postal warrior
    postal warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Bengals -7.5. Really?

Who the hell are the bengals to be laying 7.5 points to anyone? I know the colts aren't lighting it up but they have been playing much better since Painter took over.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

colts just suffered a tough loss after being close the past 2 weeks........letdown game for them

postal warrior
    postal warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    colts just suffered a tough loss after being close the past 2 weeks........letdown game for them
    How do you have a let down game when you haven't won a game yet. If anyone is having a let down game it would be the Bengals.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

because they brought their best efforts the past 3 weeks, and still couldn't win, even with a 17 pt lead against the Chiefs at home. letdown means they won't bring their best effort

veeds1690
    veeds1690's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

This game is weird to me. The Colts are going to be without Addai, and Delone Carter hasn't exacted proven himself yet. The Bengals defense has been somewhat stingy even if it has had subpar competiton so far, it looks like the Colts are too good to be true and that's always a red flag.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

The only thing I would consider touching in this game is the under.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Both of these starting qbs would be carrying clipboards at Stanford & Baylor.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope the OP's opinion on this game is common enough that the line moves down to -6.5, but I doubt it will play out that way... Bengals will roll in this game.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I hope the OP's opinion on this game is common enough that the line moves down to -6.5, but I doubt it will play out that way... Bengals will roll in this game.
    how often do the Bengals "roll" ? they lost to the Broncos what makes you think the Colts don't have a chance?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by loopydude11 View Post
    how often do the Bengals "roll" ? they lost to the Broncos what makes you think the Colts don't have a chance?
    Indy is ranked 30th in rushing yards per game, and despite the QB change, they would still have to be ranked in the bottom third of the league in passing (if we're being generous, we can call them an average passing team). So they can't run the ball at all, and will be forced to generate offense with their passing game. I like Curtis Painter actually, and think that we've seen him progress over the last few weeks, but he'll never be more than a midrange QB option. Now look at the Bengals defense. 7th in rushing defense, and 3rd in pass defense. We can expect the Colts to have very little success on the ground, and they're really going to be fighting an uphill battle in establishing their passing game.

This game is actually analogous to last week's Titans @ Steelers game. The Titans have no ground game, generating over 80% of their total yards from passing. When they ran into Pittsburgh's #1 ranked pass defense they were completely outmatched, unable to pass or to run the ball. A one dimensional team being forced to play to their opponent's strength is a really bad situation for a team to be in.

Cincinnati isn't an offensive powerhouse by any means, but Indy's inability to move the ball is going to result in a lot of extra possessions for the Bengals, probably starting in good field position in most cases. The Colts are really bad in overall defense (31st in rush defense, 18th in pass defense). If I'm Cincinnati's OC, I call Cedric Benson's number early and often in the first half, being fairly confident that the Colts will give ground. If the Bengals play solid defense, as they should, Indy is going to have a REALLY hard time scoring on them, and the Bengals are going to get a lot of opportunities to put points on the board.

Finally, the Colts desperately need a win, and last week against the Chiefs was the best chance they've had all season. They started well, but fell apart against a team that's every bit as bad as they are, losing at home. If they couldn't muster a solid effort for 60 minutes at home against what should have been a solid opportunity against KC, I really don't see them getting it done here on the road.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 10-12-11 at 11:19 PM.
    Points Awarded:

freakydave gave suicidekings 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I think someone should post each team's PK stats. It may be the edge.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

colts +7 is LOCK OF A LIFETIME if you dont go all in on this you are CRAZY no way bengals win by that much they suck!!!

biggerleaffan
    biggerleaffan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2618

Colts

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I don't know how many posters on here make their own lines but I have the line at cincy-8
    I got -7 at The Greek & put Cincy in a teaser.Indy isn't as bad as people think but last week's home collapse vs a bad KC team makes me think the bengals are the right play.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Indy is ranked 30th in rushing yards per game, and despite the QB change, they would still have to be ranked in the bottom third of the league in passing (if we're being generous, we can call them an average passing team). So they can't run the ball at all, and will be forced to generate offense with their passing game. I like Curtis Painter actually, and think that we've seen him progress over the last few weeks, but he'll never be more than a midrange QB option. Now look at the Bengals defense. 7th in rushing defense, and 3rd in pass defense. We can expect the Colts to have very little success on the ground, and they're really going to be fighting an uphill battle in establishing their passing game. This game is actually analogous to last week's Titans @ Steelers game. The Titans have no ground game, generating over 80% of their total yards from passing. When they ran into Pittsburgh's #1 ranked pass defense they were completely outmatched, unable to pass or to run the ball. A one dimensional team being forced to play to their opponent's strength is a really bad situation for a team to be in. Cincinnati isn't an offensive powerhouse by any means, but Indy's inability to move the ball is going to result in a lot of extra possessions for the Bengals, probably starting in good field position in most cases. The Colts are really bad in overall defense (31st in rush defense, 18th in pass defense). If I'm Cincinnati's OC, I call Cedric Benson's number early and often in the first half, being fairly confident that the Colts will give ground. If the Bengals play solid defense, as they should, Indy is going to have a REALLY hard time scoring on them, and the Bengals are going to get a lot of opportunities to put points on the board. Finally, the Colts desperately need a win, and last week against the Chiefs was the best chance they've had all season. They started well, but fell apart against a team that's every bit as bad as they are, losing at home. If they couldn't muster a solid effort for 60 minutes at home against what should have been a solid opportunity against KC, I really don't see them getting it done here on the road.
    This is a well thought out position to take a side on .I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.