t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Thinking about making a huge play on the Eagles

Yes I am from Philly but ask the forum members who know me and you will know I am unbiased with my opinions. On top of that, I've bet against the Birds 3 times already this year.

Here's the deal. All of Philadelphia is calling for Reid's head - and this isn't the first time. I am not an Andy Reid fan myself but the one thing that I've seen happen numerous times over his tenure is that when his teams look terrible and the whole world picks against them, he finally comes up with a really good gameplan and more importantly the team executes. I didn't see this team going to the Super Bowl because they have a lot of young players particularly on defense but I did think they would be a contender. Everyone loves Buffalo and rightfully so but when it's all said and done they aren't a playoff team.

Philadelphia will come into Buffalo knowing their season in on the line and will play a great game. We can all go back to fading them after this week but I really believe we're looking at a 31-17 type win for the Birds here.

No play yet for me but leaning towards making this my biggest NFL bet of the year.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

I'm on it for the reasons you laid out. The Eagles are finally @ fair value. I might add another 3 units on it.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got 700 on it right now.

I'll be a square and add some more eventually.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Got 700 on it right now. I'll be a square and add some more eventually.
    Eagles aren't square this week.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Eagles aren't square this week.

really?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

I tend to agree. Now you are fukked.

t-wizzle

really?
    Not this week. There's too many angry bettors who took the Eagles the first 4 weeks and went 1-3. There's still a few who will blindly take them but for the most part this one is going to have equal action.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No, your luck changes tonight

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

But doesn't everyone still expect the Eagles to win this game, although they started 1-3?

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

cool. make your own thread.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

Philadelphia will come into Buffalo knowing their season in on the line and will play a great game. We can all go back to fading them after this week but I really believe we're looking at a 31-17 type win for the Birds here.

No play yet for me but leaning towards making this my biggest NFL bet of the year.[/quote]

t-wizzle

But doesn't everyone still expect the Eagles to win this game, although they started 1-3?
    People don't know what to expect. That's the thing ngates - no one has any expectations. All they know is that the Eagles have disappointed and Buffalo looks great.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    People don't know what to expect. That's the thing ngates - no one has any expectations. All they know is that the Eagles have disappointed and Buffalo looks great.

I expect Eagles to put up a lead like new england did, but Vick won't throw 4 picks and the eagles will roll.

I still think Buffalo is trash. I'm sure plenty think like that...

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I expect Eagles to put up a lead like new england did, but Vick won't throw 4 picks and the eagles will roll. I still think Buffalo is trash. I'm sure plenty think like that...
    Not trash, but average. Certainly not as good as they've appeared so far. I like the Eagles as well.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love the Eagles in this spot.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

I keep going back to the well on this team. And Ill do it again this week... first half and for the game. I get hard-headed like that sometimes with certain teams. Ive used them 3 times during the regular season going 1 and 2. WEEK 1 vs Rams winner/ WEEK 2 vs Falcons big loser/ WEEK 4 vs SF (7 point 2 team tease...Philly -2.5 and pats* +1) big loser. So Ive been burned by them big time this year. But theyre not losing 4 in a row. As soft as their defense is playing right now they'll find a way to get it done this week. They know they absolutely have to win, if not those crazy philly fu*kers will burn their houses down and start rapping the women and children. As hot as it is right now in Philly that team knows what it needs to do. Their defense mans up this week in an absolute must must must win game

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Line seems out of whack, the Eagles would be favored by 9 at home?

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Bills win save your money

49erFan8280
    49erFan8280's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 950

I expect Eagles to put up a lead like new england did, but Vick won't throw 4 picks and the eagles will roll.

I still think Buffalo is trash. I'm sure plenty think like that...
    It's not Vick throwing picks that you have to worry about, It's the Eagles defense not throwing it away.

I'm on the Eagles myself, but not putting down a lot. Bills can hang in a high scoring game when their opponent doesn't play defense. The Bills run game isn't too bad either. This one should be a shootout.

I'm not sure who else is out for the eagles, but I know Trent Cole isn't playing this one.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Philly rolls. Unload.

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

i guess i'll start counting my money now.

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got a bad line when i took it right away

wtf spam, anyways got PHI -3 for $1725 to win $1500, -115 8 (
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="teamCell">
    </td><td class="selectCell">
    </td><td class="selectCell">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Last edited by dontbuythehook; 10-05-11 at 08:34 AM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

just take the ml. its only -136

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

Was prepared to may a big play on Philly, but concerned with Jason Peters and Trent Cole out and Dixon lost for year. Cole and Peters are their 2 best lineman. King Dunlap at Left Tackle is scary, maybe a small play for me.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

It's my biggest play of the yr thusfar

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by philswin View Post
    Was prepared to may a big play on Philly, but concerned with Jason Peters and Trent Cole out and Dixon lost for year. Cole and Peters are their 2 best lineman. King Dunlap at Left Tackle is scary, maybe a small play for me.
    Cole was a DE. Peters was on the o-line.

Also I think Babin has proven he is better then Cole this year. Babin has been dominate this year.
    I think our line is pretty deep it can survive without cole for one game. Babin and Jenkins still on the line.
    It sucks that Brandon Grahm is still out, he won't be back in till after the bye, he was last years first round pick. If he can stay healthy which is a question for him, he could be a pretty good DE. I liked what i saw from him in college and in the limited time I seen him play yesterday.

Jason Peters is a much bigger loss then Cole. 100 times bigger. Our O-line is bad already, and that is shocking for an Andy Reid Team. Reid likes to build his team around the o-line and the d-line. For years, the only players he would take in the first round were o-line men and d-line men. Our Rookies need to step up and play this week.

Hopefully Jason Peters can come back after the bye.
    Maybe we will do a lot of two sets this week, we are going to have to have extra protection with Peters out.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I'd tread carefully on playing Philly big for a bit. There's still obviously a lot of love for them and it shows in the spread this week. I don't think they've weathered the storm, yet. They have problems in critical areas on the team.

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Cole was a DE. Peters was on the o-line.

Also I think Babin has proven he is better then Cole this year. Babin has been dominate this year.
    I think our line is pretty deep it can survive without cole for one game. Babin and Jenkins still on the line.
    It sucks that Brandon Grahm is still out, he won't be back in till after the bye, he was last years first round pick. If he can stay healthy which is a question for him, he could be a pretty good DE. I liked what i saw from him in college and in the limited time I seen him play yesterday.

Jason Peters is a much bigger loss then Cole. 100 times bigger. Our O-line is bad already, and that is shocking for an Andy Reid Team. Reid likes to build his team around the o-line and the d-line. For years, the only players he would take in the first round were o-line men and d-line men. Our Rookies need to step up and play this week.

Hopefully Jason Peters can come back after the bye.
    Maybe we will do a lot of two sets this week, we are going to have to have extra protection with Peters out.
    Babin will be double-teamed now. Their other 2 backups DEs are coming back from injury (Parker, Tapp). They will miss Cole.
    King Dunlap is horrible and should not even be in the NFL. They are going to start Watkins this week, hope he can holdup. The O will rely on Vicks scrambling again

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey guys lets keep the bullshit talk to a minimun .... trying to make some money here and talk football.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Eagles here. You have to look at what the Bills will try to do. And that is pass the football. Eagles have an outstanding pass defense so this a very good matchup for them. Question is can the Eagles pussy ass linebackers stop the Bills running attack? probably not.

But.... the Eagles can't lose'em all right and the Bills are who we thought they were right? I mean this team can't continue to win and make the playoffs can they?

Is Desean jackson and Jeremy Maclin both 100% healthy for this game?

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Philly will not make the playoffs

TonyHoliday
    TonyHoliday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

As a good handicapper and eagles fan ur insane to take the birds in any spot especially this one. Rookie gaurd starting and cole out.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Fred Jackson probably goes for 140 yards and keeps Buffalo in it....they rally 2H (at home anyway) and Philly chokes 4Q so the only play I would consider here is the Over.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

eagles should win this game big. shut down johnson, make sure the TE chandler doesnt trick you. trent cole is a huge injury and changes how that team wanted to play defense but i definitely think eagles win this game. Mccoy is the man, macklins ok celek..what happened to young riley cooper? is he still playing for them? that secondary should be able to handle things with minimal assistance while they key on the rush-d game and pass rush game.

t-wizzle

just take the ml. its only -136
    It's probably the safe way to go.

123 Last