Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

SportsCenter ultimate depth chart

Have you guys been following this? They were ranking the teams that will make the playoffs this year and had just about every team from last year returning to the playoffs. Don't they know about the parody in the league? I'm sure half the teams that made it last year will not be back this year.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Last year:
    AFC: Colts, Broncos, Bengals, Steelers, Jags, Patriots.
    NFC: Seahawks, Bears, Giants, Redskins, Panthers, Bucs.

Hard to argue against Colts, Broncos, Patriots, Steelers returning this year. But, seeing Bengals & Jags miss wouldn't suprise me.

In the NFC, I've got the Giants and Bears missing the playoffs. Bucs & Panthers could go either way. If you ask imgv, the Seahawks will miss the playoffs this year!

I can kinda see their point, though. It's tough to make a point for some of the non-playoff teams from last year to do much this year. I think Miami/KC might make a push, but who else? Chargers with Rivers could be dismal. Ravens could be decent, otherwise, a lot of mediocrity. In the NFC, Dallas looks to be playoff-bound, but who else? Arizona? Atlanta? My sleeper pick this year is Detroit, but anyone could take the NFC North.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

None of those dolts know anything about football, even if they all played it.
    It's clear they don't really watch football anymore and play into the hype. They are all so far removed from the game and the things they say are so vanilla and "whatever anyone else is saying" (as in, pundits), it's a waste of time.

ESPN's football people flat out stink. Even for news, they're terrible. NFL Network far and away beats them in just about every category except personality.

Those depth charts, also, were pretty bad - I thought the fans did a MUCH better job picking the rankings.

It's too early to start picking teams for the playoffs, etc. When camps get going and players get hurt - or cut - it's going to give you a better idea of what is going to happen.

I agree with you on one thing, though, slacker, the Bears will not make the playoffs... I'm not saying that because I love the Packers and hate the Bears (even though I do:> ), I'm saying that because they will have a tougher road this year and Minnesota really isn't terrible at all. Detroit, while still being under-talented, has a real nice coaching staff up there now - so who knows... Plus they got rid of their biggest weakness in Harrington. They didn't really upgrade the position much, but they have at least an 8-8 QB this year. I wish I could say Green Bay will be in the hunt, but, I don't see them getting more than 7 wins, and even that is probably a stretch.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have New England and Carolina matching up in the Super Bowl this year. These guys need to wake up and get with the times.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

lol, really?
    I am fairly certain it's 2 teams that you're not expecting (even if they are teams SOME people expected) ala last year heh. Sheesh, what a typical 'no risk' pick.
    Carolina will probably be down a bit this year - but likely in the hunt... The NFC is not very good this year, I don't even have a clue as to who to pick. I wouldn't even have a read on it until weak 4 when you can see who can run the ball, play enough solid d, and win a tough game. If a team can't do those 3 things by week 4, they aren't a contender out of the NFC.

New England? Impossible to count them out, but the AFC is pretty nasty this year.

I just don't know why they make 'picks' so far removed from the season - it makes them look stupid.