bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

is larry johnson worth a #1 pick overall ?

is larry johnson worthy of of a #1 pick in a fantsy football draft ?

i'm thinking he could very well be. with that KC offense i feel he could put up just as good of numbers as alexander can this year, if not better.

i think marvin lewis will let him run wild, just like he use to let curtis martin do.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    is larry johnson worthy of of a #1 pick in a fantsy football draft ?

i'm thinking he could very well be. with that KC offense i feel he could put up just as good of numbers as alexander can this year, if not better.

i think marvin lewis will let him run wild, just like he use to let curtis martin do.
    I think you mean Herm Edwards since he is the coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

The answer to your question is, "Without a doubt." Larry Johnson is a top 3 MVP candidate this season.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Not sure you would draft him if you have the first pick overall, but I can see him being a top 3 to 5 pick in every draft. So if you want him, and you have a top 5 pick, you better pick him up if he is there.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap
    I think you mean Herm Edwards since he is the coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.

The answer to your question is, "Without a doubt." Larry Johnson is a top 3 MVP candidate this season.
    yes you are correct isetcap in regards to the name.

i'm just starting to get into my football stuff so i'm still a little rusty.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

No, not by any stretch of the imagination. Yes, he put up great numbers down the stretch last season, but he was fresh and facing tired defenses. LT is far and away the #1 pick. He'll rush for about the same number of yards, score loads of TDs, of course. But the big difference is that he will catch 80+ balls.

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Hopefully Rivers has enough game to get LT the ball enough especially in the passing game. This is a toss up. Anyone can make arguments for both players. LT is playing with same team on O as before but he not gonna catch like LT USED to. And can LT be just as effective with a new UNEXPERIENCED QB?

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    No, not by any stretch of the imagination. Yes, he put up great numbers down the stretch last season, but he was fresh and facing tired defenses. LT is far and away the #1 pick. He'll rush for about the same number of yards, score loads of TDs, of course. But the big difference is that he will catch 80+ balls.
    i thought about LT, but without breese there playing QB. i'm just not sold on those types of numbers can be put up by him.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

i thought about LT, but without breese there playing QB. i'm just not sold on those types of numbers can be put up by him.
    Remember they still have Antonio Gates to worry about. So it should open up things still for LaDainian Tomlinson. Im sure Philip Rivers can still hit Tomlinson on the screen or in the flat where he can do his thing.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I'm not sure he is #1 overall but I gotta believe LJ is a Top 3 running back for sure.

E

bigboydan

who would your top 3 be Ebone ?

isetcap

The San Diego offense will not be the same one that was fielded last year. Rivers is going to struggle and defenses will be able to close in the field. This will dampen LT's numbers.

EBone

BBD,

Here is my list. I think there are 3 tiers to this list:

1st Tier
    1) L. Tomlinson SD
    2) C. Portis WASH
    3) L. Johnson KC
    4) S. Alexander SEA

2nd Tier
    5) W. McGahee BUF
    6) R. Johnson CINCY
    7) L. Jordan OAK
    8) J. Jones DAL

3rd Tier
    9) E. James ARZ
    10) S. Jackson STL
    11) R. Brown MIAMI
    12) C. Williams TB

I think after these 12, things get a little dicey at RB for all positions. I would have Jamal Lewis up there but after last year's dismal performance and with Mike Anderson now there, it is just too iffy to have him up there.

Certainly, this list is debatable. Some might think Thomas Jones is much better than some on this list. His past history just scares the livin' dickens out of me and, with Cedric Benson lurking, that's another reason not to have him in your Top 12.

Tear this apart if need be. I have heard this every year for the past 3 years but I'll say it to keep the tradition alive: "Ya know, I think Arizona could be pretty good."

I'm sure in December it'll be the same ol' Cardinals but, even though I think Denny Green has been questionable with some of his in-game coaching moves in the past, I think he knows how to build a winner. Getting Edge was a helluva move.

E

bigboydan

who would you take if you had the 1st overall pick isetcap ?

bigboydan

you would take Portis over Johnson ?

i'm just not sold on that washington offense at all bud. even though Gibbs will give him the ball almost all the time, i don't think the skins will be a real good red zone type team this year because due to there QB situation.

EBone

Certainly, my list depends upon how good you think teams are going to be. Personally, I like the Redskins a whole bunch so that is why I have Portis up there.

If you think the Skins are going to be good, Portis has to be, at the very least, a top 5 RB. Just an opinion.

E

isetcap

who would you take if you had the 1st overall pick isetcap ?
    I would sleep just fine at night if I had Larry Johnson.

bigboydan

i'm not liking what i heard tonight. herm edwards just said that he was considering slowing down the chiefs offense to give there defense a little more rest this year.

if thats really the case where do you draft johnson ?

isetcap

That means they run Johnson even more. Herm Edwards slowing the offense down is a given. We didn't need to hear him say it to know that would be the case.

bigboydan

exactly my point isetcap!

this guy is definately worth a "1st pick overall" pick in fantasy football this year.

jesterson
    jesterson's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only way LJ can even be considered the #1 pick is if Willie Roaf comes back. Otherwise, it's LT, hands down.