brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Why Do People Here Bet On Coin Flip Games???

I'm talking about games like Kansas City @ Colts, San Fran vs Tampa and Cincinatti vs Jax

these are games that are 100% coin flip in terms of who covers, so why try to land on the right side of the coin instead of just teasing the dog and enjoying your free money?? (all 3 games will be very close probably 95% of the time)

for example, jacksonville has 1 home win in their last 48+ games by more than 8 points and they are starting a rookie QB against a solid defense. That game will be a 3 or 4 point game decided either way so why even sweat it?? In terms of the 49ers/Tampa, I can't even find the last time the 49ers beat a halfway decent team by more than 8 points, so why not just tease tampa and enjoy your free dough??? Tampa's gonna win that game or lose by one possession either way

it boggles my mind how so many people here seem to think to they have a legitimate advantage on these ridiculously evenly matched up games with super sharp lines

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

well last week the titans/browns game was a -pk, and titans ended up whipping the browns' ass, ruining the teasers. i think colts luck in keeping these games close will run out and chiefs get a win.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    well last week the titans/browns game was a -pk, and titans ended up whipping the browns' ass

only game all week that was like that

Bills Bengals 3 point spread - decided by 3 points
    Cowboys lions 2 point spread - decided by 4 points
    Vikings Chiefs 3 point spread - decided 5 points
    Redskins Rams 4 point spread - decided by 7 points
    Giants Cardinals 1 point spread - decided by 4 points

and check out the week before

Seahawks 3 point spread - decided by 3 points
    panthers 3 point spread - decided by 4 points
    lions 4 point spread - decided by 3 points
    Jets 3 point spread - decided by 10 points - this one doesn't count though cause the dog won by 10 so a teaser still wins
    browns 1 point spread - decided by 1 point
    49 ers 1 point spread - decided by 5 points
    saints 3 point spread - decided by 7 points

NFL Lines are supremely sharp, so why not take advantage of that with teasers?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea i like teasers too, good stats. do not tease jets this week though, tease NE. gl

brahmabull117

yea i like teasers too, good stats. do not tease jets this week though, tease NE. gl

absolutely

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    NFL Lines are supremely sharp, so why not take advantage of that with teasers?
    TB +8.5 and CIN +8.5 this week

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    TB +8.5 and CIN +8.5 this week

brahmabull117

guys don't tease the eagles game this week

the eagles always have the potential to blow teams out, I think it will be a close game but only about 65-70% chance of a close game

you want games that have about 90% chance of a close game

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

purpose of a spread is to create the coin flip scenario, so basically all games are coin flips....just make sure you bet the best coin flip games

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by kcDdegenerate View Post
    purpose of a spread is to create the coin flip scenario, so basically all games are coin flips....just make sure you bet the best coin flip games

the giants are not a coin flip game

those 2 teams could play a 100 times and the giants would win that game by 10+ points at least 66% of the time

hell look at the seahawks road ATS record in recent years, they haven't even covered at a 30% rate so that 66% is a very conservative guess

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by kcDdegenerate View Post
    Purpose of the spread is to create a coin flip scenario for the public. Sharps find value in the opening lines every week and get good value on dogs at the end of the week.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

why do you post like everything you say is absolute? its annoying, maybe you wouldnt get so much "hate" then. Some people just have good feels/reads on teams regardless if the spread is 8 points or 1.5. I am unfortunately not one of them, and clearly neither are you. Also anyone can find specfic stats to support there pick, obviously there important but definitely not absolute. I personally really like TB this week, so theyre a definite tease, and prolly a small play on ML for me.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deol View Post
    why do you post like everything you say is absolute? its annoying, maybe you wouldnt get so much "hate" then. Some people just have good feels/reads on teams regardless if the spread is 8 points or 1.5. I am unfortunately not one of them, and clearly neither are you. Also anyone can find specfic stats to support there pick, obviously there important but definitely not absolute. I personally really like TB this week, so theyre a definite tease, and prolly a small play on ML for me.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Coin flip games have high value on either side.

With gambling it's Value vs Winning.

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

all 3 very close 95%..lol

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

well last week the titans/browns game was a -pk, and titans ended up whipping the browns' ass, ruining the teasers. i think colts luck in keeping these games close will run out and chiefs get a win.
    Did people actually pick the Browns last week?!? Haha. 2.16 for Titans I remember getting

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

LOL. You better be careful son, your ego will cost you and all your season will be a wash. Think about NFL is the parity, dont overlook SF, they SHOULD be 4-0 if not for romo crazy come back. Harbaugh brothers are pretty sick coaches. Also look at atl last week, they gave up and didnt cover at sea. Did Cinn beat buff? And didn't u get tapped on NE when Buff beat them? There are a lot of intangibles in NFL that you have to look at. Not lecturing, just keeping your ego in check...what the NFL givith, it most certainly take away. Just be careful...MM is key

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why Do People Here Bet On Coin Flip Games???

Value is in the eye of the beholder... Two skilled handicappers can look at the same game and decide that the opposite sides are solid plays, and each can have solid reasoning behind the pick. Obviously one will be right and one will be wrong, but this is the NFL, where the difference between the best and the worst teams is far less extreme than in any other pro sport.

If you take away all the games in which either team could win the game, then you're left laying -500 or more on MLs, and if you limit yourself to "locks", then its pretty safe to say that your skill as a handicapper is not something the books should ever be afraid of.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm talking about games like Kansas City @ Colts, San Fran vs Tampa and Cincinatti vs Jax

these are games that are 100% coin flip in terms of who covers, so why try to land on the right side of the coin instead of just teasing the dog and enjoying your free money?? (all 3 games will be very close probably 95% of the time)

for example, jacksonville has 1 home win in their last 48+ games by more than 8 points and they are starting a rookie QB against a solid defense. That game will be a 3 or 4 point game decided either way so why even sweat it?? In terms of the 49ers/Tampa, I can't even find the last time the 49ers beat a halfway decent team by more than 8 points, so why not just tease tampa and enjoy your free dough??? Tampa's gonna win that game or lose by one possession either way

it boggles my mind how so many people here seem to think to they have a legitimate advantage on these ridiculously evenly matched up games with super sharp lines
    BRAHMA WE ALL have our opinons on wats coin flip and whats not its simply a matter of opinion, stop makin threads like these it will save you from getting roasted

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18799

I thought CIN +3 (+100) early had value last week, as well as KC +2. It's a good point, but there is value in some pickk to +/-3 games.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Aren't they all basically coinflips? Oh wait I forgot about all those "locks" on the board

YoungGunKid
    YoungGunKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

edit

YoungGunKid
    YoungGunKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Cincinatti Vs. Jax is not a coin flip game...you have Cincy with the #1 rated overall d, solid offensive players in Benson,Gresham,and A.J. Green with a solid o-line against a Jags team that is reeling and only has 1 consistent offensive weapon in MJD and a rookie QB that up to this point has been atrocious at converting 3rd downs,with a mediocre team defense at best.

Not too mention its most likely going to rain during this game and typically that gives the team with the better defense a steeper advantage (Cincinatti).

Im not sure how you consider that a coin flip
    Last edited by YoungGunKid; 10-08-11 at 07:00 PM.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

When you're good at picking games, they're not considered "coin-flip" games.