crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    @crustyme

you're delusional..Palmer is not even a top 10 qb, probably not even a top 15 qb..How many Qbs do you consider elite?

if you were the gm who would you rather have?

tavaris jackson
    kyle orton
    mcnabb
    chad henne
    matt moore
    hasselbeck
    collins
    grossman
    cassel
    mccoy
    alex smith
    painter
    kolb
    gabbert
    (all who started at qb this season)

or

palmer?

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Two #1's is too steep a price to pay.

But at the right price, Palmer is certainly an upgrade over both Boller & Pryor.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

You must be a Raider fan trying to rationalize the trade lol. I'd rather have Orton and trade a 5th or 6th rounder for him and keep my 2 1st rounders. You listed about 15 Qbs there, all are bottom feeders besides Hasselbeck and one or 2 others. These are the only guys in the NFL that Palmer MIGHT be better than. How about every starting QB that you didn't mention? You prove my point that Palmer is a top 15 QB at best. Raiders just mortgaged their future for a overpriced, overrated, over the hill scrub.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    @Crustyme

All of Palmers passing #'s were accumulated in garbage time last year. They would be down by numerous TD's, and Palmer racked up yards on soft coverage vs uninterested defenses. He is done, and the Raiders overpayed, for an underperformer.
    you could say the same about phillip rivers and matt schaub last season.

this is a great move by the raiders. they have a great shot at making the playoffs for the first time in 8 years. and they wont do it with orton, boller or pryor.

not to mention no team has drafted more 1st rd busts than the raiders the past 5 seasons. so no guarantee they get anyone good next draft or two.

maybe ur just worried the raides will take the texans playoff spot.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

You must be a Raider fan trying to rationalize the trade lol. I'd rather have Orton and trade a 5th or 6th rounder for him and keep my 2 1st rounders. You listed about 15 Qbs there, all are bottom feeders besides Hasselbeck and one or 2 others. These are the only guys in the NFL that Palmer MIGHT be better than. How about every starting QB that you didn't mention? You prove my point that Palmer is a top 15 QB at best. Raiders just mortgaged their future for a overpriced, overrated, over the hill scrub.
    orton? a guy who just lost his job to a guy with a weird hitch who cant even throw the ball more than 5 yds down field?

you lost any credibility you had with that comment.

Gio21
    Gio21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Breaking news: Palmer officially a raider

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    you could say the same about phillip rivers and matt schaub last season.

this is a great move by the raiders. they have a great shot at making the playoffs for the first time in 8 years. and they wont do it with orton, boller or pryor.

not to mention no team has drafted more 1st rd busts than the raiders the past 5 seasons. so no guarantee they get anyone good next draft or two.

maybe ur just worried the raides will take the texans playoff spot.

comparing Rivers to palmer? You just lost all credibility there.

Tilt360
    Tilt360's Avatar Become A Pro!

IF the Raider get into the playoff is worth it, if they don't make it is a bust. Can't blame them for not trying

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    orton? a guy who just lost his job to a guy with a weird hitch who cant even throw the ball more than 5 yds down field?

you lost any credibility you had with that comment.
    I'd rather have Orton and the 2 1st rounders in my pocket. Campbell was nothing special as a QB, he just didn't **** things up with the Raiders running game. Orton has shown he can be a decent game manager QB on a good team. Would I want Orton as starting QB on my team? NO..Do I think Palmer is leaps and bounds better than Orton? NO...Bye bye 2 1st round picks

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

I'd rather have Orton and the 2 1st rounders in my pocket. Campbell was nothing special as a QB, he just didn't **** things up with the Raiders running game. Orton has shown he can be a decent game manager QB on a good team. Would I want Orton as starting QB on my team? NO..Do I think Palmer is leaps and bounds better than Orton? NO...Bye bye 2 1st round picks

JAKEPEAVY21

For the record, Orton passed for 3800 and 3650 yards the past 2 seasons..He must be very close to an elite QB based on your rationale

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

I agree. Terrible trade for Oakland. It'll take him several weeks just to be ready, and now they stuck with him for three more seasons for $38 million.

For one year, worth a shot for a low pick. Not this way. Bengals come out ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by nomar122977 View Post
    palmer sucks no way hes worth 2 first rd picks. thats the raiders for you. al davis isnt dead after all

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Raiders are Super Bowl bound in the Year Of Al.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

they should give pryor a shot and see what he can do

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bengals with the RAPE. That organization might finally be getting it right. Dalton. AJ Green. Now flip this pick into another solid WR or stud RB and you've got an offense for years to come.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Bengals with the RAPE. That organization might finally be getting it right. Dalton. AJ Green. Now flip this pick into another solid WR or stud RB and you've got an offense for years to come.
    Bengals with a very bright future now as you said. They have a few pieces and now they will have a few more in the next couple of years.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Mike Brown not such an idiot in the end.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

that was a desperation move. they want the playoffs this year. will he play this weekend?

Ray Polacco
    Ray Polacco's Avatar Become A Pro!

west coast top dog

Deal in the works will be final in late nov/dec 2011...for palmer..
    raiders will become top dog in the west coast.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

al davis making decisions from the grave, again

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Proof that Al Davis is still alive.

What an awful deal for Oakland.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Maybe he included a clause in his will that demanded that they make a trade like this as a tribute after he died.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    A first rounder are you kidding me, why would Oakland be so stupid? Seriously we only gave kolb a 2nd rounder. Just go after a less known QB- back up QB.
    Kolb

Adm. Cowpollock
    Adm. Cowpollock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting take on Yahoo Sports. What are the odds of the Raiders going 1-15 in 2015?

"The deal makes Oakland's 2012 draft very interesting — not only did they give up their 2012 third-rounder when they selected Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor(notes) in the 2011 supplemental draft, but they will also have traded away their first-round, second-round, fourth-round, and seventh-round picks for 2012 in various other deals. The second-rounder left in a draft weekend trade with the New England Patriots, the fourth-rounder was for Jason Campbell(notes), and the seventh-rounder was for former Seattle Seahawks linebacker Aaron Curry(notes). Add in the third-rounder sacrificed for Pryor, and the Raiders might as well go fishing next April.
    Of course, that's not entirely true -- they'll get compensatory picks for losing veterans like Nnamdi Asomugha(notes), Zach Miller, and Robert Gallery(notes) -- but it's obvious that the 4-2 Raiders, who are currently in second place behind the San Diego Chargers in the AFC West, are going all out to win in a 2011 season that has been marked by the loss of Al Davis."

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

hope carson comes through... 1st rounder is a lot for him but i don't think the deal happens for anything less. i actually feel okay about this move.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by loopydude11 View Post
    that was a desperation move. they want the playoffs this year. will he play this weekend?
    is he even in shape? Lol this is the worst trade ive ever seen, palmer is not worth a 3rd rounder let alone 2 first round picks. Guy is not good anymore. They could of got donovan for a 7th rounder and would put up similar numbers

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cincy better than ever without Palmer as he he was the weak link

Bad move raiders

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

where are you reading 2 first round picks for palmer? i'm only seeing 1 first.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Quote Originally Posted by testertips View Post
    where are you reading 2 first round picks for palmer? i'm only seeing 1 first.
    You didn't look hard, it is on ESPN and everywhere.

Oakland and Cincinnati are on the verge of completing one of the NFL's biggest trade-deadline deals in decades, with the Raiders acquiring holdout quarterback Carson Palmer from the Bengals in exchange for two first-round picks, according to sources familiar with the deal.

The first first-round pick is in 2012 and the other is a conditional first-round pick in 2013. Palmer was in the Bay Area on Tuesday morning getting a physical before the deal could be completed.

This is a horrible deal for the Raiders.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Costly move, but I like the deal for the Raiders.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin Station View Post
    Costly move, but I like the deal for the Raiders.
    2 1st Round picks for a guy who threw 20 picks last year, and has a big contract? Yeah, you gotta love that move.

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    You didn't look hard, it is on ESPN and everywhere.

Oakland and Cincinnati are on the verge of completing one of the NFL's biggest trade-deadline deals in decades, with the Raiders acquiring holdout quarterback Carson Palmer from the Bengals in exchange for two first-round picks, according to sources familiar with the deal.

The first first-round pick is in 2012 and the other is a conditional first-round pick in 2013. Palmer was in the Bay Area on Tuesday morning getting a physical before the deal could be completed.

This is a horrible deal for the Raiders.
    why is it horrible? Given the set of circumstances I think the organization had no other alternative. The Raiders can not afford to lose momentum now, they are 4-2 and the schedule looks good until we play green bay and detroit.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by raidersfan View Post
    why is it horrible? Given the set of circumstances I think the organization had no other alternative. The Raiders can not afford to lose momentum now, they are 4-2 and the schedule looks good until we play green bay and detroit.
    They already have lost/traded most of their draft picks for next year, now they don't have a 1st in 2012 and 2013.

Unless you think Carson Palmer is an elite QB, then this deal is horrible. It is going to take Palmer at least a few weeks before he is ready to jump in and play well.

I guess given the Raiders great track record though that we should expect this to end well. LOL

I bet the Eagles would have taken a 3rd for Vince Young.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by raidersfan View Post
    its a good move for the old palmer, did you wstch him last year? He was just atrocious. All of his yardage was garbage time

First 12345 ... Last