late4thegame
    late4thegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Does Jacksonville have any chance......

.....at +12.5? I think so....Pitt is pretty beat up still. They did what they had to do last week against Tenn but I'm thinking they let off the gas this week. Thoughts?

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

It won't be because Pitt lets off the gas if they do. I can't buy the rookie QB against that pass D at all. If they stack against Jones-Drew; and why wouldn't you for at least the first quarter, it will be a long day. I think Gabbert will be OK in time but 4 games in with not much camp as a starter and in Pittsburgh?

Jax' only hope is to stall out the Pittsburgh run and force Ben into some INT's. Possible but a better no play than anything in my mind.

Good luck this weekend.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by late4thegame View Post
    .....at +12.5? I think so....Pitt is pretty beat up still. They did what they had to do last week against Tenn but I'm thinking they let off the gas this week. Thoughts?
    Last week they benefited by playing a team that relied very heavily on their passing game, which played right into Pittsburgh's #1 pass defense. This week they play a team that are a below average passing team with an average running game. They also have solid pass defense, but I think that the Steelers are playing with something to prove right now and they're going to make Jacksonville work very hard to put points up. I would take Pittsburgh or nothing

jess40
    jess40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Steelers don't mess around when at home...they gonna walk all over them.

Ch3fDan
    Go Blue
    Ch3fDan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Jacksonville hangs around because they control the defensive line. Mendenhall is still beat up and Redman isn't too scary of a back.

the10man
    the10man's Avatar Become A Pro!

ud think jags have to cover eventually but i cerrtainly woudnt back tehm

Dave ATS
    Dave ATS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

I hate these double digit spreads but sometimes a game warrants some consideration. Funny how everyone was talking about the only way to beat the Steelers is to spread them out and throw the ball against them. Love Dick Lebeau, he is a genious. How is Jacksonville going to score more than 14 in this game. Give the points and hold on to your hat. Pitt 34-14.
    Last edited by Dave ATS; 10-15-11 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Error