priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

To all the Bears/Jay Cutler haters

Name 5 teams in the NFL that would be better than 3-3 with these 3 games on their schedule through the first 6

At Saints
    Vs Packers
    At Lions

There really aren't many. Bears have had the hardest schedule in the NFL to this point, and yeah, they aren't great, I predicted 9-7 preseason and I'll probably stick with 9-7.

But I've seen some say they are 'overrated' and that is just ridiculous. The Bears were only a 3 point favorite at home vs 1-4 Minnesota. They are underrated frankly because they are rated poorly and they qualify as somewhere between above average and good.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

And he fumbles 6 minutes after the post.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4591

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post

jtorre28
    jtorre28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

bears are underrated

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I agree that they are a bit underrated. But they really have no shot at the playoffs with the division they play in.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

The Bears are underrated clearly by the line tonight and what they're doing right now.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    He has still played a very solid game tonight.

When Cutler gets protection from his O-line, he plays very well.

Until Angelo shores up the O-line and gives him a play maker at WR, as a Bears fan, I won't blame Cutler. He is doing it with a very mediocre offense around him, and the only reason it qualifies as mediocre is because Forte is very good.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post

Until Angelo shores up the O-line and gives him a play maker at WR, as a Bears fan, I won't blame Cutler. He is doing it with a very mediocre offense around him, and the only reason it qualifies as mediocre is because Forte is very good.
    They did shore up the line some, but not with a lot of depth. They used their first pick on Carimi and he looks like he'll be a good one, but he got hurt in the first quarter of the 2nd game which really messed with their continuity. And then the backup they signed in the offseason, Chris Spencer, got hurt the same game. They went back to last year's disaster, Frank Omiyale, and predictably it was a disaster. Remember the line looked quite good in the first game, which was the only game the expected starters all played together. Carimi still a couple weeks off, but at least they benched Omiyale for good.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Actually the Cowboys have the toughest schedule, then Jets. Bears are #4.

Long way to go to say who's overrated completely.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

What QB doesn't?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Gould is 13/13 this season. Not likely, but has any kicker ever had a perfect season?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Gould is 13/13 this season. Not likely, but has any kicker ever had a perfect season?
    Gary Anderson 35/35 in 1998

I think one more kicker did it, not sure who.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Not sure. But I remember Anderson for the Vikings going perfect in the regular season only to miss a FG in the NFC Championship...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cutler is so erratic and gets tight vs good teams

Minny is one of worst teams in the NFL so hard to Judge

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    What QB doesn't?

Lots of QBs... Mcnabb got good protection tonight.

priskilla22

They did shore up the line some, but not with a lot of depth. They used their first pick on Carimi and he looks like he'll be a good one, but he got hurt in the first quarter of the 2nd game which really messed with their continuity. And then the backup they signed in the offseason, Chris Spencer, got hurt the same game. They went back to last year's disaster, Frank Omiyale, and predictably it was a disaster. Remember the line looked quite good in the first game, which was the only game the expected starters all played together. Carimi still a couple weeks off, but at least they benched Omiyale for good.
    The Bears got better as the season went on last year, so I still have slight hope they can sneak into a wild card spot.

cblackgold
    cblackgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

Bears are a decent team. If they made the playoffs they would pry get killed. They can however stand a damn good chance if jay is protected, like we saw tonight vs the vikings.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

The Bears got better as the season went on last year, so I still have slight hope they can sneak into a wild card spot.
    It's gonna be tough. It'll take 10 wins (7-3 to close) at a bare minimum, possibly 11. Another must win next weekend against Tampa.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

they fluked to 11 wins last year off a joke schedule and multiple lucky wins (Lions, Packers), so little room to bitch here

And it isn't getting much easier

Bears are going 7-9/8-8. Just deal with it

vinny89121
    vinny89121's Avatar Become A Pro!

martz is gonna get this offense rolling and they're gonna make another run like last year. same shyt happened last year. offensive line sucked last year midway thru the year then they made a run

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cutler is a class above Stafford that is for sure.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

not a chance the bears win 10 games this season

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    they fluked to 11 wins last year off a joke schedule and multiple lucky wins (Lions, Packers), so little room to bitch here

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

If they can get to 5-3 they have a shot at the wild card. I think the lions will falter back and give the bears a shot, but they have to start beating good teams obviously.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

He came through tonight

priskilla22

Just something to consider...

The Bears lost 2 games last year, one of them was on a missed TD call on a Jay Cutler QB sneak where he crossed the goal line and then fumbled, and the officials missed it, and that play cost them the game, and then another on a called back Hester TD that was for holding and nobody held on the play and they lost because of it.

So they may have 'got lucky' to win a couple, but they lost a couple the same way, so it evens out.

priskilla22

And I assume you are calling the win against the Packers last year lucky b/c the Packers were called for a boat load of penalties... but considering they were holding Peppers and Idonije every single snap, they were actually fortunate to not be called for double the penalties.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

And I assume you are calling the win against the Packers last year lucky b/c the Packers were called for a boat load of penalties... but considering they were holding Peppers and Idonije every single snap, they were actually fortunate to not be called for double the penalties.
    Such a load of crap. Isn't it ironic or weird that, that Bear game last year was the only game ALL YEAR where the Packers were flagged that much? I'm not saying games are fixed, but it was a Monday night and Cutler was picked off 3 times and all were called back because of defensive penalties in that game. When you look at the body of work or games that the Packers played last year, they were a very disciplined team as far as penalties go EXCEPT for that one Bear game. Fishy as fuk if you ask me, and the only chance the Bears ever have of beating the Packers
    is to have the zebras in their back pocket.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Such a load of crap. Isn't it ironic or weird that, that Bear game last year was the only game ALL YEAR where the Packers were flagged that much? I'm not saying games are fixed, but it was a Monday night and Cutler was picked off 3 times and all were called back because of defensive penalties in that game. When you look at the body of work or games that the Packers played last year, they were a very disciplined team as far as penalties go EXCEPT for that one Bear game. Fishy as fuk if you ask me, and the only chance the Bears ever have of beating the Packers

LOL, you are a moron. I remember that game clearly, and every single penalty flagged was BLATANT.

On 2 of the interceptions, the WR was tackled as the ball was in the air.

And Peppers was getting mugged... the Packers' O-line was throwing 2 guys at him, one grabbed one arm, another grabbed the other arm, and then they pulled. They were lucky there was only 18 penalties called.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    By the way, the Bears almost beat the Packers in the last reg. season game last year despite the Bears not trying and even with the officials cheating for the Pack to get them in the playoffs.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

By the way, the Bears almost beat the Packers in the last reg. season game last year despite the Bears not trying and even with the officials cheating for the Pack to get them in the playoffs.
    yea, the champs barely made it in ..............
    goes to show that anything is possible when u get into the playoffs

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    yea, the champs barely made it in ..............
    goes to show that anything is possible when u get into the playoffs

IT was the Bears own fault for not smashing the Packers down in that last game.

The Bears called like 4 offensive plays over and over and over again, it was a very bland offense, and that is why the Packers won.

Of course, it is a non issue, b/c if David Friggin Akers could hit a chip shot field goal, the Pukers are gone in round 1.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

CHI beats MIN and all of the sudden the league should take notice?

This is going to be a long season of cheerleading and excuses.

Beat a real team then make a post like this

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    CHI beats MIN and all of the sudden the league should take notice?

This is going to be a long season of cheerleading and excuses.

Beat a real team then make a post like this
    3 close losses for the vikings against probably NFL playoff teams... this is the first time the Vikings were destroyed.

Bears lost at Saints, but who wouldn't have? It was the Saints' home opener and they were 0-1. They lost at Lions in the first MNF game there in years.

The Bears are very undervalued. I'm glad though, I'll probably get them at a PK next week in London.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

this clown's also a lifelong loser from chicago .... just like kerrywoodwins20.

12 Last