frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Will Da Raiders play hard for AL Davis tomorrow against Houston

I know alot of people will be using this as an angle. Then again, maybe the current players don't even give a rats@ss

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

they probably dont frostno

if the coach is smart and good enough he might be able to rally them up, but dont think multimillionaire divas can get pumped up, maybe the younger kids...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Raiders didn't play hard for Al Davis when he was alive and you think they will play hard when he is dead? Where do these guys come from?

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

Did you see how ugly Davis was at the end there.. They will play hard because they are so happy he is gone.
    Who owns the team now?
    His daugther?

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

i was thinking same thing and andre johnson is out, stack box and keep foster contained

davidx191
    davidx191's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

The NFL have probably already rigged the Raiders to win tomorrow.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course they will. Everyone seems to think Al davis was hated, thats only these 18 year old kids who only saw the bad years. This guy was a fukin pioneer. So what he didnt win for the last 8 years, he did it his way

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post
    Did you see how ugly Davis was at the end there.. They will play hard because they are so happy he is gone. Who owns the team now? His daugther?
    Pal see how you look when your 82.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

that's what I'm saying, bros.
    I hope to still be grinding and banging when I'm 82 f@#kin' years old!
    call me crazy, but al davis is, like, my f@#kin' hero...

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

As a die hard Raider fan..I really hope so...
    As a die hard gambler...I dont think so..They really haven't the last 5-6 years..why start now?

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by nikossf View Post
    As a die hard Raider fan..I really hope so... As a die hard gambler...I dont think so..They really haven't the last 5-6 years..why start now?
    I really hope they can make the playoffs this year. Do it for Al. Would be one hell of a story, that fukin city would be up for grabs

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

The Raiders said they want to win"" let's get a win, baby" for Al. So watch out tomorrow. I still remember, after the game against Pit, the team is down, exhausted, tired. Maybe, Texans let it go, who know?

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

It's a bad angle to use in my opinion. Houston wants to win too. But it's your choice, I'm staying away.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Texans lose games like this all the time. Tease up OAK and the under and don't look back.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

The whole "playing harder for the coach's last game/someone's death" thing is a myth. Players are playing hard every week because they naturally want to win, want to keep their job and stock in the game and don't want the wrath of the coach.

AI
    AI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Texans lose games like this all the time. Tease up OAK and the under and don't look back.
    With you on this one

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    The whole "playing harder for the coach's last game/someone's death" thing is a myth. Players are playing hard every week because they naturally want to win, want to keep their job and stock in the game and don't want the wrath of the coach.
    Oh really? So brett favre having the game of his life after his father died was just a coincedence? There really isnt alot of history of this to go off, not sure why your saying its a myth

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

yes its a myth

saying that they will play harder for the win now is like saying they dont try hard enough to win on every other week

at this rate they'd need at least 10 deaths a year just to make it to the post season

Domestic

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Oh really? So brett favre having the game of his life after his father died was just a coincedence? There really isnt alot of history of this to go off, not sure why your saying its a myth
    Yes it is a coincidence. Also someone's dad dying is a lot more personal than the team owner...

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

Yes it is a coincidence. Also someone's dad dying is a lot more personal than the team owner...

zsr

That is true. Im just saying what are you basing the fact that its a myth from? I cant remember any team that played a game after an owner died, not even mentioning that the owner is someone with the legacy of Al Davis. Either way, i hope they win this one

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Next week more likely

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

No Houston wins by 20!

Domestic

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    That is true. Im just saying what are you basing the fact that its a myth from? I cant remember any team that played a game after an owner died, not even mentioning that the owner is someone with the legacy of Al Davis. Either way, i hope they win this one
    Yes, It is probably presumptuous of me to outright declare it a myth as I have obviously never played NFL or any sport at a pro level and don't recall a scenario similar to this one in the NFL. I guess the point I am trying to make is that I don't believe players are thinking about off field things in the heat of the moment when out there on the field. Whenever teams win a game after the death of someone related to that team the media always puts a Hollywood slant on it and I don't think it is a major factor.

NHL Pro Capper
    NHL Pro Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have Hous -5.5, GB -5.5 and NO -5.5, teased, sure hope they are "upset" and don't play and use it as an excuse.

kickenchicken
    kickenchicken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4128

they will probably be too hung over

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Raiders were mouring. i dont wanna be a dick but they were eating cake and seafood and crying and answering questions about their recently deceased owner and whatnot this weekend. for all we know- the texans were doing kung fu in snake pits this weekend.

mcfadden is a beast. and if you dont account for jason campbell's running ability you are stupid and you deserve to lose and you will lose.

People thought al davis was crazy but he put together a team that requires the box stacked (mcfadden and mike bush and jason campbell) and has an athletic/durable QB. This qb is not accurate but he has a huge arm and fast receivers that can burn you and get way passed the secondary. This offense will put up a lot of points. Texans defense is improved*

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I know alot of people will be using this as an angle. Then again, maybe the current players don't even give a rats@ss
    the current players love all davis; the vast majority of his players do and any individual one's opinion ive heard regarding this- it was a favorable opinion aswell.

(you cant pay everyone the maximum amount like the yankees can, so some people are going to be unhappy with contract situations.)

His main football criticism as of late was that he wasnt drafting the best player- instead he was drafting for speed. His second was that it had been reported that he called down multiple plays from the box; this over-rid the OC and coaches and/or players' specific gameplan.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

at least half the players didn't even know who al davis was until he died and were told about it. as long as their direct deposited game checks arrive on time they could care less.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

You guys are nuts if you don't think that players aren't emotional and don't care about the history and legacy of the team they play for. Al Davis was a pioneer of the game and treated his players very well. He helped a lot of black players that won't go unnoticed. This guy loved the Raiders and everyone knew it even if he was a little nuts.

Raider's win this game straight up. If your on the Texan's you might as well use your tickets as firewood...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Texan backers... Read em and weep. Shame on you if you didn't see that coming.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Raiders got it.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    told you TEXANS lose games like this every year... stupid ass divisional rival... will still find a way to lose it to the Titans this year they get the fukkn injury bug this year fukk em!