Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Arizona/Carolina A Shoot-Out?

Since everyone is talking about the other game, I'd like to hear opinions on tonight's matchup. I don't like a side because I'm not willing to take or give 10 points in a playoff game, not this one anyway. So, seeing that the total started at 46 and at some books is now at 49.5, I am going with the under. I'm waiting to see if it hits 50 before I place my bet though.

I like Carolina to mix it up but using heavy doses of their 2-back tandem. Also, Carolina has a decent pass D and their front 4 can cause problems for Warner. I think Arizona will use the run and the underneath pass game to try to lull the Panthers to sleep in order to set up the big one down field for Fitzgerald much the same way they did last week vs. Atlanta. The problem with this theory is that was last week, and Carolina will most certainly game plan for that. Bottom line, 50 points is a lot in a NFL game, and I know these teams can score, but I like the public betting up the total to almost 4 points from where it was set last week.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Carolina D is pissed, they feel "disrespected" by the things arizona have been saying. I look for the D to stand tough, and Stewart/Williams to run wild. Im going with the under.

maniac0201
    maniac0201's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cold front moving through the region. There will be showers in the area tonight. Too soon to know if they will be scattered or more concentrated.

cruzanbeast
    cruzanbeast's Avatar Become A Pro!

Coming into tonight’s game the Over has gone 6-1 in the Cardinals’ last seven games and has come in each of its last four contests, where the team and its opponents have totaled 54 points on average. For the season the Over is 12-5 for Arizona as it has totaled, on average, 53.4 points per game.
    For Carolina, though the Over only went 8-8 for the season, it went 7-2 its last nine games and 6-1 its last seven and has come in each of its last two games. In that seven-game stretch the Panthers and their opponents have totaled, on average, 59.8 points per game.
    Also consider that the Over is 7-0 the Panthers’ last seven games against NFC opponents, it’s 7-2 their last nine playoff games, and it is 9-3 their last 12 January outings.
    For the Cards, the Over is 38-15 their last 53 games on the road and it is 20-8 their last 28 games against teams with winning records.
    The over looks good to me.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

yes it was a shoot out...but only one team brought bullets!!!

mftiuri
    mftiuri's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes it was a shoot out...but only one team brought bullets!!!