nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Dallas getting +7 @ New England?

Damn, this seems like a great play for Dallas. The Cowboys have played 11 straight games within 4 points or less. They seem to play up or down to their competition every time. That includes games against Philadelphia, New Orleans, the Jets, the Giants, etc.

Although New England on the road is tough, they just feel like a fade team this year. They have real O-line problems - Detroit ate them for lunch in the preseason. Ware could have a HUGE game. The Cowboys have CB's Newman and Jenkins back at full health, I just don't see Brady having a huge day.

+7 is a lot of points in this game. Not to mention 90% of the public is on New England so far.

Beachdude83
    Beachdude83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

I am a huge pats fan so no matter how appealing the line seems to me I NEVER bet on them. I really wouldn't put money on this game either. The pats can either come out and absolutely destroy a team or they can lay an egg, and its impossible to predict. fade

bretb27
    It's all about the money...
    bretb27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

the fact that you said offensive line and problems in the same sentence lost any and all credibility you have/had. New England's offensive line is arguably the best in the league, Brady has literally 5 seconds to find a man.. that's enough for any quarterback let alone one of the all time greats. Couple that with an improving Patriots defense and a Dallas team that gives up an average of 24 points a game and you have all the signs of a Patriot cover. The Patriots are 4-1 against the spread this year, I don't see how that makes them "fade material".

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

The line should be N.E. -10 to 14.

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18727

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    The line should be N.E. -10 to 14.
    I had made my own line @ NE -11. Strange that this line is only 7. Although NE is almost automatic vs. the number at home, I can't help but think about last year's game NE played @ CLE. NE made many mistakes in that game, but defensively, CLE simply outplayed to NE's strengths offensively. The architect to that gameplan was Rob Ryan, and he did that with far less talent than he possesses now in Dallas. A no-play for me unless weather becomes an issue. Next weekend is the 2-year anniversary of the TEN/NE snow game (59-0). Quite unlikely to repeat, but sure would be nice.
    Last edited by Hilljacademics; 10-10-11 at 06:20 AM.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Dallas will match the Pats score for score. Think what SD and Buffalo did to them and that's what Dallas will do and then some.

kingcheng
    kingcheng's Avatar Become A Pro!

no way....dallas is playing off a bye and at New England, where brady is king. Dallas has a huge tendency to shoot themselves in the foot with numerous offsides, pass interference and personal fouls. they are the biggest flagged team. Brady will exploit that and embarass the secondary. Romo will choke (that's IF he gets to play the full game). -7 may look like a dallas play but -7 in NE is far from an easy play.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Romo tends to follow his choke games with hero games. Just a thought. And the Dallas O is one of the few in the league that can keep up with N.E. Especially with the N.E. D being as suspect as it is.

nj1035
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by kingcheng View Post
    no way....dallas is playing off a bye and at New England, where brady is king. Dallas has a huge tendency to shoot themselves in the foot with numerous offsides, pass interference and personal fouls. they are the biggest flagged team. Brady will exploit that and embarass the secondary. Romo will choke (that's IF he gets to play the full game). -7 may look like a dallas play but -7 in NE is far from an easy play.
    New England - 32 penalties - 4th in the league
    Dallas - 19 penalties - 29th in the league

Go back to bed now.

bretb27

Quote Originally Posted by gshock1 View Post
    Dallas will match the Pats score for score. Think what SD and Buffalo did to them and that's what Dallas will do and then some.
    you do realize that san diego lost by 14 points against the pats, right?

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

romo sucks so they will not be able to keep up with the scoring. And the pats running game is starting to roll so they should score even more. The pats D isn't good but they have been able to do enough to stop what they need to in order to win. As long as Brady stops throwing picks, they'll score more points than the previous scores indicate. Fading the pats at home with Romo is not smart.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

Pats have won by over 7 everytime they win. cowboys secondary sucks.. i like the pats or the over in this

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Tony Homo vs Justin Bieber? Bieber gets it done at home. Expect the usual Homo INT on the last Dallas drive of the game for a backdoor Pats cover.

gshock1

Quote Originally Posted by bretb27 View Post
    you do realize that san diego lost by 14 points against the pats, right?
    I realize that, but its not so much what NE did as it was SD losing the game.

bretb27

I realize that, but its not so much what NE did as it was SD losing the game.

yeah but I don't see how you can say the chargers went score for score with them... lol

patriots - 5 touchdowns
    chargers - 3 touchdowns

with that math i guess you're right in taking dallas +7

gshock1

yeah but I don't see how you can say the chargers went score for score with them... lol

patriots - 5 touchdowns
    chargers - 3 touchdowns

with that math i guess you're right in taking dallas +7
    Play what you want I have Dallas for a dime. Come talk to me after the game.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Line is out of whack, NE is only -1 at Dallas? Like someone else said, this line should be NE-10 at least.

bretb27

Play what you want I have Dallas for a dime. Come talk to me after the game.

I will be teasing the patriots down to 1, so maybe we'll both win. I'm not rooting against you I just understand your logic. The last time the Patriots played Dallas it was in Dallas, and if I'm not mistaken New England won in a blowout.

gshock1

I will be teasing the patriots down to 1, so maybe we'll both win. I'm not rooting against you I just understand your logic. The last time the Patriots played Dallas it was in Dallas, and if I'm not mistaken New England won in a blowout.
    Not the same team. Dallas has weapons galore. Dallas secondary is so so, but NE doesn't have a vertical threat. I like the points here.

nj1035
    Update your status

Also do not forget the cowboys get miles Austin back who has been out for 2 weeks. Add that to the explosive Dez Bryant and Mr. 3rd down reliable Jason Witten and the cowboys offense is scary. Romo might throw for 500 against the Patriots. Romo, Austin, Bryant, witten, and Felix jones were all playing with injury and have had 2 weeks to heal up.

Don't see how this isn't a one score game

bretb27

The patriots won, I won, and so did everyone on Dallas.. it was a good day, congrats to everyone.