CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Why is everyone still in love with Philly?

“The Eagles — currently a ‘pick’em’ at the Redskins — are only the second team since 1993 to be 1-4 and not be an underdog in a road game vs. a home team with a better record.” — R.J. Bell, Pregame.com

Please keep on pounding Philly people, pleassseee!

Heated Rivalry division game and the home team is getting points! Anyone else think this a good bet? Public is still in love with the "Dream team"

linehawk
    linehawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

There is still a talent disparity between these teams with Philly having the edge. I think this will be a letdown spot for the Skins. I can very well see Philly throwing home run balls early and jumping out to a 21 pt. lead by halftime; giving their defense some confidence. I'm a lifelong Skins fan, but this is not a favorable spot for the them against a desperate Eagles squad.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

It's like a gf that treats them like shit but they can't let go. She looks good till you look closer and you are not getting any but keep trying pathetically.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

Quote Originally Posted by linehawk View Post
    There is still a talent disparity between these teams with Philly having the edge. I think this will be a letdown spot for the Skins. I can very well see Philly throwing home run balls early and jumping out to a 21 pt. lead by halftime; giving their defense some confidence. I'm a lifelong Skins fan, but this is not a favorable spot for the them against a desperate Eagles squad.
    Let down spot after a bye week? Its usually quite the opposite. A time to regroup and rest up. Gives the team 2 weeks to focus and study on one team instead of just a few days.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

due theory plain and simple. to me what is more scary is that the colts are +8 vs the bungals. and btw the bungals also start a rookie qb as well. this is more of a head scratcher than any game this week.

linehawk

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    Let down spot after a bye week? Its usually quite the opposite. A time to regroup and rest up. Gives the team 2 weeks to focus and study on one team instead of just a few days.
    Health wasn't really a concern with the Redskins going into the bye week. They got through their 1st 4 games without any significant losses.Their offense won't present much of a threat to the Eagles with an error prone QB and mediocre receiving corp. On the defensive side, the Skins don't have one DB that can effectively cover Desean Jackson or Macklin.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

Their offense won't present much of a threat to the Eagles with an error prone QB and mediocre receiving corp.
    Same could be said for Vick. He leads the league in interception and what better time to have an extra week to prepare for someone like him. I think he gets way to much credit. This is the second team hes stolen millions from and still hasnt been able to bring them above .500

On the defensive side, the Skins don't have one DB that can effectively cover Desean Jackson or Macklin.
    No but they have a hell of a pass rush (#4 in sacks, #2 in passing yards allowed) You can't throw to your deep guys if the defense is in his face and we all know Vick is gonna take off once he feels that pressure.

I feel like its gonna be a close game, which is why I like the better defense.

Philly is #26 in points allowed per game
    Washington is #3

Philly is #15 yards allowed per game
    Washington is #6

Also Washington will be able to run the ball all day keeping the Philly offense off the field.
    (Philly is #30 in rushing yards allowed per game)

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Vick had 6 td's last year in Washington in a prime time game from what I remember. They blew out the skins by about 40 points...

Have you watched the eagles play and the weird, akward mistakes that have gone against them? It's not even about the defense. Yeah they suck but if some of those fluke tip-interception/ronnie brown throwing the ball backward on the 1 yard line, then these games would be already out of hand, the Philly offense is unstoppable outside of the redzone.

Outside of the redzone, stats show the Philly offense is the best in the league.

Good luck betting against Vick who scorched Washington last year in their own building for record setting numbers

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Bc philly has outgained every team they have played by a significant amount of yards... Vegas knows that flukey fumbles in the rz, ect., can't (well, shouldn't), happen forever..

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

linehawk

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post

So you don't think Philly will be able to move the ball and score against this Skins defense?

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Health wasn't really a concern with the Redskins going into the bye week. They got through their 1st 4 games without any significant losses.Their offense won't present much of a threat to the Eagles with an error prone QB and mediocre receiving corp. On the defensive side, the Skins don't have one DB that can effectively cover Desean Jackson or Macklin.
    No where did you mention the Skins' rushing offense which is ranked 8th and the Eagles rush defense ranked 28th.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

yup, rushing defense will again show its ugly head
    the eagles have moved the ball on every single team they have faced so far
    its the TO's thats been killing them
    i dont think i have seen that many TO's from an offense that is as talented as the iggles
    goatmilk is correct, there has been a lot of strange TO's going against the iggles

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Prob doesn't mean a flip, but Phil destroyed Wash coming of their bye last year (59-28).

Since 2000 when Wash hosts a team with fewer wins than them, as long as they are not on a two game losing streak they are an astonishing 0-17 ATS. Further when hosting a divisional team that is on at least their 2nd road game, they are 7-17 ATS.

There is no doubt Philly can move the ball. And consequently turn the ball over at the same time. As weird as it sounds, the league rewards those who do so at a 16-1 ATS clip. That is, as long as they are not more than 8+ dogs and it is btwn weeks 4 and 16. Offense performance needs to be 24 or more first downs and turn overs need to be four or more.

I personally believe the under has value more than anything in this match up.. good luck!

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

FYI: Shanahan is 9-4 coming off of a bye.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Eagles should win comfortably with their season on the line, they are capable of scoring 40 points if they stop turning the ball over. They are still the much better team despite the records of these teams and you gotta figure they'll be focused knowing their season is essentially over if they lose, this is like a playoff game to them (would fall 4 games back in the loss column with a loss).

Goat Milk

What's andy reid's record after 3 straight losses? after 2 straight losses? Thanks.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    What's andy reid's record after 3 straight losses? after 2 straight losses? Thanks.

After 2 straight losses

Reid is 14-12 SU and 16-10 ATS

After 3 straight losses

Reid is 6-4 SU and 7-3 ATS

After 4 straight losses

Reid is 3-0 SU and 3-0 ATS

Good luck
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave JMon 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LT Profits

None of that means anything here because the enormity of this game for Philly trumps all. REAL good teams win these games, so we will now see what the Eagles are made of. If they don't win this week, they might be good fade material going forward.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    None of that means anything here because the enormity of this game for Philly trumps all. REAL good teams win these games, so we will now see what the Eagles are made of. If they don't win this week, they might be good fade material going forward.
    they won't lose this week. it won't even be close

LT Profits

they won't lose this week. it won't even be close
    I agree, already bet them -1.

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

rex grossman lmao just look at his face

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    Prob doesn't mean a flip, but Phil destroyed Wash coming of their bye last year (59-28).

Since 2000 when Wash hosts a team with fewer wins than them, as long as they are not on a two game losing streak they are an astonishing 0-17 ATS. Further when hosting a divisional team that is on at least their 2nd road game, they are 7-17 ATS.

There is no doubt Philly can move the ball. And consequently turn the ball over at the same time. As weird as it sounds, the league rewards those who do so at a 16-1 ATS clip. That is, as long as they are not more than 8+ dogs and it is btwn weeks 4 and 16. Offense performance needs to be 24 or more first downs and turn overs need to be four or more.

I personally believe the under has value more than anything in this match up.. good luck!
    Good Post.

Washington has only played one good offense in Dallas and were outgained but not overwhelmingly. I think their defense will stack up nicely with Philly.

Philly defence played better last week but were simply on the field too long because of all the turnovers. They held Buffalo to 4.1 a carry which is not bad. Ryan Torrain is not Fred Jackson either.

I can see both teams spending clock to establish the run in a fairly close game. Under is worth a look

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Good Post. Washington has only played one good offense in Dallas and were outgained but not overwhelmingly. I think their defense will stack up nicely with Philly. Philly defence played better last week but were simply on the field too long because of all the turnovers. They held Buffalo to 4.1 a carry which is not bad. Ryan Torrain is not Fred Jackson either. I can see both teams spending clock to establish the run in a fairly close game. Under is worth a look
    Dallas? They were missing Miles Austin, Bryant wasn't healthy, and Tony Romo was playing with cracked ribs and a punctured lung....

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Washington D has look solid at times, but lots of talent they are facing and don't see them being able to keep up with the Eagles. This has to be Eagles or no play, otherwise you are betting that the turnover problem will continue for Philly, just not a solid thing to bet on IMO. I am going Eagles.

billysink

Dallas? They were missing Miles Austin, Bryant wasn't healthy, and Tony Romo was playing with cracked ribs and a punctured lung....
    Yes they were and still racked up 375 yds. in total offense. Like I said they are good. With all the injuries this year the Dallas offense is still ranked 6th in the league.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Yes they were and still racked up 375 yds. in total offense. Like I said they are good. With all the injuries this year the Dallas offense is still ranked 6th in the league.
    you pretty much just answered the debate. if dallas can do that with a bunch of hurt and missing players, what is a philly's healthy offense going to do that's the best offense in the league by far outside of the red zone area this season.

billysink

you pretty much just answered the debate. if dallas can do that with a bunch of hurt and missing players, what is a philly's healthy offense going to do that's the best offense in the league by far outside of the red zone area this season.
    We will see. Dallas was at home and Philly ain't. I would expect that in Washington Philly will run LeSean a ton. I think they reign Vick in a bit, keep an extra blocker in and try to limit turnovers. In the course of doing so they will run some clock.

Like the under more I think about it.

linehawk

Philly was the easiest play on the board today. They're not getting it done with home run balls as I put it, just yet, but this game is pretty much playing out as I thought. The Skins simply don't have the talent to measure up and Philly needs a win.