View Poll Results: How will the Packers fare in the 2011-12 NFL Season?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • They will lose some games but still go all the way

11 36.67%
  • They will have multiple losses! Super Bowl hangover

9 30.00%
  • They will have an undefeated reg. season but no ring

3 10.00%
  • They will lose their first game at Super Bowl XLVI

0 0%
  • They will do the 2007 Patriots one better

7 23.33%
    SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Do Packers go undefeated into the playoffs???

their schedule does not seem that challenging

theoretically, most of the teams they are playing have a better than .500 record but in reality those teams are average, they are not real contenders

@San Diego
    Minnesota
    Tampa Bay
    @Detroit
    @New York Giants
    Oakland
    @Kansas City
    Chicago
    Detroit

I suppose it will all depend on if they will be resting players towards the end of the season
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 10-24-11 at 05:20 AM.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

They will do the 2007 Patriots one better
    Points Awarded:

SportsMushroom gave Ace_of_Spades 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    They will do the 2007 Patriots one better
    I guess if there is one team that can go 19-0, this must be it

its not only about the packers dominance this year, its also about how non dominant the rest of the league is

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

i'm hurt 2-21 today

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Someone will clip them on the road, Rogers also can get hurt
    Guy is a machine right now though

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

They may consider resting Rodgers at the end of the season. That would kill the undefeated season.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

who knows but they r a good team

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Prop on this went from -500 to -1000 quickly

5dimes has a bunch on this.

NO

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Giants will beat them.. They don't match up well against the giants

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Chargers, Giants, Bears, Lions twice... they will lose at least 2 of these

k13

Green Bay Packers - Regular Season Undefeated
    Sun 11/6 18501 Packers win 16 regular season games +400
    1:00PM 18502 Packers lose/tie a regular season game -600

Green Bay Packers - Regular Season Undefeated & Win Superbowl
    Sun 11/6 18503 Packers win 18 games & Superbowl +650
    1:00PM 18504 Pack lose/tie regular or postseason game -1350

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Green Bay Packers - Regular Season Undefeated Sun 11/6 18501 Packers win 16 regular season games +400 1:00PM 18502 Packers lose/tie a regular season game -600 Green Bay Packers - Regular Season Undefeated & Win Superbowl Sun 11/6 18503 Packers win 18 games & Superbowl +650 1:00PM 18504 Pack lose/tie regular or postseason game -1350
    those are really bad odds, if you place a bet on packers during every week then you will end up with a lot more money than if you bet that prop

for example if you take that prop at $100 dollars you will win 400 if they go undefeated in the regular season, but if take that $100 and keep going all in on the packers every week for the next 8 games you will end up with $1000 assuming average odds of -300, given that the only team on the packers schedule with a losing record are the vikings, the average odds should be higher than that

then the average odds in the playoffs will increase as well

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

they will lose @ San Diego and/or @ NYG
    i understand how much better they are than both of these teams, and how great Rodgers is. I just think they are not unbeatable

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    their schedule does not seem that challenging

theoretically, most of the teams they are playing have a better than .500 record but in reality those teams are average, they are not real contenders

@San Diego
    Minnesota
    Tampa Bay
    @Detroit
    @New York Giants
    Oakland
    @Kansas City
    Chicago
    Detroit

I suppose it will all depend on if they will be resting players towards the end of the season

None of those games is a cinch. With the exception of Minny, who took GB to the wire yesterday, all of those teams are playoff bubble teams who might be fighting for their playoff lives when they meet GB. Chargers/Raiders/Chiefs are all within 1 game in the AFC West with GB going to SD next week which might narrow the gap further if GB beats SD. NYG are leading their division and we all know about Chicago, Detroit & TB fighting for those wildcard spots. I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers do something like 5-4 the rest of the way because that defense looks nothing like last year's team, apparently losing guys like Cullen Jenkins & Nick Collins is bigger than the dream chasers want to admit.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

They'll lose somewhere along the line. It just happens, even with the great teams.

k13

those are really bad odds, if you place a bet on packers during every week then you will end up with a lot more money than if you bet that prop

for example if you take that prop at $100 dollars you will win 400 if they go undefeated in the regular season, but if take that $100 and keep going all in on the packers every week for the next 8 games you will end up with $1000 assuming average odds of -300, given that the only team on the packers schedule with a losing record are the vikings, the average odds should be higher than that

then the average odds in the playoffs will increase as well
    Taking YES is stupid. Taking NO is a winner.

SportsMushroom

Taking YES is stupid. Taking NO is a winner.
    taking -600 is never a winner

1. This is a gambling forum
    2. I assume that everyone on a gambling forum is an experienced gambler
    3. I expect that -600 is something an experienced gambler will never put money on

If I were to bet no I would wait for them to win 2-3 more games so that I could get better odds

k13

taking -600 is never a winner

1. This is a gambling forum
    2. I assume that everyone on a gambling forum is an experienced gambler
    3. I expect that -600 is something an experienced gambler will never put money on

If I were to bet no I would wait for them to win 2-3 more games so that I could get better odds
    Yeah it is in some situations.

Sea vs Pit I would gladly put 100k on the ML if I had the cash to throw around. People think 10% returns for the year are great.

So you have a 16% investment here which is 95% + going to hit. Plus you can always hedge out late in the season with good odds. Only problem would be the limits here obviously and having money tied up for that long.

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

Will lose last game at home vs det.

SportsMushroom

Yeah it is in some situations. Sea vs Pit I would gladly put 100k on the ML if I had the cash to throw around. People think 10% returns for the year are great. So you have a 16% investment here which is 95% + going to hit. Plus you can always hedge out late in the season with good odds. Only problem would be the limits here obviously and having money tied up for that long.
    and if it loses you are down 100k, may I remind you that only 2 weeks ago seattle beat the giants in new york, a -1000 fav, that day turned a lot of people homeless

may I remind you what happened during the weekend with oklahoma? a -8000 fav that lost?

you yourself are negating your own point, you are trying to make a point that betting -1000 favs is ok, and saying its ok to bet -600 for the packers to lose a game, but you are neglecting that for that to happen it means that a -1000 to -600 fav will need to lose at the same time
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 10-24-11 at 10:34 AM.

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

Anything is possible.

k13

and if it loses you are down 100k, may I remind you that only 2 weeks ago seattle beat the giants in new york, a -1000 fav, that day turned a lot of people homeless

may I remind you what happened during the weekend with oklahoma? a -8000 fav that lost?

you yourself are negating your own point, you are trying to make a point that betting -1000 favs is ok, and saying its ok to bet -600 for the packers to lose a game, but you are neglecting that for that to happen it means that a -1000 to -600 fav will need to lose at the same time
    I would never bet Giants in that spot. I mostly play dogs anyway. The two Seattle games might look similar but are very different. If the game is still too close you can just adjust LIVE.

You have like 9 chances for the Packers to lose one. Plus chance of resting. I`m not betting it anyway just saying sometimes big faves have actual value if you calculate the numbers.
    What do you think the odds of Packers going undefeated areÉ

bet365 has +650 for this prop.

They have st louis or Colts to go 0-16 +1000 lol

k13

Would you take the Patriots to win the division at -333 right now

k13

Would you take the Packers -333 to win the division

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I think there is many games they could lose. I highly doubt they end the season perfect. Just look at their game on Sunday. Vs. a good team they might not of been so lucky. Besides the Saints, they really have not played a top tier team yet. Hell even when they played the bears it was when the Bears D was shit.
    The second half of their schedule is about 100 times tougher. San Diego, Oakland, NYG, Chicago (now with their d playing good), Detroit twice.
    I say they finish the season with two losses. The packers Defense has been shit this year. So i defiantly see one of the games they lose vs. Detroit.
    The bears/packer games are usually hard fought games in the regular season, the bears D is playing at a much higher rate now.
    San Diego, is a great team obviously. Again, the packers secondary has been terrible, if the S.D defense can step up...
    The packers SOS has been pretty easy in the first half and its going to get much much harder.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Minnesota wins at Green Bay.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I think they lose after the bye, SD.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Green Bay could lose ANY ONE of those remaining games besides Kansas City.

SportsMushroom

Would you take the Patriots to win the division at -333 right now
    Would you take the Packers -333 to win the division
    no and no

I dont play juice

but anyhow, I never would have bet them because I dont like my money tied up for a long time

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

27th ranked D, if they didn't get those interceptions yesterday they very well could have lost. Maybe it's hard to get up to play the Vikings? I think some gets 'em but that offensive is a nightmare for most teams.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

They're good but they don't seem like a great team to me. 14-2 at best but I say they go 13-3 and lose the NFC Championship or Super Bowl.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Minnesota wins at Green Bay.
    You can put the crack pipe down now guy.

Most likely losses will either be Detroit on Thanksgiving or the Giants. They have the bye week to tweak their defense some, If they ever get back Mike Neal, Cullen Jenkins' replacement watch out.
    They're giving up a lot of yards, but their red zone defense is still very good which is most important.

On offense, it's pick your poison, easily have the most weapons of anybody in the league on offense.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

really dont think anyone in the nfc can beat them in the playoffs so at this point it hard to say anything but yes they go all the way...dont think they go undefeated tho, 14-2 seems pretty reasonable. sd could clip them. wouldnt shock me if they lose in det on thanksgiving. bears generally play them tough so the gm against them wont be easy...undefeated no, SB yes..still a long way to go tho, lots can happen..

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Green Bay could lose ANY ONE of those remaining games besides Kansas City.
    I 100 percent agree, IMO there is almost no chance they go 16-0. I would put it under 1 percent.
    Their defense is just not that good this year, and they have gotten lucky a few times this year they were facing bad teams. Carolina and Minnesota games to be specific.

Det. to me on thanks-given is the game to look at. I think it matches up great for their first loss, or second loss if they lose to s.d. Det. now a good team is going to watch to win that game, after years of terrible thanksgiven games, in which they still played hard. With dets. passing game, assuming everyone stays healthy i love Det in that game.

To me it seems, like the packers have not played a good full game since the New Orleans game. ATL Carolina Minnesota, they started off slow.
    Rams game they whipped the rams up in first half, but then couldn't do anything in the 2nd half, and i doubt it was just as simple as a lack of effort.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    You can put the crack pipe down now guy.

Most likely losses will either be Detroit on Thanksgiving or the Giants. They have the bye week to tweak their defense some, If they ever get back Mike Neal, Cullen Jenkins' replacement watch out.
    They're giving up a lot of yards, but their red zone defense is still very good which is most important.

On offense, it's pick your poison, easily have the most weapons of anybody in the league on offense.

rankings aside i still like Packs d more than most when push comes to shove..

12 Last