Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

What's the Redskins problem?

Two words...

The Shanahan's...

Mike should have stayed retired and Kyle... well he's just doing what daddy tells him...

Very sad to see where the skins are...

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

What is their problem? They are the Redskins, and Daniel Snyder.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Skins are a consistently shitty team. They have not had a franchise QB in about 20 years... Thiesmann?

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Have to agree think they have had a new qb start the last 10 years. And we are not talking very good qb's course Daniel Snyder not the brightest owner.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

shanahan is a good coach, there offensive line is banged up now and lost moss and hightower. They just a need a better than average qb

pensfan
    pensfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12477

The Redskins need a QB.

the10man
    the10man's Avatar Become A Pro!

not like they were expected to be good

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Needs to stick with Torain as #1 RB. Needs consistency

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Synder is the bigger problem. Fukking clown walking around Panthers Stadium last game with a security force, Panthers owner riding around the place alone in his golf cart talking to the fans.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

mike shanahan is a joke. how can you coach elway then forget how important it is to have a quarterback???

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

They have trouble with their injuries right now heading against BUF. I know Bills defence is ridiculous but they are ranked number one with takeaways and have had a great year. One of my picks this week.

vinny89121
    vinny89121's Avatar Become A Pro!

quarterback

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

benching a qb after 1 bad game is utter stupidity.

basically threw the season away...

grossman played well to lead them to 3-2 and they were still half a game away from division lead.

now its all crumbling away. beck sucks and that was a very stupid and unnecessary qb switch. grossman never had the job to begin with and you cant qb in the nfl knowing that if you have 1 bad game youre gone. this is not the way to give the qb the reigns and it never works out when you know you arent allowed to make mistakes.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Two words...

The Shanahan's...

Mike should have stayed retired and Kyle... well he's just doing what daddy tells him...

Very sad to see where the skins are...

The Skins were bad for a long time BEFORE the Shannys showed up.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    what is their problem? They are the redskins, and daniel snyder.
    this !

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    shanahan is a good coach, there offensive line is banged up now and lost moss and hightower. They just a need a better than average qb
    Exactly what has Shanny won without Elway?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

Biggest problem is Snyder by far.

Prior to this year, the free agent carousel was an embarrassment.

No real QB as stated by others for decades.

Coaching carousel was also an embarrassment. New system and scheme almost every year.

Coaches in place might be able to get something done but not in 2 years. Who knows.

Organization has been a complete disaster with Snyder. That cannot be fixed overnight. Nice job Dan!

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's brutal, and the Skins were a team with a Wildcard ceiling if EVERYTHING broke right all season... now, losing five offensive starters to injury in the last two games, the season is just looking terrible.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

what's their problem? well....ah they suck?

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Have to agree think they have had a new qb start the last 10 years. And we are not talking very good qb's course Daniel Snyder not the brightest owner.
    I know its a different sport but Mark Cuban was perceived as not the brightest owner til he won it this year.

I think its the Raiders Syndrome of the East Coast....overpay for the wrong people

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Probably more efficient to list all their problems

1) No QB (as usual)
    2) Poor free agency signings
    3) Poor ownership
    4) Less than stellar coaching
    5) Injuries
    6) Three decent other teams in the division

It's nothing new for the Redskins. These fans much be shaking their heads at this point. Snyder has ruined this team from a once proud franchise to nothing more than a .500 at best team year in and year out.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Can't pick their nose, and treat draft picks like buffalo nickels. Other than Chris samuels, not one pro bowl pick despite having good draft positions, and sometimes trading those picks for dented cans of peas, and when that fails, paying top dollar for over the hill free agents. Now that I think about it, that would doom any franchise, not just the skins.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

they don't have a problem. The last 2 games they just got beat by 2 great teams.... they will turn it around... aren't they still in 1st place?

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Can't pick their nose, and treat draft picks like buffalo nickels. Other than Chris samuels, not one pro bowl pick despite having good draft positions, and sometimes trading those picks for dented cans of peas, and when that fails, paying top dollar for over the hill free agents. Now that I think about it, that would doom any franchise, not just the skins.

This about sums it up perfectly...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    This about sums it up perfectly...
    Thank you. I wish the skins were good since I have been force fed them since synder has taken over. Why do they have to be on Monday night against the cowboys and eagles every year is beyond me. Time to move on until they improve or gut upper management.

bigsmitty

Ice House: they don't have a problem. The last 2 games they just got beat by 2 great teams.... they will turn it around... aren't they still in 1st place?

You don't see any concerns for them with Beck at the helm, Moss, Cooley, Hightower now out among other starters? I'm no fan of them but I did a fair bit of reading for this and think BUF ATS in this spot is a great opportunity. All likelihood their year is done at this point so I would put away the futures bets...Cheers (replied incorrectly-ha)

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmmm no I think Redskins and Bills still have a lot to play for.... season is still young. Lots of football left.

bigsmitty

Of course I meant WSH's season is done. They'll still put in an effort but injuries are a big part of success, then add in skills and coaching...We'll see baby.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
    Ice House: they don't have a problem. The last 2 games they just got beat by 2 great teams.... they will turn it around... aren't they still in 1st place?

You don't see any concerns for them with Beck at the helm, Moss, Cooley, Hightower now out among other starters? I'm no fan of them but I did a fair bit of reading for this and think BUF ATS in this spot is a great opportunity. All likelihood their year is done at this point so I would put away the futures bets...Cheers (replied incorrectly-ha)

Honestly i feel like the losses of Hightower, Moss, and even Cooley are being a bit overblown (especially for this particular gm). They have several rbs that are capable of preforming at least as well as Hightower has thus far, not big talent drop off if any and Shannny system is rb friendly..Gaffney capable of stepping into Moss role, will hurt the 2 wr spot some but with the emergence of Davis at te not sure it effects them much....the defensive and o-line injuries are much more concerning as i still believe skins will be able to put up a decent offensive output against the bills d.. have to wait and see whether or not a few of the key defensive guys will go but i feel asking buf to cover 6.5 in what is not even a true home get is a bit unreasonable...

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Overall they have done a poor job of evaluating and acquiring players and many questionable FA signings. They thought that Grossman or Beck would be their answer at QB after the failed McNabb experiment. Really? There are many examples up and down their lineup over the past several years that show poor personnel decisions. Synder can be blamed for most of that in the past, but now Shanny is calling the personnel shots and while not as bad as Synder, he's been underwhelming at best.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are in disarray right now. Their plan going into the season was to " suck for Luck," basically tank the last 12 games. Shannahan and Synder both felt it was worth it. They are now rattled because of the early and perhaps insurmountable lead the Dolphins and Colts have gotten out to.

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Did anyone notice that they still nearly beat the Eagles despite that horrendous 4 pick peformance by unsexy Rex? Beck came in and did admirably and their defense didn't get scored against at all in the 2nd half. So to the question from the OP with what ails this team? They are still paying for bad personnel moves from the former management, they have no franchise QB and they still have an overly involved and bumbling owner in Daniel Snyder. Their season isn't over if you view it from the perspective that they were never considered to be contenders by ANYONE when the season began. Their defense will still keep them in games this year but let's face it, when your defense is on the field all day long because your offense cannot execute, you're staring at a final record that's not going to be pretty. In closing I'll say they have made strides in choosing better players in the first round with Orakpo, Kerrigan, Williams and Landry all looking like wise selections. It's still a long hill they have to climb and within a very competitve division.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dana View Post
    Did anyone notice that they still nearly beat the Eagles despite that horrendous 4 pick peformance by unsexy Rex? Beck came in and did admirably and their defense didn't get scored against at all in the 2nd half. So to the question from the OP with what ails this team? They are still paying for bad personnel moves from the former management, they have no franchise QB and they still have an overly involved and bumbling owner in Daniel Snyder. Their season isn't over if you view it from the perspective that they were never considered to be contenders by ANYONE when the season began. Their defense will still keep them in games this year but let's face it, when your defense is on the field all day long because your offense cannot execute, you're staring at a final record that's not going to be pretty. In closing I'll say they have made strides in choosing better players in the first round with Orakpo, Kerrigan, Williams and Landry all looking like wise selections. It's still a long hill they have to climb and within a very competitve division.
    Very good post.

I'll just stress the point that they need a QB. Rex has proven that he's not a franchise QB. Beck hasn't shown anything either. I'm curious how far they got into the Carson Palmer sweepstakes because someone had to push the price up for Oakland to pay through the nose like that.

Otherwise, yeah Shanny can win with a capable QB and will flounder without one. I still wonder exactly how much Snyder's meddling is weighing this team down, even though there are some bright spots on this team. In the end, I don't have much hope for the Redskins because when Gibbs II didn't work (and Gibbs seemed all too eager to cut bait and run) it was clear to me that there's something fundamentally wrong in D.C.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

They need a QB and receivers.