GamblingGuru
    GamblingGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!

GamblingGuru's Week 6 Picks

I'm aware I'm not a very reputable user here, as I have only posted a handful of times. I follow these forums pretty regularly, and find everyone's insight valuable. I just wanted to post my bet this week; bet on it, criticize it, do whatever you want.

This is a 7 team, 7 point teaser, and pays out 8:1, and includes both college and professional football. (3 college, 4 nfl - which is why I posted it in NFL)

FSU @ Duke

FSU -6.5 - I'm a gator fan, and as happy as I was with them losing to Wake Forest this past week, I was every bit as shocked. I see no way they don't go to Duke and win by AT LEAST 10+, as they should beat the spread and most likely win by 17+.

LSU @ Tennessee

LSU -10.5 - Again, I'm a gator fan, and they destroyed us last week. The Gators were able to take care of the Volunteers fairly easily earlier this season (I was in attendance for that game). The fact that one of their two best receivers was injured (and out for the season) during the Gator game, their offense just hasn't been the same since. They put up 12 points against an average Georgia defense last week, and this week will be playing against possibly the best defense in the country, one that plays more like an NFL defense than a college one. Tennessee won't get more than 14 points, and LSU will score in the 30+.

Oklahoma State @ Texas

OK State ML - Texas has shown they've taken a step down in the rankings of elite college programs, similar to the Gators. They may be a good team, but they just don't have the fire power to compete with top 5 teams. Oklahoma just scored 55 on them, and they now play a Oklahoma State offense that is rolling after putting up 70 points (on Kansas, who has given up 24, 42, 66, 45 and now 70 this year). Simply put, Texas won't be able to compete with Oklahoma States offense.

Cowboys @ Patriots

Cowboys +14 - The Cowboys are coming off a bye week and seem to have all of their weapons back. The Patriots are well, the Patriots. I normally NEVER bet on the Cowboys, as I don't believe Romo or that team have what it takes to be a true powerhouse NFL team. With that said, I think they're able to keep this game within two touchdowns.

Dolphins @ Jets

Jets ML - The Jets have given up 30 or more points in 3 straight weeks. There's no way that happens this week against the Dolphins. The Jets should be able to cover the spread as their defense should easily be able to contain Matt Moore, Reggie Bush, and company. The Jets mediocre offense should be able to put decent numbers against the Dolphins poor defense.

Rams @ Packers

Packers - 8 - The undefeated Superbowl Champion Packers go up against a weak Rams team. With the Packers seemingly clicking on all cylinders, and the Rams being, well the Rams, so this game will be a double digit game by halftime.

Texans @ Ravens

Ravens -1 - The Texans have a tough road game against the Ravens. Although Arian Foster is back and playing well, it won't be enough to overcome the Ravens staunch defense. If these teams were both at full strength, I'd be tempted to take the Texans. I'm a lifelong Colts fan, but the Texans have done a good job of building up their team, and will win the division and put up a fight in the playoffs. That being said, without Andre Johnson, their offense won't quite be able to push around the Ravens defense. Also, with the recent loss of Mario Williams (5 sacks and 1 FF), the defense will see a drop off from the level they've been playing all season (a top 10 defense).

GamblingGuru
    GamblingGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not only did I win the bet, but every single one of the teams covered their original spread.

FSU @ Duke
    FSU won 41-16, covering the spread and winning by 17+, like I predicted.

LSU @ Tennessee
    LSU won 38-7, easily covering the 17.5 point spread. I predicted that LSU would score 30+ while holding Tennessee to under 2 TDs.

Oklahoma State @ Texas
    OK State won 38-26, covering the 7 point spread. I personally thought the margin of victory would be larger, but they still covered.

Cowboys @ Patriots
    I was most worried about this game, but the Patriots won 20-16. Again, not a Romo or Cowboys fan, but I thought they'd keep this one close, and they did.

Dolphins @ Jets
    Jets won 24-6, wasn't even close. This game was a given and I'm not sure why anyone would have bet on Miami here.

Rams @ Packers
    Packers won 24-3, covering the 15 point spread by halftime just as I had predicted.

Texans @ Ravens
    Ravens won 29-14, as they were just too much to handle for a banged up Texans team.

I will continue making posts every week (as long as I have time), and again, bet on it, criticize it, or do whatever you want.

punkbhstl
    punkbhstl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Good job!

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

props for that

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Starting today I will follow you blindly