imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

imgv Spotlight: Terrell Owens

SPOTLIGHT IS ON:
    TERRELL OWENS

5 Questions Regarding Terrell Owens

1.Say Something Positive about T.O

2.Say Something Negative about T.O

3.Where do you rank him among active WR's?

4.If you were GM of a NFL Team would you be interested in him?

5.Describe T.O in no more than two words.

Bonus: Do you think he is a good person?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

the only thing i can say about this guy really is. he's a great players when he decides to play.

Curse Fire
    SBR COWBOYS!!!
    Curse Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont care if he is a good guy or not just if he
    can catch the football and score for the Boys.
    He will score alot of TD this year for Dallas and
    thats all that matters.

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Quote Originally Posted by Curse Fire
    I dont care if he is a good guy or not just if he
    can catch the football and score for the Boys.
    He will score alot of TD this year for Dallas and
    thats all that matters.
    He will score some TD's this year for sure and be an All Pro but Parcells has already told him not to expect west coast type numbers in recpt, yards, and tds. For a Parcells coached team, he will have great numbers but not when you compare them to his past numbers. I dont know about scoring ALOT of TD's.

Im a TO fan thats for sure and ive been looking for smoe dallas-indy tickets but cant get a hold of any. should be a good game to watch.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    SPOTLIGHT IS ON:
    TERRELL OWENS

Bonus: Do you think he is a good person?
    2. I don't like the way he acts on camera off the field.
    1. That has nothing to do with the way he plays football.
    4. Yes
    5. Talented asshole

Bonus: I've never met him, but I would be willing to bet that he is a better person that he seems to the public. His competitive nature makes him look like a fool sometimes, but that is also what makes him great on the field.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94

1. As hard working as they come during the game
    2. Was once friends with Donovan McNabb
    3.#2
    4.If I had money left to spend, but WR is near the bottom of my priorities if I'm a GM. I'm focusing on the O and D-lines first, then LBs and DBs next. Offense comes last.
    5.Misunderstood Talent

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I rank him #3 behind Moss and Holt

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rm18
    I rank him #3 behind Moss and Holt
    Come on rm, the next time one of those guys makes a tough catch in traffic will be the first.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Come on rm, the next time one of those guys makes a tough catch in traffic will be the first.

Hey Moss made a tough catch in traffic against San Diego on 3 and 15 when they were down 20 points with a minute left to win my prop bet for me last year, so hes the man.

I know Owens is probably a better all around guy than Moss and Holt but he can't catch or stretch the field, Moss would never play on a team that was dead last in the league in rushing because he affects the defense, also at nearly 33 years old Owens has to prove to me he can stilll play since it has been a while

imgv94

Holt is very underrated!! No one talks about him and he
    has been a Top 4 WR for 8 years.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

God Damn its good to see some football talk!! I'm startin come out of my hybernation. Good to see IMGV is Back. Got a solicitation call from FF. There offering me a 40% bonus if I sign by Friday. Shit now i gotta scramble for some doe. Anyways It's a shame T.O doesn't have a brain that can control his mouth. If he could I think he'd be #2 right behind Moss. It will be interesting to see how Parcels handles Mr Owens.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey happy boy.... good to see you around here posting again. i'm in football mode myself right now bud, so come make sure you come around on a regular basis from now to the start of the season

imgv94

I am in football mode also. LOL

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Ill be posting more often BBd good to hear from ya too!

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    1. As hard working as they come during the game
    2. Was once friends with Donovan McNabb
    3.#2
    4.If I had money left to spend, but WR is near the bottom of my priorities if I'm a GM. I'm focusing on the O and D-lines first, then LBs and DBs next. Offense comes last.
    5.Misunderstood Talent
    From now on I will simply allow Owned to do all my posting for me.

I would also add that he is one of the most impressive athletic specimans that any sport has ever witnessed.

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

The guy is a great talent but could be an even larger asset to his team if he had a better attitude. It is possible to be competitive and a team player at the same time.

Plus, I just needed to get into a football conversation. I am having withdrawals fellas!!!

T.O. asks 'Why me?' for media's criticism

NFL.com wire reports

IRVING, Texas (July 17, 2006) -- Terrell Owens blames the media for portraying him as a selfish player, although he admits a tendency of saying things about others that he wouldn't want said about himself.

In an interview with Bryant Gumbel airing July 18 on HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, Owens acknowledges dishing out more criticism than he's willing to take.

"The only thing I can really think of is maybe it was the way I grew up, you know," he said, according to a transcript released to The Associated Press. "I got picked on so much, and it's like I feel like I'm still constantly being picked on."

Owens said he doesn't think reporters are necessarily conspiring against him as much as using him "to gain viewers' attention." As a result, he believes that he is "misunderstood." He said other players have been, too, "but I feel like I have been one of the main guys who've been vilified."

Why?

"That's the million-dollar question," he said. "Why me? ... At some point it does get to me. And I can't say it enough. Dude, I'm human and that's what I'm trying to get people to understand."

Owens also discussed his spat with quarterback Donovan McNabb that eventually led to his release by the Eagles.

As he wrote in a recently released book, Owens said he believes McNabb was jealous of the attention Owens was receiving in Philadelphia and that things boiled over when McNabb cursed at him in a huddle after a play. Owens said he took it as more than something said in the heat of competition.

"When I tried to address that after the game, he blew me off," Owens said. "So, that let me know it's more than just being competitive. It was more than that."

Owens is scheduled to report to his first training camp with the Dallas Cowboys July 28.
    Last edited by begolf25; 07-19-06 at 01:56 PM.