LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Carson Palmer is STARTING this week

Just an FYI. I am on KC +4.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you think the line will move any higher? I think everyone still thinks carson is elite so they'll pound oakland now

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Palmer is healthy and well rested. He has a career 63% accuracy rating. Put a healthy and accurate Palmer on Oakland and the rest of the NFL needs to worry.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

So if Kyle Boller was starting this week you wouldn't take the +4 Chiefs LT? I don't get your reasoning. Not disagreeing with the play..just don't understand the reasoning.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Palmer much better than Boller
    No play

If anything under

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

I guess a rusty well rested Carson Palmer is better than Boller.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Raiders -4 is easy money now

Palmer will carve up chiefs D

I see raiders winning by 14

Lo-CalDallasBuKe
    Lo-CalDallasBuKe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think raiders cover... they will run like crazy and not rely on palmers passim
    ng just yet. 24-13 oak.

Boltafied
    Boltafied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Raiders are desperate. What a idiotic move/trade that was!

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

A well-rested healthy Carson Palmer, even if a bit rusty, is still every bit as capable as anything Jason Campbell ever was or will be...

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14790

Should work out well. Remember when Vinny Testaverde was called up off the living room couch to start for the Carolina Panthers four days later. Won the game on the road - it can be done.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    So if Kyle Boller was starting this week you wouldn't take the +4 Chiefs LT? I don't get your reasoning. Not disagreeing with the play..just don't understand the reasoning.

This. Apparently LT is a dunce.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

I see a steady dose of Darren Mcfadden. No way they ask Palmer to win it through the air. I like the "Chefs" + the points. Hope they just stack the box.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I like KC regardless but got an extra half-point of line value (was +3.5 earlier). Palmer will be better eventually, but RIGHT NOW, not much difference between Boller and a rusty Palmer

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

They are going to run like all said here.

It should set up a good situation for Palmer, only needing to complete a few big plays at key times.

The team should be fired up, went from losing their current winning QB they got down abit, and now they have a new spark.

That said, if things dont go well early for Oakland, who knows what will happen with Palmer.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Palmer is a very accurate QB and that's all the Raiders need. With the speed of their receivers, if they have a QB that can get them the ball consistently, coupled with that running attack, the Raiders are going to cause nightmares for the opposition. Palmer has a very accurate deep ball but even on short or slant routes, their receivers are fast enough to break out for a TD by turning an 8 yard slant rout into a TD. Palmer improves everything for them. They are now a pretty complete football team, and they are going to be better at one of their weaknesses, the CB position, when Chris Johnson returns. Oakland now must be considered the favorite to win the AFC West. I expect them to go very deep in the playoffs and maybe even the Super Bowl in the Year Of Al.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Palmer is healthy and well rested. He has a career 63% accuracy rating. Put a healthy and accurate Palmer on Oakland and the rest of the NFL needs to worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    Raiders -4 is easy money now

Palmer will carve up chiefs D

I see raiders winning by 14
    All of Palmer's good stats were early in his career, injuries have sapped his arm strength, he was awful for the Bengals last year. Yes, he is STILL probably better than Boller, but that won't be apparent this week. This is also different than the Testaverde situation because Vinny resigned with the last team he had played for whereas Palmer needs to learn a brand new playbook. There are sure to be some miscommunications this week.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    This. Apparently LT is a dunce.
    I think I explained myself quite well.

LT Profits

Palmer is a very accurate QB and that's all the Raiders need. With the speed of their receivers, if they have a QB that can get them the ball consistently, coupled with that running attack, the Raiders are going to cause nightmares for the opposition. Palmer has a very accurate deep ball but even on short or slant routes, their receivers are fast enough to break out for a TD by turning an 8 yard slant rout into a TD. Palmer improves everything for them. They are now a pretty complete football team, and they are going to be better at one of their weaknesses, the CB position, when Chris Johnson returns. Oakland now must be considered the favorite to win the AFC West. I expect them to go very deep in the playoffs and maybe even the Super Bowl in the Year Of Al.
    This isn't 2004 any more, Palmer had trouble with passes beyond 25 yards last year. They were either inaccurate or had too much air under them, he's lost most of his arm strength.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

But yet no mention of how bad the chiefs actually are. I can see the reasoning here LT, but Carson wont have to do a whole lot vs the chiefs, they also have D Mac. D Mac will have a pretty good day and I dont see the Chiefs scoring a whole lot. +4 not bad but I see that line moving even higher.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think its pretty funny how everyone is looking at Palmer through rose-colored glasses. Guy who was in the bottom third of quarterbacks last year is suddenly the savior of the Raiders.

I'm with LT here. Guy really doesn't have much anymore and he'll struggle especially these first couple games.

Boltafied
    Boltafied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

They are now a pretty complete football team, and they are going to be better at one of their weaknesses, the CB position, when Chris Johnson returns.

Oakland now must be considered the favorite to win the AFC West. I expect them to go very deep in the playoffs and maybe even the Super Bowl in the Year Of Al.
    C'mon now....over a Palmer signing???

Uhhh, I think the Chargers will have some say about this "win the AFC West" statement. As for "the Super Bowl"....definitely a dream with THAT secondary.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    All of Palmer's good stats were early in his career, injuries have sapped his arm strength, he was awful for the Bengals last year. Yes, he is STILL probably better than Boller, but that won't be apparent this week. This is also different than the Testaverde situation because Vinny resigned with the last team he had played for whereas Palmer needs to learn a brand new playbook. There are sure to be some miscommunications this week.
    Do you want to make a wager that Palmer comes back and is as good or better than ever?

Imagine this......

1st & 10........dmac to the right for 6 yards

2nd & 4........dmac to the left for 5 yards

1st & 10........dmac up the middle for 4 yards

2nd & 6........palmer play action pass on a fake to dmac, drops back passes to heyward-bey for 63 yard gain.

LOL it's easy money for the Raiders now.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Kansas City is horrible. So a better QB is playing and NOW you'll back the Chiefs

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you want to make a wager that Palmer comes back and is as good or better than ever?

Imagine this......

1st & 10........dmac to the right for 6 yards

2nd & 4........dmac to the left for 5 yards

1st & 10........dmac up the middle for 4 yards

2nd & 6........palmer play action pass on a fake to dmac, drops back pass underthrown picked off and returned for a touchdown.

LOL it's easy money for the Raiders now.
    Fixed.
    Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave DrStale 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    But yet no mention of how bad the chiefs actually are. I can see the reasoning here LT, but Carson wont have to do a whole lot vs the chiefs, they also have D Mac. D Mac will have a pretty good day and I dont see the Chiefs scoring a whole lot. +4 not bad but I see that line moving even higher.
    The Chiefs did not play badly in their last three games (two wins, close loss at San Diego) and they have had two weeks to prepare for this. Also, Cassel is the healthiest he has been all year, so we may have a Dwayne Bowe sighting.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think I explained myself quite well.

Yes after I posted you did.

I thought you were saying that, with Boller playing, you wouldn't touch the game. but now with Palmer playing you'll be KC. You made it clear you liked them anyway, after I posted.

Palmer wasn't horrible last year, he wasn't anything to brag about either. Lot's of young talent on that team...hit them on 8-15 yard routes across the field, get them in space, let them run....

No bet for me...But not sold on those studs from KC either.

jess40
    jess40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Raiders -4

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Kansas City is horrible. So a better QB is playing and NOW you'll back the Chiefs
    I liked the Chiefs this week at the initial +3.5 before the trade, and Palmer will not be an obviously "better QB" than Boller this week (although he will be after he learns the system, but not as good as some here think).

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Boltafied View Post
    C'mon now....over a Palmer signing???

Uhhh, I think the Chargers will have some say about this "win the AFC West" statement. As for "the Super Bowl"....definitely a dream with THAT secondary.

C'mon man. this is talk from a typical chargers fanboy. The Raiders were the best team in that division LAST YEAR and they are way better this year.

How did you feel when the Raiders went down to San Diego last year and handed you your asses in your own stadium, then the chargers had to come up to oakland only for it to happen again?

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

call me crazy but I got a feeling Palmer goes off and better yet.. leads Oakland to the playoffs

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    call me crazy but I got a feeling Palmer goes off and better yet.. leads Oakland to the playoffs

U ain't crazy just realistic.

LT Profits

Yes after I posted you did.

I thought you were saying that, with Boller playing, you wouldn't touch the game. but now with Palmer playing you'll be KC. You made it clear you liked them anyway, after I posted.
    I know.

Palmer wasn't horrible last year, he wasn't anything to brag about either. Lot's of young talent on that team...hit them on 8-15 yard routes across the field, get them in space, let them run....

No bet for me...But not sold on those studs from KC either.
    Yes, and I see him excelling at this down the line since his best throws nowadays are of the 10-15 yard variety. But my main point is that he won't have his timing down with those receivers this week.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

There's obviously a difference between Boller and a rusty Carson Palmer. Come on guys, I understand that Palmers best days are behind him...but its Kyle Boller. His best days never came.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I liked the Chiefs this week at the initial +3.5 before the trade, and Palmer will not be an obviously "better QB" than Boller this week (although he will be after he learns the system, but not as good as some here think).

He doesn't need to learn the system because he already knows it from playing for Hue before.

Raiders might win by 30.

1234 ... Last