willis815
    willis815's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1132

Teaser question....

I love playing teasers but I usually play them at about 6pts (for value). I was just plugging in some numbers for fun and looked at a 12pt teaser. When the lines get good value starting out, why not go this direction for more help? Don't bother telling me about how "teasers are sucker bets" or how "it's hard enough to pick one game right". I do quite well with my teasers (up 66 units on the year so far).

I am simply asking, why not do this with good value? For example, if i were to use a 12pt teaser I would want max value, so i would use 15 teams:

College Football 103 USC* +9 vs California
    College Football 119 Clemson* +4 vs Maryland
    College Football 125 South Carolina* +9 vs Mississippi State
    College Football 145 Baylor* +21½ vs Texas A&M
    College Football 147 LSU* -5 vs Tennessee U
    College Football 156 Auburn* +14 vs Florida
    College Football 163 Alabama* -13½ vs Mississippi
    College Football 173 Stanford* -9½ vs Washington State
    College Football 177 Oklahoma State* +4½ vs Texas
    NFL Football 202 Green Bay Packers* -3½ vs St. Louis Rams
    NFL Football 207 San Francisco 49ers* +16 vs Detroit Lions
    NFL Football 209 Carolina Panthers* +15½ vs Atlanta Falcons
    NFL Football 211 Indianapolis Colts* +20 vs Cincinnati Bengals
    NFL Football 215 Houston Texans* +21 vs Baltimore Ravens
    NFL Football 221 New Orleans Saints* +8 vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Let's say I put $300 down for a $4200 payout.

I don't see myself doing this, but I am curious where people stand on this. What's everyone's opinions on this?

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Where do I sign up....... for real I like this,I hit 4 and 5 game parlays weekly and do a lot of 2 game teasers.....My book does not offer this kinda bet where you can tease and then parlay...where can I get that done?...and I love those picks...GL..I hope you hit it....I'd rather do that than play the lottery...

willis815
    willis815's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1132

No parlays in this one, just one big teaser. 5dimes pretty much gives you every option you can think of.

Again, still not all of these are easy picks, but for a 14x payout it seems to make sense when the lines produce themselves. Especially when NCAAF top 10 teams are covering at over 77% (standard line) and the NFL has mismatches like GB vs Rams.

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 685

parlaying games you lose in the long run.

Straight bets you profit.

But I do like playing 2 team Teasers.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Where do I sign up....... for real I like this,I hit 4 and 5 game parlays weekly and do a lot of 2 game teasers.....My book does not offer this kinda bet where you can tease and then parlay...where can I get that done?...and I love those picks...GL..I hope you hit it....I'd rather do that than play the lottery...
    all over the internet man.

5dimes has the most and best parlays/teasers and they even allow you to buy pretty much as many points as you want to essentially 'tease' every game in the parlay the amount you want it teased.

they have different teasers, pleasers (the opposite of teasers), consolation parlays where you can miss 1 or 2 games in your parlay and still win. also, they accept americans.