Manning and pony up.

Or they could trade luck and get a serious ransom in return.

But they don't trade Manning unless they have Luck to step in IMO.

SportsMushroom

Im sure manning can stay and groom the next quarterback

but Im also sure that manning is a selfish asshole, this guy wont retire until he gets more rings, which is never, so he may not be too warm about grooming the next colts quarterback and certainly will not accept taking the back seat at any team he is at

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    colts will not get rid of peyton manning

he is a franchise QB and they will look like ungrateful scum if they do so

actually it would be very ungrateful to sack any player that has contributed to your team just because they got injured
    Actually, the Colts showed their respect THIS SEASON by not putting Manning on season-ending IR, therefore costing him a hefty part of his massive salary. No, they kept him on the roster and paid him his FULL QUOTE.

Colts pretty much ate $15 million this season just to keep Manning happy...probably to use as leverage when they can his ass in the near future.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

If they can get Andrew Luck, then they most certainly should trade Manning.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

i totally disagree with the above post , if they can get luck thats all the more reason to keep peyton... let him sit and learn for 2/3 years and he'll be the next aaron Rogers... Luck has it all, but you just don't walk into this league at that position and start dominating. He could learn so much from 18....

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

49ers dumped Montana..this one ring asshole can surely be shown the door right?

If i was a indy fan i certainly could live with cutting Peyton lose if they drafted Luck. Think it all hypothetical tho, as bad as indy is i dont think they can beat out the phins for the battle for worst..

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

luck is too good to be sitting in the nfl...for 2-3 years....peyton took his lumps....bradford is taking his...cam is already out there making waves....luck is what most are saying...the best qb prospect in the last 10....it would be quite a situation the colts would face....they could probably rape somebody for that pick....and arm manning for one last run...or they could try to move him....which would cause quite a stir....colts fans would be put in quite a pickle...because they love peyton....but with luck they could be set up for another decade, or longer, for superbowl runs

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I think Peyton is done. Three neck surgeries like that doesn't seem promising. Fire their HC now and let Peyton train as interim HC.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I think Peyton is done. Three neck surgeries like that doesn't seem promising. Fire their HC now and let Peyton train as interim HC.
    Guy still wants to play... and yes they should get rid of the HC... doubt Manning would like to take that roll though...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Luck is the colts' to lose. They can't get anything for Peyton right now. if some gives them a bag of footballs they should be grateful. This wouldn't be an issue if al Davis were alive. He would give up his entire 2015 draft for Peyton at 40.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Who in their right football mind would trade for him? Only to sell tickets I guess.

Lo-CalDallasBuKe
    Lo-CalDallasBuKe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I say keep Manning and have Luck learn from him for a season or half of one then let him take over.

Can't hurt Luck to have a year of seasoning behind one of the greats (e.f. Farve/Rodgers).

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

dungy said keep manning and trade luck...OP is mis quoting

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Let him play as long as he can, when he can't, make him a QB coach.

He seems more rational minded than Favre and I think he will be less dramatic about it.

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Joe Montana was traded from the 49ers. Manning will be traded if they get Andrew Luck. Its very simple.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

colts need a rb, another wr, 2 o lineman, d tackle, and 2 linebackers

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

trade him to the vikings

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Raiders might give a few picks for Manning.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39777

Send Manning to Jets

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If I was Manning, I'd seek a trade. Why go back to this sad ass team that is winless without him. Go to a borderline contender needing a QB. Seahawks/Redskins/Titans/Jags all seem like tempting choices rather than going back to Indy. At least these teams have some defense.

eap9245
    eap9245's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    They won't do it now, but what if they suck their way to the #1. They would really either have to trade Manning or the #1 (Luck). Really no other option. You're going to bench Manning. You're not going to sit Luck for what, 2 or 3 or 4 years. You've got to get value for one or the other, and if you're thinking about the future of the franchise, you realize that either way Indy is probably rebuilding and how can you pass on a franchise QB not for 2-3 years, but for 10+ years. If he's healthy, I'm sure a team ready to rock and roll would chomp at the bit for Manning and pony up.

Or they could trade luck and get a serious ransom in return.

But they don't trade Manning unless they have Luck to step in IMO.
    Whatever you're smoking, I would really like a hit. I don't even know where to begin.

First, under the new CBA, there is a cap for what the rookies can make. Second, Polian has already publicly announced that he would draft Luck and do what Green Bay did with Rodgers and Favre. Look how that turned out, Rodgers is arguably the best QB in the NFL right now.

With not having to guarantee Luck an absurd amount of money, the Colts can clearly let Luck sit behind Manning for a few years and let him learn from one of the best QBs in the history of the NFL.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

A healthy Peyton being traded to the Jets, Vikings, 49ers, or Ravens...would equal a SB ring. He won't agree to being traded to Seattle, Miami, Cleveland, KC, or any other perpetually hopeless team. I'm only taking into account teams that would welcome a new QB.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

peyton manning in minnesota with AP? naptime btches..

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Trade him to the Giants and let him and brother fight for starts.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Vikes may as well take a chance with Manning.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

Peyton will stay. He invented a secret language for his offense through out the years.

He isn't going to another team to teach them this language which takes years.