Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Carson Palmer=Dead Arm

What was Oakland thinking? Anyone that has watched football the past few years has noticed Carson Palmers dead arm. Dude can't throw deep anymore. Should've stuck with what they had or found someone else and drafted a QB with their first round pick.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Big mistake

Cincy so good now without him

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Going to be very interesting to see how the Raiders season turns out. Never really followed the Bengals or Palmer so was a little surprised to learn the guy is only 31, you would think he still had something left in the tank. Seriously though, what other options did the Raiders really have? I think the move allows them to finish with a decent record instead of just throwing in the towel.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is scared shit,,,cannot win playing like that

They are lucky they have McFadden who is a fukkin stud

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

carson palmer is worse than alex smith, if thats possible. worst trade in the history of the nfl

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

he will put up good numbers for raiders
    He is better than Campbell and Boller
    Cincy got better deal but still good for raiders

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jump on Oak now before the ATS goes up to 7 this is FREE $$$$$$$$$ .........

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

If the Raiders traded for Tom Brady it would be a failure because it's the Raiders. Palmer is having a pro bowl caliber season and has been prolific in recent years so I am almost positive this will turn out for the best.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    If the Raiders traded for Tom Brady it would be a failure because it's the Raiders. Palmer is having a pro bowl caliber season and has been prolific in recent years so I am almost positive this will turn out for the best.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was Palmer ever even that good in the NFL anyways? Overrated and now on the decline too.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Palmer did have a dead arm "last year"

who knows maybe the rest in the off-season and working out made his arm strong again. We shall see. If not Raiders have Pryor to fall back on.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13533

Quote Originally Posted by MatchbookSucks View Post
    Was Palmer ever even that good in the NFL anyways? Overrated and now on the decline too.
    IMHO yes. Declined after knee. I don't disagree with most but I pose the question how much Ocho may have aided his demise especially with the way he's being treated in NE?

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Completely agree with you, he's just a shell of his former self. Some clown on here yesterday said he was better than rivers

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

There is no dead arm in football. He is throwing a football and not a cannon ball.

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

This is typical Raiders though, isn't it? Even with Al Davis alive they've always loved to roll the dice and take chances (I'm not a fan of the team btw so I'm not saying it's a good trade they made). At the end of the day, they want to win now and Kyle Boller clearly isn't the answer for getting there. They overpaid for Palmer but one thing I thought to myself: Is Campbell now done in Oakland? He's just a benchwarmer now imho.

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Raiders don't need that much out of him.

Jason Campbell is worthless, so Palmer just has to be slightly better than him.

Boltafied
    Boltafied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    worst trade in the history of the nfl
    Maybe not the "history", but a stupid trade

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Its hard to judge on what Palmer will show up, I think you can just 'throw' last year stats out, because obviously Palmer was not in it to win it. He wanted out as fast as he can. Can you blame the dude?

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    There is no dead arm in football. He is throwing a football and not a cannon ball.

i saw him play live in person last year had good seats close to the field... one of the weaker arms i've seen. Absolutely nothing on his passes. But ya know that was a year ago. Maybe his arm feels better now.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    i saw him play live in person last year had good seats close to the field... one of the weaker arms i've seen. Absolutely nothing on his passes. But ya know that was a year ago. Maybe his arm feels better now.
    Weakest arms you ever seen? I think you are over-stating the issue, by a lot.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its pretty funny that all the oakland fans on here are going crazy with excitement, i feel like nobody has watched palmer since 2006

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by MatchbookSucks View Post
    He was a top 5 qb before the injury and the Bengals had one of the NFL's best offenses.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

They should have got McNabb.

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

haters guuuuuna hate

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by cockblocker View Post
    He was a top 5 qb before the injury BECAUSE the Bengals had one of the NFL's best offenses.

fixed.

letitride87
    letitride87's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not dead arm. MLB pitchers get dead arm. Carson palmer has a degenerative elbow problem that rendered him an average qb. Raiders are screwed and I can't believe they didn't see how weak his arm is because of that throwing elbow problem.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

He said in a news conference his arm is back to full strength after working it out and these 6 weeks have been hard on him not being able to play. Has been working out non stop too. TJ Housh has been working out with him and said he looks as good as he did before he went down in the playoffs against the Steelers. So we will see. Who knows...

GO BENGALS!!!!!