zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whos the most overrated player in the NFL

Has to be revis. He gets safety help on 75 percent of the plays and people compare him to deion
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fid

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

P. Manning, a non factor this season.
    Phillip Rivers, his best days are in the past.
    D. Mcnabb, see the above comment.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

The most overrated player in the NFL is Joe Flacco. The guy gets grouped in with the elite QB's in the league and it's solely due to Ray Rice's ability to play all over the field and handle a full workload. If Ray Rice gets injured, the Ravens would go down in flames if Flacco would have to throw the ball 40-50 times a game.

He's not Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers and he shouldn't be included in the conversation like he so-often is.

zsr

Completely agree VI. Flacco has no business even starting and it pisses me off that he thinks he's elite and everyone else seems to agree.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Ray LEwis, king of jumping on the pile

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Has to be revis. He gets safety help on 75 percent of the plays and people compare him to deion
    put the crack pipe down, back away its hot. Your on drugs if you think its Revis. Do you even watch football, seriously????? Anyone with half a football IQ will tell you Revis is a stud. You must be a disgruntled dolphin fan or something, who knows??The guy shut down Andre Johnson, Naco-stinko (evey single time they meet, and its been like 3 times now), Randy Moss, etc......What are you speaking of man? The names that come to mind for me right off the bat are Sanchez, Dominique Rogers Cromartie, Matt Ryan....all very overrated

SASH

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Ray LEwis, king of jumping on the pile
    Ray Lewis????? Seriously?????? Please tell me your joking. Please! The guy is argueably the best LB ever to lace em up. Even hall of fame linebackers will tell you this. Wow, where do you get some of these people????

zsr

Revis is a great corner, but you should know as a jets fan he gets safety help on EVERY SINGLE elite wideout he plays. He's probably the best corner in the game, joe haden is close, but he is overrated. He is not deion. He is not one of the greatest corners ever yet. Im not gonna sit here and argue with you because your a homer, but you watch the games, he has safety help more than anyone.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

as of today, tim teblow

crjohnson32
    crjohnson32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

the jets
    Points Awarded:

infamousbacardi gave crjohnson32 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    put the crack pipe down, back away its hot. Your on drugs if you think its Revis. Do you even watch football, seriously????? Anyone with half a football IQ will tell you Revis is a stud. You must be a disgruntled dolphin fan or something, who knows??The guy shut down Andre Johnson, Naco-stinko (evey single time they meet, and its been like 3 times now), Randy Moss, etc......What are you speaking of man? The names that come to mind for me right off the bat are Sanchez, Dominique Rogers Cromartie, Matt Ryan....all very overrated
    I agree, Revis isn't overrated. You might not hear his name a lot during a game BECAUSE THEY DON'T THROW AT HIM. As much as I hate to admit it (Pats fan), he's def a stud.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    as of today, tim teblow
    He's actually underrated..top 5 total QBR. People think he sucks, Total QBR is the most telling stat for a quarterback.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Kevin Kolb during the offseason, Eagles robbed the Cardinals blind in that trade. Guy sucks ass.

zsr

VI, noone throws at revis because he has a safety bracketing over the top.. And of course because cromartie is terrible so everyone torches him

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's actually underrated..top 5 total QBR. People think he sucks, Total QBR is the most telling stat for a quarterback.
    come back when he has played 5 full games and not just taken a snap here and there

SASH

VI, noone throws at revis because he has a safety bracketing over the top.. And of course because cromartie is terrible so everyone torches him
    Zsr, simply put, thats just an incorrect statement. He doesnt get safety help over the top...definately not 75% of the time like you claim. Where did you get this 75% number from????

zsr

Zsr, simply put, thats just an incorrect statement. He doesnt get safety help over the top...definately not 75% of the time like you claim. Where did you get this 75% number from????
    Sash, im just going by the games, not what the analysts say. I know rex likes to say he never gets safety help but all im saying is watch the defense. He has more safety help than anybody, just watch him on defense and you will see what i mean. He's good, but he's not what they make him out to be

SASH

Sash, im just going by the games, not what the analysts say. I know rex likes to say he never gets safety help but all im saying is watch the defense. He has more safety help than anybody, just watch him on defense and you will see what i mean. He's good, but he's not what they make him out to be
    I'm sure you havent watched more Jets games than me. Absolutely 100% positive of that. Ive been a Jets fan since 1983. And have missed 1.5 games over the last 15 years. But hey what can I do, we agree to disagree (but your wrong here )

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Flacco, Eli, the entire Raven defense with the exception of Ngata, McNabb (although not this year, everyone seems to agree he sucks now), Kolb.

Most underrated; hate to sound like Peter King but London Fletcher (not quite sure if he's even made a pro-bowl).
    Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave boneheaded1 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

zsr

I'm sure you havent watched more Jets games than me. Absolutely 100% positive of that. Ive been a Jets fan since 1983. And have missed 1.5 games over the last 15 years. But hey what can I do, we agree to disagree (but your wrong here )
    We'll just have to agree to disagree Maybe we can both agree that nnamdi is also very overrated haha

blue chip
    blue chip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I'll go with a guy who's play does not equal his positive hype. The man with the most ridiculous Nickname I've ever heard.

Yes people it's the one and only Matty "ICE" Ryan. What a fraud. I always said it and now we watch his weekly demise. ICE, ice ice, ice. That name makes me want to puke.

Ice,Ice,Ice, oh I better calm down.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

matt ryan
    sam bradford

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Nnamdi Asomugha
    Raiders don't seem to miss him & Eagles defense is worse this year than last

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Osi Umenyiora

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by boneheaded1 View Post
    Flacco, Eli, the entire Raven defense with the exception of Ngata, McNabb (although not this year, everyone seems to agree he sucks now), Kolb.

Most underrated; hate to sound like Peter King but London Fletcher (not quite sure if he's even made a pro-bowl).
    you think reed, lewis and suggs are overrated?????? what??

i use to think it was matt forte. i havent felt that way all season.

tom brady (great but overrated)
    his protection is usually very good.

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

the answer without a doubt to this question is brian urlacher!

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

Josh Freeman, god damn I got fooled by grudens mystical words

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    as of today, tim teblow

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    Nnamdi Asomugha Raiders don't seem to miss him & Eagles defense is worse this year than last
    excellent point!

Redskinskilla2010
    Redskinskilla2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jay Cutler. Tim Tebow. The entire Green Bay packers team. Only because they are supposedly a shoo in for the super bowl this year. Sorry not going to happen

VegasInsider
    Update your status

I'd agree with Bradford and Freeman, too.

Only thing I can say about Bradford is he has absolutely no receivers. If he can get a solid #1 wideout and some supporting cast, I think it might be able to thrive.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by Redskinskilla2010 View Post
    Jay Cutler. Tim Tebow. The entire Green Bay packers team. Only because they are supposedly a shoo in for the super bowl this year. Sorry not going to happen
    green bay's team reminds me of the 2nd year of SB winners Denver had when Elway was finishing up his career, everyone thought they were the best team again and they didn't disappoint. Thats the 1998 broncos

yD
    yD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Or maybe they are the 97 Packers. Guaranteed to repeat, mvp quarterback(like Rodgers will be this season), and lose the SB.

98 Broncos were overshadowed all year by the Vikings. Would have loved to see the spread in that Super Bowl. Probably Minny by a field goal.

To answer the question, every "elite" QB in today's game.

Records are being broken not because there are so many great quarterbacks today, but because of the ridiculous rule changes. Every great QB that comes along now seems like the best ever.(Manning, Brady, now I see some guy saying Rodgers). Right. We are just that lucky to live in an era with such great quarterbacks, lol.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

actually your wrong about revis,, he sticks to the cb like glue , he doesn't get alot of safety help and even so, safeties are their for a reason

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wes Welker. Guy is a product of the system and his QB.

You could take him off the Pats, plug in another midget slot receiver, and that offense wont skip a beat.

1234 ... Last