sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Green Bay -14. What's the catch?

I live in St. Louis, proudly wear a Sam Bradford jersey on game days, and hate betting against my beloved Rams. But let me tell ya, the Rams suck. The whole town knows it. There has never been a bigger mismatch in the NFL in my life. The Rams offense is as bad as it gets, whereas Green Bay is virtually unstoppable. Let's say the Rams muster 10 points, are you telling me Green Bay will score less than 24? This is my biggest bet of the year. Though I'm probably jinxing it by posting this.

Green Bay 38
    Baby Sheep 7

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

Green Bay Team Total 31 seems a lock too. should cover that at halftime

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpete57@ View Post
    Green Bay Team Total 31 seems a lock too. should cover that at halftime
    Rams my pound the ball with Jackson and take time off... keep the ball away from Rodgers like teams trying their best to keep Peyton off the field. Packers may play down a bit and work on their own run game?

Who knows... maybe not 31pts by halftime but winning the game by 14 seems certain and 31 for the game as well.

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

i agree 1 million percent,lol..i mean and the line going down..who on earth wants to bet on the rams with that secondary against rodgers..he might throw for 500 yds in this one..id bet everything i had if i had more balls lol..but i think they score 45 to about 13 or so...such a mismatch

LovetoSpooge
    LovetoSpooge's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't really make sense of it Ive hit it pretty hard across a number of different forms but I just get a strange feeling there will be alot of whinging on these boards tomorrow when everyone gets moosed. Kinda reminds me of the titans/colts game last year that was an absolute lock and ended with the titans going up the whole field in 30 seconds when they hadnt done that all day for the back door cover.

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

packers r just on another planet right now...everyone thought they were going to have a letdown game b4 the ATL rematch but they did just the opposite and scored 49..im not going to overthink it ill lay 14 any day with aaron rodgers against a AAA secondary..if i lose i lose but i like it

Diesel79
    Diesel79's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14862

I kind of like what Bill Simmons said about this game..

"PACKERS (-15) over Rams
    The Reason: Sorry, Vegas, you couldn't make this line high enough for me. Think of it this way: The Packers are probably headed for 14-2. The Rams are probably headed for 2-14. In Week 6 in 2009, the (soon-to-be 14-2) Colts whupped the (soon-to-be 1-15) Rams, 42-6. In Week 7 in 2007, the (soon-to-be 16-0) Patriots beat the (soon-to-be 1-15) Dolphins, 49-28. In Week 1 of 2006, the (soon-to-be 14-2) Chargers blanked the (soon-to-be 2-14) Raiders, 27-0. In Week 7 of 2005, the (soon-to-be 14-2) Colts beat the (soon-to-be 2-14) Texans, 38-20. See where I'm going here?"

I usually dont bet lines that high but this one looks like a no-brainer

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

5 of top 7 Rams corner backs are OUT including #1 Bartell, # 2 Fletcher, # 3 Murphy... so # 4 Justin King and # 5 ancient 36 yo Al Harris with blown out knee will start. Rams signed an unknown guy off it's taxi squad and a free agent with 8 yrs in NFL who must not be much. Also, starting safety Dahl is slow, very poor in coverage, the other safety Mikel is good.
    Who is going to cover all of those super star GB WR's?
    And they haven't been getting sacks.
    Rams coming off bye, that helps, and RB Jackson says he is finally 100% thought he is a step slower these days, they might play small ball and try run and keep DB's from being exposed, keep the score down and somehow cover.
    New OC McDaniels is a disaster, everyone is confused, he is a poor leader as demonstrated in Denver. Rams have better offensive personell this yr but are doing much worse with McDaniels! OL added key RG and young high draft choice tackles have another yr of experience, but they cannot pass block, Bradford is getting hammered. Like Cutler, only it is the scheme, the OL are high draft choices and high paid free agents. And they signed Sims-Walker and drafted WR's 2-3-4 but none of them are consistent. Signed Cadillac Williams and Norwood as backup RB's, huge upgrades from last yr.
    It's OC Josh McDaniels, he has them all screwed up, new scheme, poor implementation, poor leader.
    GB is 5-0 coming of TV win against Falcons, and are not too worried about Rams. Might be a letdown.
    Also, GB LT and RT were hurt, not sure of status, if so, they will be careful with Rogers.
    If GB was healthy and coming off a loss, it would be 58-9. Really.
    SO, if the tackles are healthy, and it is NOT windy, I suggest a parlay, GB & over, when the hitting starts and they DO get fired up they will still blow the Rams out of Lambeau, 44-17. Tempting to take SL & under if tackles are out and its windy, but I would stay away.
    Last edited by Serbone; 10-16-11 at 04:57 AM.

gtboy
    gtboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

just be careful guys with GB here. a little thing call let down. GB might come out flat and just win in the 4th Q. I am teasing gb -5. gl

late4thegame
    late4thegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Listen, I'm no expert here; don't claim to be. But how can you bet St Louis based upon a potential "letdown" game versus stats that suggest the Packers will roll in this one? I guess that's why this is called "gambling", right?

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gtboy View Post
    just be careful guys with GB here. a little thing call let down. GB might come out flat and just win in the 4th Q. I am teasing gb -5. gl
    I happens a lot, at this point of the schedule, teams this time of year that are 5-0 know they need to just win 5 of next 11 to get into playoffs.
    SO, laying 15 points is ?????????.
    May not be fired up enough to cover. But with the CB situation, I still lean to GB to cover. Indy was an exception recently when they were hot, they just kept covering, and I compare GB to Indy, top QB, sacking "D".
    If GB had lost a squeaker to Atl, GB would win by 40 today.

nomar122977
    nomar122977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4376

this is a no brainer. gb 38- rams 10, never a close game

UpsetSpecial09
    UpsetSpecial09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Beware of Double Digit Favorites....GB will win there is no question about that but 15 points is a lot and you might see many people here lose on a back door cover, garbage time TD, etc. GB cares about winning this game, they could care less about the spread. I wouldn't touch STL+15, but I also wouldn't touch GB -15 either....this game should only be used in a teaser or $line parlay. Not saying GB won't cover the spread but crazy things happen all the time with huge spreads like this.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

got it down to -6.5 in a teaser...I agree GB is on another level, but every time I lay a 3 score point spread I get burned so I'll take my odds in a teaser play...BOL everyone

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

lol at backdoor. the backdoor td will be when it's 35-10 and rams make it 35-17
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: AL1322

rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

if it wasnt for this thread i honestly would have never layed that # on greenbay. I admit, i barely know football... Gotta get my football knowledge lol. Only know baseball and basketball. LETS GO GIANTS 16-0 BABY

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

so far so good

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Quote Originally Posted by rnunez91 View Post
    if it wasnt for this thread i honestly would have never layed that # on greenbay. I admit, i barely know football... Gotta get my football knowledge lol. Only know baseball and basketball. LETS GO GIANTS 16-0 BABY
    Green Bay is the Packers. LOL

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

CHa-ching. Moral victory for the baby sheep holding the Pack to 24 points.