No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Two plays this week

Titans -3
    Vikes +9

Might add Jacksonville on Monday night. Trying to cut down on NFL plays; more action you have, the better chance it ends badly.

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like both.

JoMoney2785
    JoMoney2785's Avatar Become A Pro!

like the titans pick and also strongly agree to yur statement regarding playing less...ive noticed that the past few weeks, ive cut my plays in half and my winning % has greatly increased

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I just don't get why so many people are hopping on vikings to cover?

I just don't see why the Packers wouldn't be able to win by atleast a touchdown and a field goal

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Have you watched Baltimore over the course of the last 3 years on night games? I'd like to know what their record is and who they have played. Jax will lose by 3 touchdowns. Always trying to take the sharp side? Jax will get dumped on. Let's bet on it.

WinningIsKeY
    WinningIsKeY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baltimore will cover, would only tease HOU betting that game, GL either way!

late4thegame
    late4thegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Like the Vikes and the Jags. I think Houston comes back this week.....this should be one heck of a game and I'll take the points. Green Bay is due for a competetive game.....if we think the're going to steam roll every week, then there may be no reason to play for the Super Bowl. Just give them the ring again.

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I think you're better off smoking your own money, literally lighting it on fire, then going against Rodgers right now. Even at -9 I'm still tempted to take the Pack.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dana View Post
    I think you're better off smoking your own money, literally lighting it on fire, then going against Rodgers right now. Even at -9 I'm still tempted to take the Pack.
    Granted it's risky on paper to bet against Rodgers, but I still think the Vikings are a decent squad and they'll be energized by Palmer playing against a so-so Pack defense.

Always take the + number in divisional games and big rivalries. I'm not saying Minnesota wins by any means, but I'll roll the dice at 9 for a unit.

WinningIsKeY

The packers WILL cover , the spread at 9 is a gift. If you bet monday or tues it was at - 7.5 I bought a point and bet it at -130 almost my entire gambling bankroll. Do a 7.5 teaser maybe with saints or houston almost even money

Gl All

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Granted it's risky on paper to bet against Rodgers, but I still think the Vikings are a decent squad and they'll be energized by Palmer playing against a so-so Pack defense. Always take the + number in divisional games and big rivalries. I'm not saying Minnesota wins by any means, but I'll roll the dice at 9 for a unit.

oh good god almighty

so - so pack defense that has given up 14 points per game last 4 games??? the same pack defense that was top 3 in the league in points allowed last year??

Dude you're taking a rookie QB on a bad team against the best team in the NFL since the 2007 Patriots!!!

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Agree with Brahma here. I just can't bet on a rookie QB going up against the best QB in the NFL and the defending Superbowl champions. It's just not logical.

WinningIsKeY

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    oh good god almighty

so - so pack defense that has given up 14 points per game last 4 games??? the same pack defense that was top 3 in the league in points allowed last year??

Dude you're taking a rookie QB on a bad team against the best team in the NFL since the 2007 Patriots!!!

CASH in with the PACK ( or a no play )

Lock Of The Aeon
    Fight fire with fire!
    Lock Of The Aeon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1007

Green Bay is the squarest play on the board by far. I'm not saying they won't cover. It's a fact. Check the betting percentages.

Good luck with the plays!

the10man
    the10man's Avatar Become A Pro!

tennesee is a smart play imo

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Titans -3
    Vikes +9
    Why do you like the Titans here?

I see so many people picking Tennessee this week but I haven't seen any justification for taking them from anyone. They're a one dimensional team that caught Baltimore with their pants down after raping the Steelers, and have otherwise done nothing impressive. I think they're extremely over-valued right now.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 10-19-11 at 11:56 PM.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Why do you like the Titans here? I see so many people picking Tennessee this week but I haven't seen any justification for taking them from anyone. They're a one dimensional team that caught Baltimore with their pants down after raping the Steelers, and have otherwise done nothing impressive. I think they're extremely over-valued right now.

that's a pretty sharp line with all things considered

Houston would be significantly better than tennessee if they had Mario Williams and Andre Johnson, but it's obviously not the case

very even matchup with only advantage I see being homefield for the titans

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Why do you like the Titans here? I see so many people picking Tennessee this week but I haven't seen any justification for taking them from anyone. They're a one dimensional team that caught Baltimore with their pants down after raping the Steelers, and have otherwise done nothing impressive. I think they're extremely over-valued right now.
    I took Hou ML even with the injuries because Hou should still have the edge on offence & defence to get it done.+165 is good Value for a team that should have adjusted to their injury problems.

xjumpintwit
    xjumpintwit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Granted it's risky on paper to bet against Rodgers, but I still think the Vikings are a decent squad and they'll be energized by Palmer playing against a so-so Pack defense.

Always take the + number in divisional games and big rivalries. I'm not saying Minnesota wins by any means, but I'll roll the dice at 9 for a unit.

vikings are a decent squad? they are 1-5 and their defense isnt all that great .. so so pack defense????? dude u know nothing about football ... the packers hands down wil destroy minnesota ... dont be surprised if they forfeit at halftime ...... outside of adrian peterson the vikings have no playmakers at all ......(cept harvin on kickoffs but is he even doing them still) .... their wide outs cant catch the ball and they are just terrible ...

but good luck with ur vikings bet at + infinityy cuz ur gona need all the help u can get

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Why do you like the Titans here?

I see so many people picking Tennessee this week but I haven't seen any justification for taking them from anyone. They're a one dimensional team that caught Baltimore with their pants down after raping the Steelers, and have otherwise done nothing impressive. I think they're extremely over-valued right now.
    Fading public road dogs is automatic profit in the long run.

Sharp books move to -3.5, this is similar when steelers played houston.

You'd think Houston would win easily here. +165 ml says otherwise, it's high for a reason.

I think all the injuries Houston has is what's making Titans a viable play.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    that's a pretty sharp line with all things considered. Houston would be significantly better than tennessee if they had Mario Williams and Andre Johnson, but it's obviously not the case very even matchup with only advantage I see being homefield for the titans
    The injuries are obviously a factor, but the Texans have a lot of balance on the team, with a good running game and solid defense. They've also had 2 weeks to adjust their schemes for playing without A.J.

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Fading public road dogs is automatic profit in the long run. Sharp books move to -3.5, this is similar when steelers played houston. You'd think Houston would win easily here. +165 ml says otherwise, it's high for a reason. I think all the injuries Houston has is what's making Titans a viable play.
    The public hasn't spoken yet. It's the middle of the week. And saying anything is an automatic winner is crap. A line move from -3 (-125) to -3.5 (+100), which is the current price at Pinnacle, is not a dramatic move.

Even in their current states, these teams aren't that far off from each other here, however Tennessee is very dependent on their passing game, with no ground game to speak of. Houston can defend the pass pretty well. On the other end of the field, Tennessee has given up 400+ yards of offense in each of their last two games and even a banged up Houston team has a lot of offensive weapons.

I just don't see any real edge here for the Titans and feel like the value is on Houston.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

The injuries are obviously a factor, but the Texans have a lot of balance on the team, with a good running game and solid defense. They've also had 2 weeks to adjust their schemes for playing without A.J. The public hasn't spoken yet. It's the middle of the week. And saying anything is an automatic winner is crap. A line move from -3 (-125) to -3.5 (+100), which is the current price at Pinnacle, is not a dramatic move. Even in their current states, these teams aren't that far off from each other here, however Tennessee is very dependent on their passing game, with no ground game to speak of. Houston can defend the pass pretty well. On the other end of the field, Tennessee has given up 400+ yards of offense in each of their last two games and even a banged up Houston team has a lot of offensive weapons. I just don't see any real edge here for the Titans and feel like the value is on Houston.
    I don't understand why you're putting so much emphasis on stats in the first quarter of the regular season. These stats mean nothing in my opinion. I think Houston getting 4 is the better play because it could be a fg game, but for you to say Tenn has no ground game to speak of because they haven't gotten it going in tht efirst 5 games???

Chris Johnson is one of the top 3 running backs in the NFL hands down. So don't bank on their RUSH O staying towards the bottom of the NFL for long. The stats you're looking at today are going to be completely flipped around come week 10 of the season. Teams are settling in right about now.