MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears Host The Vikings

The Vikings finally got in the win column in Week 5 but will be hard-pressed to make it two straight in Chicago,a place they have not been kind to bettors in recent years. Minnesota is 1-6-1 ATS in its past eight trips to Chicago. However.According to my own Power Rankings formula [I use a set of 17 weighted statistics--some of them traditional and some of them custom--as the core basis of my ratings, but I adjust the rankings slightly based on various qualitative factors (coaching, injuries, opinion, strength of schedule, etc ].It's the No. 27-rated Bears and the No. 17-rated Vikings in this matchup..My Predictive formulas point to a 23-19 win for the Vikings on Sunday.They have the benefit of catching the Bears on short rest after they lost to the Lions on Monday nite.In comparing defenses, the Vikings own the league's No. 6-rated front 7 in terms of stopping the run, allowing 90 yards per game when on the road. Chicago, on the other hand, rates No. 22 this week in generating rushing yards at home from my predictive formula.DL Julius Peppers (knee)has a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee, according to a league source. Peppers has not been ruled out for the team's Week 6 game.After five games this season,The Bears are among the six worst teams in the league against the run and against the pass, and they are giving up explosive plays at an alarming rate.According to my stats,the 2010 Bears gave up 44 passes and 13 runs of 20 or more yards,including seven that went for touchdowns.The two longest such plays were 59-and 53-yard touchdown catches by Deion Branch and Percy Harvin, respectively.The 2011 Bears are on pace to give up 73 plays of 20 or more yards,and they already have allowed three touchdowns of 70-plus yards Two of those happened Monday in Detroit, where Calvin Johnson scored on a 73-yard pass from Matthew Stafford and Jahvid Best raced untouched through a gaping hole in the Bears’ defensive line for an 88-yard touchdown.... I like The Vikings +3 1/2.I think this line will go up during the week,if so I will make a second bet on the Vikings.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ***My Stats For 2011 NFL~10-1-1 *** ~Bills 31 To Philadelphia 24 WIN +3 Bills [On Thread] ... ~Steelers 38 to Titans 17 WIN-3 Steelers [On Thread]~Chargers 29 -3 1/2 To Denver 24... WIN ** On Thread]~ ..Bears13 to Lions 24 Lions-7 WIN [On Thread~ .All Four Of My Threads Are Winners Against And With The Spread For Week#5
    Points Awarded:

PeePee gave MR.HARRYtheHAT 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gilbert91016
    gilbert91016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14185

Thanks Harry would u play it at 2.5

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

The line isn't Minnesota +3.5. If you're lucky it's Minne +3 and soon it looks like -2.5.

Come on maaaaan.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

No.. Gilbert I like 3 1/2 ..I would make another wager if spread went up? Gilbert I think BY the end of week, it might go up. Thanks for your comment and good luck this week Gilbert.

gilbert91016
    gilbert91016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14185

Thanks Harry. Ill wait maybe i can get the 3/3.5 Nice call Monday night. Will u have anymore plays??

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Line Opened At 3 1/2 went I got down!!!!! Stacken Green and good luck to you this week!!!

DRB
    DRB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

can I have Minny +6 (-125)

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Fair enough, but I still say Chicago or no play.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

cheee-cahhh-gohhhh for da win

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you really 10-1-1????

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I like Min and the points in this game. I'm not sure the Bears can recover from the loss last week that quickly. It's possible. I think it will be a close game, which means I love the points.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

I agree McBain, I also love the points in game... I saw it all game long out of Jay Cutler Monday, and I don’t think the Bears have as much talent around and in front of him as McNabb. High-motor Minnesota DEs Jared Allen and Brian Robison (13 combined sacks) will pin back horns to hunt down Chicago QB Jay Cutler -- who's been sacked 70 times in last 20 games.This Game Could Come Down To A Field Goal. Line Opened At 3 1/2 went I got down. I look at this way on my bet? Cutler will be struggling on offence, McNabb could have a great offence?? This game is all about defense ,but the wild card on big plays will be McNabb not Culter? ..I like The 3 1/2 points.. I think this line will go up during the week,if so I will make a second bet on the Vikings.McBain thanks for your comment and good luck this week on your bets

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Minnesota ML, 3 unit play baby.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

This game sets up to be a defensive game played between the 20’s with the Vikings pass rush and the Bears being susceptible to being sacked and the Vikings innate ability to shoot themselves in the foot. My play on this one is not the under[McNabb is like orange juice,shake him up and see what happens??? but my stronger play is on who will cover the spread, I like the points!!!!

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

good luck with this because it's desperation time:

Veterans Chris Harris and Brandon Meriweather are expected to be benched in favor of Major Wright and rookie Chris Conte for Sunday’s game against the Vikings, according to multiple team sources.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

After five games this season,The Bears are among the six worst teams in the league against the run and against the pass.....

MR.HARRYtheHAT

To JakeLc... Thanks for info,I did read the benched report on team website sources.Very good luck!! on your picks for week#6 JakeLc

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Thanks PeePee for the points and very good luck to you PeePee on your picks for week#6

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like the under in this one. The Bears O-Line is a complete mess right now, but I don't see the Vikes getting much done on offense either. A few big plays is really skewing the Bears defensive statistics/averages.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Now that's good analysis

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Thanks smogs as always... Good luck on your picks for week#6 smogs

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Points won't be necessary, I think the best play in Minny ML.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

the hits just keep on coming

Injuries have forced a shakeup along the Bears’ defensive line for Sunday night’s matchup versus the Vikings.

With Julius Peppers doubtful after spraining the MCL in his left knee, Henry Melton is slated to start at right defensive end for Peppers. Amobi Okoye will step into the starting lineup at Melton’s defensive tackle spot, while Anthony Adams is set to start at nose tackle with Matt Toeaina out with a sprained knee.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Thanks for your comment LT Profits and good luck to you on your picks with week#6

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Thanks~ JakeLc~ again for info & update on Injuries

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Forecast for Bears vs Vikings at Soldier Field, Oct.16 2011 Chicago - Minnesota is coming to town for Sunday Night Football and they’ll be greeted with Bear’s type weather.Expect partly cloudy skies with an isolated sprinkle possible and a NW breeze that will kick up periodically.Kickoff is at 7:15 p.m CST Temperatures will be in the mid 50s.By the end of the game temperatures will be near 50.

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Good luck Mr. HarryTheHat! I take Minny SU.

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

Best of luck today Harry.
    Viking is one of my big play, along with Redskin, Carolina and NE. Small lean on Bills, Colts

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki Roma View Post
    Are you really 10-1-1????
    Yes he is and the loss was by one point! (He had Dallas -3 over Washington when they won 18-16)

MR.HARRYtheHAT

~Thank you Darkenergy~ for reading my thread... and very good luck on your picks this Sunday

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I started a thread about it, but maybe I should have asked it here (sorry..)... but what does everyone think about the Vikings team total @ 20? I'd think they would score more than that, but I would like a second opinion.

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLc View Post
    good luck with this because it's desperation time:

Veterans Chris Harris and Brandon Meriweather are expected to be benched in favor of Major Wright and rookie Chris Conte for Sunday’s game against the Vikings, according to multiple team sources.
    I don't know how long Harris would sit if he is benched, as Major Wright is a big bust. I think the Bears are disgusted with Merriweather, both his dangerous play on the field and his attitude. He keeps launching himself at people dangerously head first. He is going to seriously injure himself or someone else. He also has taking several stupid penalties (he smacked another player for no reason the last game).

MR.HARRYtheHAT

THANK YOU LT PROFITS.. YES I LOST BY 1 POINT..Oh Well...You Can't win them all, however I press one time and thats like a double down LT... 10-1-1.. I would like to be about %70 percent for Entire NFL season with unit bets. Adjusting the rankings slightly based on various qualitative factors (coaching, injuries, opinion, strength of schedule etc.. of my Predictive formulas point system.Thanks Again For Reading My Thread LT.. Good luck to you on your picks this week LT!!!!!!

vegasplaya
    vegasplaya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

LOL the Vikings beat the Cardinals last week and now everyone is on the bandwagon. there gonna get thee ass kicked tonight.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Fair enough, but I still say Chicago or no play.
    Vegasplaya had it right, like me.

I'm the only dominating handicapper around. I haven't found any with anywhere near the documented success. Where are these boys at?

12 Last