Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

They still have Darren McFadden. He'll take a lot of pressure off Carson while he gets acclimated to things.

WinningIsKeY
    WinningIsKeY's Avatar Become A Pro!

No reason to back KC here they are still in the dumps, McFadden is the anchor! Oak has shown they come to play regardless of their QB' Game in OAK is a HUGE factor , try some teasers with OAK if anything for security , GL all

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Line moved 0.5 because of him. Where it started basically....

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

LT: I jumped on Oak -3 as it opened, and will absolutely take the chiefs if it hits 4.5-5, I think 4 is great middling # in this game

Boltafied
    Boltafied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    C'mon man. this is talk from a typical chargers fanboy. The Raiders were the best team in that division LAST YEAR and they are way better this year. How did you feel when the Raiders went down to San Diego last year and handed you your asses in your own stadium, then the chargers had to come up to oakland only for it to happen again?
    The sun even shines on a dog's ass once and a while. Rivers (w/out Gates) will eat up that secondary THIS YEAR. We just had LT withdrawals last season, but OOOooOO is Mathews looking the part right now. Can't wait to wax that ass this year (twice).

Palmer...yeah right

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Palmer was horrendous last year.

All of Palmers stats were amassed in garbage time vs the soft coverages of uninterested defenses. Palmer was picked up , b/c of Hue Jacks past relationship with him.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

He doesn't need to learn the system because he already knows it from playing for Hue before.

Raiders might win by 30.
    do you not realize palmer is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league now? This isnt 2006 2007 when he was elite..never seen so much arrogance from a team that hasnt done anything in 8 years. Palmer is not who you think he is

op913chad
    op913chad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I hope Hali smashes him all game.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

i have seen some of palmer's workouts on tape, he is in good shape and the full back in the flats for 3 yds is sharp. if the raiders still had willie gault they would put him at qb and run the ball to the receivers.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Palmer doesn't have the shitty WR's he had last year with the Bengals. Look at Ochocinco..He is not good enough for Brady. And TO is out of the league. Now Palmer has young receivers and RB's who will catch the ball wherever he throughs it because they are too athletic. You can't compare last year's Bengals receivers to what he has now which is 10X better.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

QB doesnt make a difference. oakland will run the rock 40 times as usual. the few pass attempts carson does throw will be wide open play action passes

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Ya palmer doesn't seem t have it anymore ...this surprises me but it is the raiders

TroyGreen
    TroyGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Do you think the line will move any higher? I think everyone still thinks carson is elite so they'll pound oakland now
    It all depends on the spin of the National media IMO. I haven't watched the TV today but if NFL channel and ESPN are hyping it up I say yes.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Palmer doesn't have the shitty WR's he had last year with the Bengals. Look at Ochocinco..He is not good enough for Brady. And TO is out of the league. Now Palmer has young receivers and RB's who will catch the ball wherever he throughs it because they are too athletic. You can't compare last year's Bengals receivers to what he has now which is 10X better.
    Oaklands receivers this year are better than Cincinattis last year?

Whatever you have to tell yourself Pavy.

TroyGreen

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    QB doesnt make a difference. oakland will run the rock 40 times as usual. the few pass attempts carson does throw will be wide open play action passes
    The QB makes a huge difference. Palmer is going to have to be accurate down the field. Oakland is a legit run blocking team but can pressure can get thru on passing plays. Palmer has to get the ball out. Oakland will attempt the run the ball though. I know allot about Oakland and little about KC besides their record though at this point.

TroyGreen

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Oaklands receivers this year are better than Cincinattis last year?

Whatever you have to tell yourself Pavy.
    Oakland has 6 legit young receivers. The only knock is that they are not automatic with catching the ball as of yet like elite Wr corps. They have to be the fastest Wr crop in the league. Only one guy Hagan should run north of a 4.4-4.3.

TroyGreen

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    A well-rested healthy Carson Palmer, even if a bit rusty, is still every bit as capable as anything Jason Campbell ever was or will be...
    Compare their numbers the past two seasons or so. Palmer had higher TD's and picks (I think picks), the rest are close. Campbell played with a good red zone run team and didn't have to throw it in. Their records are also close. Only thing is Campbell has a winning record since he has been in Oakland.

Im not saying Campbell is better but I don't know what criteria we are judging better by.

Oakland was going to the playoffs with Campbell so since Palmer is light years better they're going to the Super Bowl?

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by TroyGreen View Post

Oakland has 6 legit young receivers. The only knock is that they are not automatic with catching the ball as of yet like elite Wr corps. They have to be the fastest Wr crop in the league. Only one guy Hagan should run north of a 4.4-4.3.
    They have track stars, not wide receivers. Athletic? Yes. Pass catchers, route runners, thinkers? No.

Palmer was below average when he was playing with veterans who knew the game, playing with these guys will be worse.

TroyGreen

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    They have track stars, not wide receivers. Athletic? Yes. Pass catchers, route runners, thinkers? No.

Palmer was below average when he was playing with veterans who knew the game, playing with these guys will be worse.
    They are improving as a unit. The vets of the unit are in their third season. I know what the original question was and never said Oakland was better. What I was trying to say is that Oakland has a very young and talented Wr corp. Oakland runs the ball well because the defenses have to respect Oaklands passing game also. Moore and DHB keep safeties out of the box with their 4.3 speed.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

He can't know enough of the playbook to do too much anyway.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Under appears the more attractive play than the side after reading this thread.

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Raiders roll here, Kansas City will not be able to stop the run......forget who is playing quarterback this week, its not like Campbell was lighting up the score board with his arm. Kansas city will not be able to keep up with the RAAAIDERRRS.

TroyGreen

Quote Originally Posted by raidersfan View Post
    Raiders roll here, Kansas City will not be able to stop the run......forget who is playing quarterback this week, its not like Campbell was lighting up the score board with his arm. Kansas city will not be able to keep up with the RAAAIDERRRS.
    Bro, this may be one of the first time in NFL history people are being told to forget who the Qb is. If that is the case then why not play Boller?

Im not saying you are wrong on your Raider roll part, may happen, may not. But do you know enough about Kc to say that Oakland will have their way with them running against 8-9 guys in the box. They are going to bring it to Palmer or Boller. If you were coaching and playing on KC wouldn't you? This is a throw the kitchen sink at em type of situation. KC has nothing to loose.

Im very interested to see how this develops over the week.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by raidersfan View Post
    "raidersfan" thinks the Raiders roll, quick, empty your account on it.

Once Palmer proves how ineffective he is the Chiefs can stack the box. If the Raiders can win it will be a one score game.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Just did a breakdown, and Carson Palmer made my Top 5 list of checkdown QB's.

1. Chad Pennington
    2. Alex Smith
    3. Mark Sanchez
    4. Chad Pennington
    5. Carson Palmer

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Palmer is a very accurate QB and that's all the Raiders need. With the speed of their receivers, if they have a QB that can get them the ball consistently, coupled with that running attack, the Raiders are going to cause nightmares for the opposition. Palmer has a very accurate deep ball but even on short or slant routes, their receivers are fast enough to break out for a TD by turning an 8 yard slant rout into a TD. Palmer improves everything for them. They are now a pretty complete football team, and they are going to be better at one of their weaknesses, the CB position, when Chris Johnson returns. Oakland now must be considered the favorite to win the AFC West. I expect them to go very deep in the playoffs and maybe even the Super Bowl in the Year Of Al.

yea..um.... not happening.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Boltafied View Post
    The sun even shines on a dog's ass once and a while. Rivers (w/out Gates) will eat up that secondary THIS YEAR. We just had LT withdrawals last season, but OOOooOO is Mathews looking the part right now. Can't wait to wax that ass this year (twice).

Palmer...yeah right

If the sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while then what does that make the chargers since they never won a super bowl?

As for the secondary, Chris Johnson will be back and you know you ain't getting nothing by Stanford Routt so don't even bother. You got your asses handed to you last year when Jason Campbell was the Raiders QB but you're gonna beat an improved Raiders team that has Carson Palmer?

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

let's see, Oakland pulls a disgruntled (quitter) guy off his couch, gives away the farm for the opportunity to do so, tosses him the playbook and tells him to learn it in 5 days because your starting this weekend against a division rival? Really? not only would I go against Oakland in this situation against a division rival, I would take any team in the NFL +4.5 points over the rusty couch potato that doesn't know the playbook, has no chemistry with his new teammates and let's not forget, very little prep time with his receivers to get timing etc down on his throws.

Coaching 101 says KC will stack the box to shut down McFadden and force Palmer to beat them through the air. I just don't see this miracle working out for the Raiders this week. Just to much for Palmer to learn in way to short a time frame.

Boltafied
    Boltafied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

If the sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while then what does that make the chargers since they never won a super bowl?
    Good one (Faider and Cowgirl fans always live through the past). Guess the sun never shines for the Chargers on that respect, but while we're living in the past...check it....

Chargers are 14 - 6 (12 - 8 ATS) against the Faiders since 2001

And prior to last years' losses, we simply OWNED the silver & black whoopin that ass 13 straight.

Don't worry, the Chargers will straighten things out in time for our yearly smackdown of the Faiders.

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

a rusty palmer is just as good as campbell ever was... have you guys not seen the type of turnovers campbell makes? throws to chung's chest in the end zone without a raider in sight and trips over his own foot and releasing the ball without anyone touching him.... palmer is an improvement over campbell no matter how rusty he is.

testertips

i always used to cringe whenever campbell released the ball. you never how it would end up.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by linedrivr View Post
    let's see, Oakland pulls a disgruntled (quitter) guy off his couch, gives away the farm for the opportunity to do so, tosses him the playbook and tells him to learn it in 5 days because your starting this weekend against a division rival? Really? not only would I go against Oakland in this situation against a division rival, I would take any team in the NFL +4.5 points over the rusty couch potato that doesn't know the playbook, has no chemistry with his new teammates and let's not forget, very little prep time with his receivers to get timing etc down on his throws.

Coaching 101 says KC will stack the box to shut down McFadden and force Palmer to beat them through the air. I just don't see this miracle working out for the Raiders this week. Just to much for Palmer to learn in way to short a time frame.
    Sharpest post in the thread right here.

testertips

haters guuuuuuuuna hate

make sure to put the farm on KC

testertips

please nfl do not send the san diego chokers to LA

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

He doesn't need to learn the system because he already knows it from playing for Hue before.

Raiders might win by 30.
    True that Hue coached him in his glory days. but Carson's skills aren't what they were then, the playbooks aren't 100% the same and he still needs to get his timing with new teammates. I also think a lot of people on this thread are overrating the Raiders in general, this is not a playoff caliber team and they will not beat out the Chargers for the division.

First 12345 ... Last