Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Week 7 - Picking every game

I'm not - repeat not - betting every game, this is just a bit of fun. Last week's mediocre 6-6-1 leaves me 45-39-5 for the season. Good to be over .500 but I'll happily go 0-13 this week if it means victory in my vital over-30's soccer league match on Sunday morning.

FYI, the team I am picking is always listed first. All lines are taken from footballlocks.com at the time of posting.

Buccaneers +1.5 over Bears
    It's absurd that I, an Englishman, have attended NFL games at Gilette and Ralph Wilson but not at Wembley

Panthers -2.5 over Redkins
    The real John Beck nearly took a tiny (and wonderful) soccer club into the Premier League 19 years ago. Then went a bit mad.

Chargers -1 @ Jets
    The coaching jibes about 'rings' this week reminded me that really, America, rings? Not very manly, is it? What next, Superbowl brooches?

Seahawks +3 @ Browns
    "Picking the Seahawks on the road? Have you taken leave of your senses?"
    Yes, yes I have.

Titans -3 over Texans
    Houston are in the midst of a series of games against some of the NFL's horriblest opponents, with injury concerns.

Dolphins PK over Broncos
    I have bet this one and it's this week's "I started to change my mind as soon as I placed the bet" bet. The mystical powers of stupid media hype may well get Denver the win, dagnabbit.

Lions -4 over Falcons
    For Auntie Eileen, much missed.

Chiefs +3.5 @ Raiders
    Janikowski is out!

Cardinals +3.5 over Steelers
    True fact: my picks invariably do worse in the later games.

Cowboys -14 over Rams
    Said last week I couldn't pick two-TD favourites for religious reasons. Just remembered that religion is bunk.

Vikings +9.5 over Packers
    I like domes and the colour purple. (Yes that is you spell colour!)

Saints -13.5 over Colts
    I bet the Saints in their Superbowl win over Indy. Needless bragging, very un-British of me.

Ravens -9 @ Jaguars
    Until Jacksonville hosts a TV series better than 'The Wire' (not gonna happen) I have to pick Baltimore.

Enjoy your NFL weekend. And please, someone come on the thread and say I'm going to go 2-11, 'cause I always do better when that happens.
    Last edited by Limey; 10-22-11 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Typo

the10man
    the10man's Avatar Become A Pro!

you will go 2-11

Limey
    3-3 so far this season

Cheers

BOBBYW
    BOBBYW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7198

Maybe 3-10...

jalen__rose
    jalen__rose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 203

texans will win

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I thin he will go 11-2

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I like Denver to win. Both teams suck, but it's pretty much a home game for the Broncoes. Aren't they doing some huge Pre-Game ceremony for Tebow? I like Bears as well. Can't see Arizona winning, but at the same time I could see Pit coming out flat. But if I had to choose one, I'd put my money on Pit -3.5.

To think a rookie can keep the lowly vikings within 10 points of the surging Packers is a joke. I think Pack win by 3 TD's. I also like the Texans, I think they bounce back in a big division game. They don't want to lose 3 straight.

Limey
    3-3 so far this season

Bad day, 5-6-1 with Monday Night Football to come, will be my first sub .500 week of the season if the Ravens don't cover. Not in the best of moods having bet on Miami, who led by 15 with five minutes remaining. Grrr. Bed.