lowroller
    lowroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

Last leg of 4 team teaser: Hedge?

I've got DET +1 in the final leg of a 4 team teaser ($300/$900).

What is the best way to hedge out of this? I'm nervous about the Monday night stage and the fact that anything can (and usually DOES) happen on Monday night. I now see a stat that says Monday night HOME teams are 1-4 ATS this year and 77-94 ATS going back to 2001...yikes!

I have no idea how much I need to make this for.

Suggestions?
    Last edited by lowroller; 10-10-11 at 02:33 PM. Reason: MNF ATS #s

DrSize
    DrSize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I would let it ride but if you really want to hedge just take Chi ML at +270 for 300 so either was you are guaranteed to make about 600
    Points Awarded:

lowroller gave DrSize 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Put a small amount on Chi ML, like $75 if you don't feel great about Detroit. If you do feel great about Detroit, trust your gut and let it ride. I think Detroit takes care of business easily. I got Det +2 in a teaser and I'm fully confident in it hitting.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

Bears ML is +260 (or around there depending where you are) so you could take them for $200/$460 and come out at least $160 up

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Some of my co-workers completely shot down one of my worries about this game concerning how the Lions are 4-0 and everyone is heaping loads of praise on them. I just wondered if it might be a little too much love for a young team that still has 3/4 of a season to prove if Detroit is indeed back as a playoff contender. In your case you just have to decide whether or not Detroit is going to win the game since there is no spread to worry about. My best advice to you is hedge some of it because winning some money is certainly worse than hitting the big play but losing it all is a feeling you don't want to start a new week.

JT OZ

Another option that might seem far-fetched to some but has been working for me with MNF is teasers using NCAA/NFL games next weekend. My logic with this is that in a best-case scenario you could hit your original bets and also have a head start on next weekend with a pending play. Obviously the teaser option isn't a guarantee but I have had surprising success with it and I think a big reason for it is teasing a line before it gets pounded in a certain direction. Obviously this isn't a full-proof plan but I cashed 3 teasers yesterday that had MNF plays from last week in them.

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Let it ride.

Mega-tron wins all

JT OZ

I need Detroit ML tonight to finish a parlay so I took ATL/U in a teaser last night and included Chi +12.5 along with 3 other games for a potential +500 payout. Ultimately my hope with these is to get to the last game and once again be faced with a similar debate.

JT OZ

The last and riskiest option is if you feel confident enough in your play either add some ATS, new teaser or take the Det TT.

lowroller

Det TT?

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

I'm in the exact same dilema....I have Detroit +.5 to finish a 3 game teaser. I was thinking about making the same bet on Chi ML but I don't feel confident in the Bears at all.

Thinking I'm gonna let it ride on DET.

DrSize
    DrSize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Another option of course is shop around and get Chi +7 and hope for a close game and Det win and a nice middle

lowroller

I've got a shot at a middle tonight with Det -5/Chi +7.5 already.

Honestly, i just want to get out of this with SOME $. I had a HUGE middle shot with CIN +3 and JAX +3 yesterday and MISSED that already...couldn't even catch a side cause of a stupid-ass-no-time-on-clock TD!!! So at this point, because my luck has been SO bad in such GREAT spots...I'm going to take CHI ML for 300.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!!

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

you could hedge with live betting if the bears score a td first..........if that doesn't happen then wait til halftime, or just watch the live lines all night.

lowroller

I thought about that too, but I'll be working while the game is going...so no access.