tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cowboys need to move rob

To head coach asap! Garret needs to go his play calling sucks balls. Teams will be coming for rob this off season and his a$$ kicking mental attuited is what this team needs. Cowboys need to get back to being feared.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Gotta convert turnovers into TD's.

Nobody can beat the Pats, by kicking FG's. Ugh.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Being a die hard Cowboys fan which is embarrasing to admit now a days i couldn't agree more. With all the talent on the offensive side this teams play calling is a joke especially in the red zone. That shovel pass great call there ha. Then trying to run the clock out with just under 4 minutes to go brillant Garrett!!!

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not a dallas fan but why the fuk dont they go to dez more? Guy is literally unstoppable.

MichaelWaters
    MichaelWaters's Avatar Become A Pro!

garrett proved that is is a sub-average coach today and i love it

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

Rob Ryan isn't even a good defensive coordinator...the only teams he has been successful against in his coaching career are the ones that he can get his brother to help him out in game planning against. The Ryan name and scheme is the only reason he keeps getting jobs

2004-2008 Oakland Raiders Defensive Coordinator 2004 ranked 31 out of 32 in scoring defense. 2005 ranked 25th. 2006 ranked 18th. 2007 ranked 26th. 2008 ranked 24th. Pass/run defense rankings 2004: 30th/22nd 2005: 18th / 25th 2006: 1st/25th 2007: 8th/31st 2008: 10th/31st.
    2009-present Cleveland Browns Defensive Coordinator 2009: 21st scoring defense, 29th pass defense, 28th rush defense. 2010: 13th scoring defense, 18th pass defense, 27th rush defense.

Back before the team gave up on him, Phillips had this defense playing just as good if not better than they have this year.

Preston09
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Preston09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I say give him a try cause Jason Garrett was and still is a mediocre coach!

beerman2619

Phillips had the Cowboys defense playing just as good as they are this season last year. WTF Cowboy team did you watch Gonz. Cowboys defense under Phillips was one of the if not worse in the league last season with same players. They just held New England under 30. First time New England has been held under 30 in 13 straight games. Do some people just post bull$hit on here for fun?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Yeah there are a few sub average coaches in the NFL. Two of them took over as interim head coaches last year, and then were named full time head coaches. I'mt talking about Jason Garrett and Leslie Frazier. Both guys are sub-par head coaches.

The redzone play calling was pathetic by Garrett. Romo arguably has the best weapons on offense. To call a shovel pass on 3rd and goal is inexcusable. You have some of the best targets, why not throw some fade routes to the back pylon, or utilize Witten's big body.

My other main argument was when the Cowboys were up by 3, and they got the ball back with about 3 mins to go. Rather than actually trying to drive down field, they settled with just running the ball, running some clock off, and then punting. Did Garrett seriously think that he could keep Brady from not getting to the 30 yard line (where he needed to get to kick a FG). Like c'mon man. Who cares about 30 or 40 seconds of run off, you need to get some first downs. Have some faith in your QB. You have an elite offense and your going up against one of the worst pass defenses. Pathetic coaching by Jason Garrett.

beerman2619

Great post Speedy

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Everybody was bitching that he called passes when Romo was throwing pick 6s and now they gripe because he keeps it on the ground. However, I bet if he had it to do over again he'd throw it again too. Crazy.

beerman2619

Just makes no sense though if you think about it. I mean Cowboy fans like myself have a right to complain about Garrett right now. Made no sense up 24 to keep throwing the ball. Just a totally different situation today i think. There was still almost 4 minutes left Pats had everyone in the box for the run and you still run the ball right into that? Pats have one of the worse passing defenses in the NFL also. Hard to run against Vince Wilfork and company especially with your starter out with a injury. They quit playing for the win in my book. Maybe Garrett doesn't have any confidence in Romo i don't know. But his play calling in the red zone today was a joke also.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I feel your pain beerman, been a Cowboys fan since the Randy White, Roger Staubach, Too Tall Jones days.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: beerman2619

beerman2619

Thanks Seer i don't know i do seem to complain alot about the Cowboys. Just pissed off like you been a Cowboy fan since the 70's. Just so disappointed in this team maybe its not Garrett's fault i don't know anymore ha. Seems like the only consistent player on this team is that rookie kicker thats not good. Offensive line really hasn't played that well course alot of youth on the line. Think the Defense has played way better then last year under Rob Ryan instead of Phillips. Miles Austin had some huge drops today. Romo played decent didn't really lose the game. But the play calling just makes no sense to me most of the time with Garrett. I don't know thanks all for letting me vent i'll stop whinning now time for another drink . Being a Cowboy fan anymore leads me to buying plenty of beer and gallons of vodka.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

garrett should be fired for calling that shovel pass on 3rd and goal.

wtf was that shit?

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

If we ran the ball worth a crap I could see it but our best rb is miller and he's 4th string

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

As long as Jerry Jones is Owner, President, and GM I cannot have any confidence in this team.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Gotta convert turnovers into TD's.

Nobody can beat the Pats, by kicking FG's. Ugh.

My thoughts exactly....they had such a chance!

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Murray looked decent, but our running game is still pathetic ! Everybody is quick to say that after had no faith in Romo, but I don't think he had alot o faith in our recievers. Dez Bryant is lazy, and he disappears late in games, except that one catch bs the skins ... How many 2nd half catches does this guy have? he also half asses his slants and cuts. The play where. Revis picked it off, he never turned around, the first INT bs NE he half ass jogged his route and didn't even attempt to go for the ball, there was another one that hit the grass because Dez made on of the worst cuts I have seen this season. As for Miles Austin ... Two big drops, one was a def first down and would have put us in atleast FG range. The Runningbacks were having a hard time catching the dump offs, one was pretty low, but still catchable. The Oline didn't help their case with the holding either. I would not say they have an elite offense. Their secondary is weak and relies heavily on the pass rush to create pressure. Ware is having a great season and Sean Lee is looking very promising. Hopefully they pull it together before the playoffs. They have an easy stretch coming up and need to capitalize.

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

It really sucks...we had them too.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Phillips had the Cowboys defense playing just as good as they are this season last year. WTF Cowboy team did you watch Gonz. Cowboys defense under Phillips was one of the if not worse in the league last season with same players. They just held New England under 30. First time New England has been held under 30 in 13 straight games. Do some people just post bull$hit on here for fun?
    I said before they gave up on him...meaning prior to last season. (2009 and before) They were a more complete defense and were loaded with depth. They have no depth or secondary on defense anymore. It's front 7 or bust with this defense.
    Last edited by Gonz312; 10-18-11 at 12:19 AM.