JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Lions 6-0, you better believe it!

Two, perhaps, surprising teams making headlines meet up Sunday. The (5-0) Lions vs. (4-1) 49ers.

The 49ers, the most shocking winning team of the match up, just kick the living shit out TB 48-3 at home. However, with this type of performance from the 49ers, history tells us that they will potentially follow up that performance flat on their ass.

The 49ers are 0-9 ATS since 2004 after scoring at least 4 touchdowns. Too make matters worse, the 49ers are 0-11-1 ATS since 1997 as an away dog following a win by 14 or more points. Further, the 49ers are 0-13-1 ATS since and 0-14 SU since November of 2004 off a home game where they scored at least five more points than expected. As you can see, history tells us that monster performances from the 49ers only lead to let downs the following week.

Too put salt on the wound, the Lions are 12-0 ATS since 1989 as a home favorite when they won and covered their last two games, as long as they were not favs by more than a field goal in both those wins. We all know how shitty the Lions have been in the past. To be able to hold this kind of ATS record for this long should be considered.

It is fortunate for the Lions to catch the 49ers in this spot as they will be 6-0 to start the season. IMO if the 49ers only won by 7-10 last week, the line would be 7 to 10. I am personally laying the 4 points (local) . Best of luck with whatever you decide.!!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Interesting trend.

The 49ers defense is a test to the Lions offense.

le14
    le14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lions at home coming off a dominant monday night performance against a divisional opponent.
    49'ers owned TB but I don't think I could put my money on Alex Smith and the one quality win over the Eagles (which do not look good either, and were in it at the end).

Im leaning towards the Lions at -4 but nothing locked in yet.

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18475

I wanted a bigger number as well, but I was taking this dog no matter the line. Short week letdown for the Motor City footballers. SF +4. Frank Gore ALL DAY LONG. You read it here first. GL
    Last edited by Hilljacademics; 10-14-11 at 06:05 AM. Reason: info

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18475

Quote Originally Posted by Hilljacademics View Post
    I wanted a bigger number as well, but I was taking this dog no matter the line. Short week letdown for the Motor City footballers. SF +4. Frank Gore ALL DAY LONG. You read it here first. GL