ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lions are pretenders

Don't care if they win this game... you cant watch this team and think they are legit contenders, and I'm not just basing this on one bad half. No running game, bad secondary, a QB who overthrows everyone.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Don't care if they win this game... you cant watch this team and think they are legit contenders, and I'm not just basing this on one bad half. No running game, bad secondary, a QB who overthrows everyone.
    didnt many say this in the cowboys game also?

SOUP
    One game at a Time.
    SOUP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1803

Solid D-line .... wait til they play the Packers and Rodgers throws for 400 and 4 tds.

ProfaneReality

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Impressive comebacks. On the flipside, you also have to have a propensity for playing awful football to continue to get down 3 scores.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

best 2nd half team in the league this year

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20433

They just need the Bears to score a few more touchdowns.

They'll be fine.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Lions is the shittiest team in the nfl..

paco

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Lions is the shittiest team in the nfl..
    Yea, 4-0. Now go buy ur dinner off the dollar menu u broke hamburger

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Yea, 4-0. Now go buy ur dinner off the dollar menu u broke hamburger
    you live in a shithole city..

paco

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post

you live in a shithole city..
    shithole city beats a shithole personality domino

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2673

It sure would be something to see the Lions and Packers go undefeated and head into the US Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit next month....

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Yes, true, but we all saw what happened in that game with Romo. The Cowboys totally outplayed them, did you look at the boxscore?

Don't get me wrong, The Lions show a lot of heart and are definitely on the rise, but tap the brakes just a bit with this undefeated talk and such. Just be happy that they will likely make the playoffs and have something to build on if you are a fan.

Remember this is much the same team that set a record for futility prior to this 8 game win streak with a 5 year record of 8-47 or somemsuch and shown on the telecast last night.

Watch the first half of the Cowboy game, that's what a top team still can do to the Lions, fortunately for them, The Cowboys are only 1/2 a top team.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

The lions are for real. Not sure why people dont understand this..Best wideout in the league, best defensive player in the league, top 10 quarterback. Everyone talks shit but all that matters is the record.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    It sure would be something to see the Lions and Packers go undefeated and head into the US Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit next month....

please please please let the Packers be favored by 7 or less. Would be my play of the year...

gonna be a turkey day beat down. I don't like either team , i think rodgers is probably the biggest dooshe bag in the NFL but he's a good QB

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    The lions are for real. Not sure why people dont understand this..Best wideout in the league, best defensive player in the league, top 10 quarterback. Everyone talks shit but all that matters is the record at the end of the year.

fixed that for you

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Pretender for what? The superbowl?
    If this is what you meant I completely agree. Lions have a long way to go to be looked at as an elite team.
    If you mean for the playoffs then you're way off target....
    Lions are 5-0 in a conference where many legit playoff contenders have gotten off to slow starts. At 5-0 the lions are in a great position to make a playoff run this year.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    please please please let the Packers be favored by 7 or less. Would be my play of the year... gonna be a turkey day beat down. I don't like either team , i think rodgers is probably the biggest dooshe bag in the NFL but he's a good QB
    How is Rodgers a Douche at all, nevermind biggest in the league?
    Not saying hes overly likeable or has a great personality but he plays hard and says the right things.
    Not much not to like in my opinion

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

this team is learning to win still

BeerBottlez
    BeerBottlez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

Haters gonna hate. They are 5-0, went 4-0 in pre-season (not that this matters much but still), and won the last four games last year so they know what winning feels like and how to overcome deficits.

Do they have a long way to go? Sure, and they have San Francisco who is 4-1 coming up on Sunday so if they win that game will the haters start believing? If not, what will it take? Looking at their schedule if they beat the 49ers they could be 10-0 when they meet the Packers on Thanksgiving.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think they're pretenders, but I don't think they're contenders either. In another year or two they'll be a legitimate contender.

I think that d-line is great, but I don't know about the back 7. Chicago's o-line is probably the worst of all time. A team that can handle that front 4 like the Pats, Saints, or Packers would pick them apart.

I like Stafford but he isn't quite there yet. Jahvid Best has loads of talent, but they need to upgrade that o-line in the draft.

They're almost there

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Detroit has holes but who doesn't? GB is playing without both starting tackles. If GB played the Lions and protected Rodgers like they did in the 1st half vs Atlanta (w/o John Abraham) then Rodgers is getting knocked out again like he did last year vs Detroit.....and probably for more than 1 game this time. GB and the Saints are still much better! Dallas, Atlanta, and Philly probably have more talent top to bottom if they get their stuff together. Detroit might win a 1st round game at home but thats it!

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

The lions could go 16-0 and everyone would still find something wrong with them

oaks05
    oaks05's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the crowd is anything close to what it was last night, san fran gonna be in trouble 9 false starts was no fluke place was loud as f**k

paco

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    The lions could go 16-0 and everyone would still find something wrong with them

ProfaneReality

1-3 since this game.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

when the bears are playing up to their potential (like they are in this game), they're the best defense in the league

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    Yes, true, but we all saw what happened in that game with Romo. The Cowboys totally outplayed them, did you look at the boxscore?

Don't get me wrong, The Lions show a lot of heart and are definitely on the rise, but tap the brakes just a bit with this undefeated talk and such. Just be happy that they will likely make the playoffs and have something to build on if you are a fan.

Remember this is much the same team that set a record for futility prior to this 8 game win streak with a 5 year record of 8-47 or somemsuch and shown on the telecast last night.

Watch the first half of the Cowboy game, that's what a top team still can do to the Lions, fortunately for them, The Cowboys are only 1/2 a top team.

Take that back, they won't even make the playoffs..."they are who we thought they were".

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    when the bears are playing up to their potential (like they are in this game), they're the best defense in the league
    Yeah, because Peppers is a beast like no other and there's none better than Urlacher and Briggs. Tillman really good too and Jennings opening eyes. Young safeties starting to get it. Scary defense. Then you got Hester and Gould on special teams. Maybe the best running back in Forte. And a QB with a huge arm who's making fewer mistakes. Scary team.

paco

Lions win next 3

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Pretender for what? The superbowl? If this is what you meant I completely agree. Lions have a long way to go to be looked at as an elite team. If you mean for the playoffs then you're way off target.... Lions are 5-0 in a conference where many legit playoff contenders have gotten off to slow starts. At 5-0 the lions are in a great position to make a playoff run this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    I don't think they're pretenders, but I don't think they're contenders either. In another year or two they'll be a legitimate contender. I think that d-line is great, but I don't know about the back 7. Chicago's o-line is probably the worst of all time. A team that can handle that front 4 like the Pats, Saints, or Packers would pick them apart. I like Stafford but he isn't quite there yet. Jahvid Best has loads of talent, but they need to upgrade that o-line in the draft. They're almost there
    this post makes the most sense. we are not a superbowl contender paco. we won't be until maybe next year if everyone is healthy. but we are right their in that group of tier 2 teams. if we can the playoffs, i can easily see detroit beating any team out of the nfc except the packers and saints. by next year, our d line will be by far the best in the nfl. there won't even be a comparison as suh is already the best tackle in the game and fairley will be up in that discussion in a few years. we need another piece to take some pressure of calvin

Scoobdog24
    Scoobdog24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3765

A lot of Staffords problems surfaced last night, along with team problems that have formed over the past few weeks, but too much talent not to bounce back. If they get Stafford back in check, they will be fine.

ProfaneReality

YEEEEEPPPPPP

paco

Yea, they only lost to the best team (undefeated) defending champions today

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Smith injury
    Refs