No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

JAX +10 or possibly even +11

This SNF is going to freak everyone out and make it seem like Monday's game will go in a similar lopsided direction due to the talent gap between the two teams.

Don't let it. Jags will cover.

Points Awarded:

blackeyeshamus gave No coincidences 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

WinningIsKeY
    WinningIsKeY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree will wait to bet before game see if the spread rises GL get money!
    ALERT! changed- BAL ROUT- $$$
    Last edited by WinningIsKeY; 10-23-11 at 10:06 PM.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    This SNF is going to freak everyone out and make it seem like Monday's game will go in a similar lopsided direction due to the talent gap between the two teams. Don't let it. Jags will cover.

Fading the Ravens is a very scary propisition right now

Not only are they 4-1, all 4 wins were by at least 15 points (including wins against 2 or 3 likely playoff teams in the Jets, Steelers and Texans). They're doing all this despite a mediocre start to the season by Joe Flacco whose passer rating is well below last season's numbers. IMO you take out their one let down game against the Titans where they did not play up to their usual intensity and they've looked like the best team in football

With that being said, your absolute only chance of a cover here is a terrible offensive outing by the Ravens. The jags offense with a bad oline and a rookie QB will generate very little offense against a ferocious ravens defense... I would be shocked if the jags score more than 14 points or so in this game

You're looking at a 24-7 type game here

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

You get 11.5 at 5 dimes now.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

Not only are they 4-1, all 4 wins were by at least 15 points (including wins against 2 or 3 likely playoff teams in the Jets, Steelers and Texans). They're doing all this despite a mediocre start to the season by Joe Flacco whose passer rating is well below last season's numbers. IMO you take out their one let down game against the Titans where they did not play up to their usual intensity and they've looked like the best team in football

With that being said, your absolute only chance of a cover here is a terrible offensive outing by the Ravens. The jags offense with a bad oline and a rookie QB will generate very little offense against a ferocious ravens defense... I would be shocked if the jags score more than 14 points or so in this game

yes yes, everyone on SBR already knows you like the Ravens here along with any other team favored by 10 or more.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I can't believe you're still posting.

Did you not get ass-raped this weekend?

Thanks for the advice chief.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    yes yes, everyone on SBR already knows you like the Ravens here along with any other team favored by 10 or more.

no I have the ravens in a teaser down to 1.5

IMO it's free money, I would give you less than 5% chance that the jaguars can beat this ferocious ravens defense starting a seemingly clueless rookie QB

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I can't believe you're still posting.

Did you not get ass-raped this weekend?

Thanks for the advice chief.

I went 1-5 in college this week - sht happens though, I'm still well over 60% in college for the season

I hit one huge teaser in the NFL today with the chargers, seahawks and packers so I have recooped most of my losses

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went 1-5 in college this week - sht happens though, I'm still well over 60% in college for the season

I hit one huge teaser in the NFL today with the chargers, seahawks and packers so I have recooped most of my losses
    1-5??

1-8 at the VERY VERY least. And of course you made a HUGE bet on a teaser to win most of it back.
    You can't make this sh it up.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39777

No point in using your time talking to someone who looks at line movement 12 hours a day and then unloads his $20 bets?

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

jags are going to get raped

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

DREW is a monster

WinningIsKeY
    WinningIsKeY's Avatar Become A Pro!

First half line mnf -6 1/2 ravens NOW lol(will go up to 7 or 7 1/2), call me but i pounded it
    JAX wont generate any rythm on the big MNF stage GL all!

Producer2627
    Didnt know we couldnt help people out
    Producer2627's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im also taking the jags, and I will also bet the under will happen

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Have these been posted yet today? They seem relevant right now.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Reading this thread has completely lowered my confidence in betting Ravens at -9 1/2.

Bhramabull is a clown. You should see the garbage he posted on the MMA betting forum.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Except that Jacksonville relies very heavily on their running game while featuring abysmal passing from Gabbert. The limited production he's had this season has largely come in the second half when the games were out of reach. Granted, the Jags have faced good defensive teams this season, but Baltimore has very strong defense against the run, and will absolutely force Gabbert to throw the ball more than he'd like. Jacksonville will be forced into one-dimensional play and have a very hard time sustaining drives.

Their only chance is to slow the game down with long possessions and for the above-mentioned reasons, I really doubt that will happen. The books are charging a premium price here with this line, but given the specifics as to how these teams will match up, I can't really say it's unwarranted. Jacksonville succeeds only when they can establish their ground game and wear away at a team's defense steadily. This is not the team to do this against.

I'm not overly interested in betting on this game but I suspect that Baltimore will be very aggressive in the first half and almost definitely be the first to score in this game so you can do better in live betting. Even if you get +11, you're taking a bad line on a bad team that doesn't have the explosiveness to put the Ravens on their heels, even coming out of a bye.

Not a good bet, IMO.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 10-23-11 at 11:12 PM.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

hahahahahah shogun rua, no co, and crew...
    now I'm leaning toward jacksonville for the cover.
    jacksonville can play defense, too. let the public
    continue pounding bmore, and then hit jax 1x...
    my bookie thinks I made a f@#kin' deal with the devil:
    going 8-1 for 34.50 in the NCAA on saturday. today:
    hey, shamus... how you doin'?
    oh, I'm all right. how about yourself?
    all right! I guess the hell you're all right! how the f@#k... (etc)
    pushed after a long day in the NFL... starting slow
    with a unit on the dixie kittens tomorrow night...
    good luck, gentlemen! may the force be witcha...

jalen__rose
    jalen__rose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 203

remember what happened to the jags when they played the jets? And remember what the ravens did to the jets? IM POUNDING RAVENS -10.5.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

y'all ever been to jacksonville?
    oh and the "if A loses to B, and C defeats B, then A will lose to C" logic?
    good luck with that, brah! see you in church...
    thanks for all of your hard work cappin' games, gentlemen!
    let's start another great week! oh, yeah...

DHK
    DHK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Already on Ravens -9.5, should be an EASY win..surprised it's not -13.5 at the least

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

On the site that I use the juice already jumped to-128 at -9.5 spread

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    hahahahahah shogun rua, no co, and crew... now I'm leaning toward jacksonville for the cover. jacksonville can play defense, too. let the public continue pounding bmore, and then hit jax 1x... my bookie thinks I made a f@#kin' deal with the devil: going 8-1 for 34.50 in the NCAA on saturday. today: hey, shamus... how you doin'? oh, I'm all right. how about yourself? all right! I guess the hell you're all right! how the f@#k... (etc) pushed after a long day in the NFL... starting slow with a unit on the dixie kittens tomorrow night... good luck, gentlemen! may the force be witcha...

except that the ravens have averaged 35 points per game against the Steelers, Jets and Texans - 3 teams with a vastly superior defense to Jacksonville. I'm not saying Jacksonville has a bad defense but I dunno how much of a poor offensive effort you can really expect from Baltimore

With that being said, your best bet here is that the ravens offense lays an egg, because it's gonna be punt after punt after punt for Jacksonville

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Except that Jacksonville relies very heavily on their running game while featuring abysmal passing from Gabbert. The limited production he's had this season has largely come in the second half when the games were out of reach. Granted, the Jags have faced good defensive teams this season, but Baltimore has very strong defense against the run, and will absolutely force Gabbert to throw the ball more than he'd like. Jacksonville will be forced into one-dimensional play and have a very hard time sustaining drives.

Their only chance is to slow the game down with long possessions and for the above-mentioned reasons, I really doubt that will happen. The books are charging a premium price here with this line, but given the specifics as to how these teams will match up, I can't really say it's unwarranted. Jacksonville succeeds only when they can establish their ground game and wear away at a team's defense steadily. This is not the team to do this against.

I'm not overly interested in betting on this game but I suspect that Baltimore will be very aggressive in the first half and almost definitely be the first to score in this game so you can do better in live betting. Even if you get +11, you're taking a bad line on a bad team that doesn't have the explosiveness to put the Ravens on their heels, even coming out of a bye.

Not a good bet, IMO.

exactly

this is a very bad matchup if you look at how both teams run their offense/defense. The jaguars scored 13 points against the Steelers because the Steelers run defense is awful this year. I don't know how they're gonna score at all in this game...

Look at the ravens defense so far this year - 7 points allowed to Pittsburg, 26 against Tennessee, 17 points allowed to Jets (14 of those were defense/special teams), 7 points allowed to STL and 14 to Houston (7 off defense)

you're looking at a team that has given up 50 offensive points in 5 games this year facing the worst offense in the league (the jags are dead last in yards per game)

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ravens win by 14

27-13 or 24-10 Ravens

Last edited by Sambooka; 10-24-11 at 11:05 AM.

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the heads-up brahma. Jags (30x). If I lose this bet I will leave the site forever.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice post above Brahmabull. Very good info.

chrisharvard01

Quote Originally Posted by dontbuythehook View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up brahma. Jags (30x). If I lose this bet I will leave the site forever.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by GimpedMaster View Post
    Have these been posted yet today? They seem relevant right now.

lmfao

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

The line will likely go higher. I don't see the jags covering but you never know. They're 2nd to last in scoring and Ravens are on a roll. Yes the jags played a close game to the Steelers, but so did the Colts and look what just happened to them.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    The line will likely go higher. I don't see the jags covering but you never know. They're 2nd to last in scoring and Ravens are on a roll. Yes the jags played a close game to the Steelers, but so did the Colts and look what just happened to them.

Jags Team total Under =

chrisharvard01

Who is the dude that is posted pics of in this thread?

jalen__rose
    jalen__rose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 203

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    y'all ever been to jacksonville?
    oh and the "if A loses to B, and C defeats B, then A will lose to C" logic?
    good luck with that, brah! see you in church...
    thanks for all of your hard work cappin' games, gentlemen!
    let's start another great week! oh, yeah...
    ... really?

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets compare Bal/Jax ATS records for the year

Ravens W4 L1

Jaguars W2 L4

What does this tell us?

Odds-makers are off a considerable amount on the lines for both teams,however until they get it right Baltimore has a lopsided advantage on tonight's match up ATS.......

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I've got the ravens -7.5 on the tail end of a $6K 3 teamer (DAL/PIT/BALT).

Picked up a nice $1K hedge on Jax with a 3 point middle.

I expect a Baltimore blowout, but hoping for an 8-10 point win.

Best of luck, whichever side you're on.

12 Last