k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Are the Eagles going to Lose again This Week?

Books already getting off the 3, two overrated teams. Interesting game but tough to pick at this point.

Hoping for some bad weather in Buffalo but it looks like it will be nice.

Who's everyone like?

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

buffalo

jmush
    jmush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

buffalo showed thier true colors Sunday...a lot of pressure on Eagles right now I think they will step it up

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

As an Eagles fan I have no idea what too expect....this week....or any week

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Almost looks like a reverse trap, idk.

Will be cheering for the Bills, I don't think the public will get off the Eagles till they are 1-7 or something like that.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes.

They are going to lose to Buffalo.

Their best pass rusher and starting left tackle are both going to miss this game.

Juan Castillo is a joke of a defensive coordinator. He has only ever been a line coach and is in way over his head.

The Eagles defense is an embarrassment. Their offense is overrated. It has become a one man show starring Michael Vick.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Classic spot for an Eagles win. When they look like shit and people doubt them, Reid finally comes up with a solid gameplan and they execute. I don't think the Eagles will win anything this year but I've seen this scenario play out before time and time again. Philly might win this game convincingly.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5033

Better question is are the Eagles going to win another game this year.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Buffalo has come back to Earth, Eagles head up to Buffalo and walk away with a 7-10 point win. I think Vick has a field day with his legs.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Just take the over in this game.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Turning point in the season for both teams. Eagles rebound, Bills back to reality. PHI ML.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

I would have told you to bet PHI, but injuries to Cole and Peters are two BIG blows to this team. That's a big dip in quality to go along with questionable coaching. I think Juan Castillo's job is on the line, he's been brutal. It's the pink elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about in the PHI organization, but the inevitable is coming. Bad experiment gone all wrong.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Classic spot for an Eagles win. When they look like shit and people doubt them, Reid finally comes up with a solid gameplan and they execute. I don't think the Eagles will win anything this year but I've seen this scenario play out before time and time again. Philly might win this game convincingly.
    my thinking too

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

the bills quietly kick their ass. vick has trouble reading defenses, and the eagles defense can't stop the run. bills will intercept some pressured throws from michael vick.
    Last edited by face; 10-04-11 at 12:55 PM.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I don't think Buffalo is overrated...People are just excited to actual talk about them in a positive way.

jess40
    jess40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Eagles -3 got this.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I can't believe so many people still believe in this Eagles team. What are they watching?

This is a team that is a passing offense first and foremost with Vick just coming off of the best day he ever had passing-wise and they still couldn't win.

With a 20 point lead.

In their own stadium.

Against the 49ers.

Anyone who thinks they can stroll up to Buffalo, in an environment as tough as that, and come away with a win is just .

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    I can't believe so many people still believe in this Eagles team. What are they watching? This is a team that is a passing offense first and foremost with Vick just coming off of the best day he ever had passing-wise and they still couldn't win. With a 20 point lead. In their own stadium. Against the 49ers. Anyone who thinks they can stroll up to Buffalo, in an environment as tough as that, and come away with a win is just .
    All true, but I think the same can be said about BUF. This is a team that ranks near the bottom in D-line play, yardage, 3rd down defense, and red zone play. Does anybody here think that Fitzpatrick can morph into Brady or Rodgers every week and outscore people? Look what happened to him last week when he finally faced a competent defense.

This game has all the makings of a shootout and plenty of mistakes from both sides..

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

better games on the board, PASS

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    All true, but I think the same can be said about BUF. This is a team that ranks near the bottom in D-line play, yardage, 3rd down defense, and red zone play. Does anybody here think that Fitzpatrick can morph into Brady or Rodgers every week and outscore people? Look what happened to him last week when he finally faced a competent defense.

This game has all the makings of a shootout and plenty of mistakes from both sides..

Buffalo has wins against the Patriots and Raiders and the Eagles have beaten who?

You want to talk stats? How about these...

1. Through four games, the Eagles' linebacking corps has zero sacks, zero interceptions, zero forced fumbles and zero fumble recoveries.

2. Philadelphia leads the league in red zone opportunities, with 21 trips inside the 20. Yet its TD percentage is 23rd, with just eight of those chances finishing in the end zone. They've gotten points from those 21 chances just 76.2 percent of the time. That's the sixth-worst mark in the NFL.

3. Their red zone defense is even worse. They're last in TD percentage, allowing eight in 10 chances. They join Cincinnati and Cleveland as the only teams to allow points every time an opponent has gotten inside the 20.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iggles ****** me last weekend, had them in huge tease with the pats*. It was eagles -2.5 vs. sf and ne* +1 at raiders. I was counting my money at halftime because i was sure the pats* would win the afternoon game vs the raiders just not sure by how much. Then philly ****** me in the 4th again (just like in the atl game). **** that soft team

bobbyk1133

Buffalo has wins against the Patriots and Raiders and the Eagles have beaten who? You want to talk stats? How about these... 1. Through four games, the Eagles' linebacking corps has zero sacks, zero interceptions, zero forced fumbles and zero fumble recoveries. 2. Philadelphia leads the league in red zone opportunities, with 21 trips inside the 20. Yet its TD percentage is 23rd, with just eight of those chances finishing in the end zone. They've gotten points from those 21 chances just 76.2 percent of the time. That's the sixth-worst mark in the NFL. 3. Their red zone defense is even worse. They're last in TD percentage, allowing eight in 10 chances. They join Cincinnati and Cleveland as the only teams to allow points every time an opponent has gotten inside the 20.
    I didn't dispute anything you said about PHI. I was just pointing out that BUF have big problems on defense despite their record. The win column isn't as important as you're insinuating when capping games. Within the games themselves, PHI has dominated play in a lot of them, while BUF has been getting dominated. Both should be praised and criticized for the final result, but I have no illusions about BUF. Good teams maintain a 14 point lead against CIN and close it out--BUF ain't there yet.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

If anything Iggles first half. This philly team folds late in games

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Buffalo has come back to Earth, Eagles head up to Buffalo and walk away with a 7-10 point win. I think Vick has a field day with his legs.
    Agree, Vick will go back to his old days of run first then pass. Hard to say a must win for the Eagles this early, but with the Giants and Redskins sitting at 3-1 they do need this game.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I donm't understand why you guys are staying Vick has to go back to his old days of run first. That is not something he is going to do, or even be thought about. The guy just had a 400 yard game yesterday.
    With Jason Peters missing i expect to see a more displined offensive plan, with designed screen plays to jackson and mccoy short slant routes, and a lot of running from brown and mccoy.

This Eagles team is much much better then Buffalo, the record may tell a different story, but how many times in a row can the eagles fumble on the 1 yard line...

As long as Vick finishes the eagles win.

PStrangers
    PStrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 629

The Eagles offensive line has been terrible so far this year, and now Jason Peters is out on hamstring injury. Cole is also out. The Bills beat New England, and this one is interesting since New England's defense is terrible. I haven't been impressed with the eagles defense, so I see no reason why the bills will get stopped.

For those of use who like to follow line movements, the line opened at Eagles -3, according to vegas insider 67% of the money is on the Eagles, but many books dropped the line to -2.5 or -2. I never like to take favorites who's lines drop, despite more money flowing into them.

stikymess

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    I donm't understand why you guys are staying Vick has to go back to his old days of run first. That is not something he is going to do, or even be thought about. The guy just had a 400 yard game yesterday. With Jason Peters missing i expect to see a more displined offensive plan, with designed screen plays to jackson and mccoy short slant routes, and a lot of running from brown and mccoy. This Eagles team is much much better then Buffalo, the record may tell a different story, but how many times in a row can the eagles fumble on the 1 yard line... As long as Vick finishes the eagles win.
    Vick also ran for 75 yards stopper, at this point I think he is feeling the pressure, the QB gets the blame regardless, I mean the Eagle D had no business giving up 24 points to a 49er team period.

Stopper friendly wager? I say Vick goes over 99 yards rushing, you take the under, say for 15 points?

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

I want to take Buf +3 really bad but I refuse to lay -120

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    Vick also ran for 75 yards stopper, at this point I think he is feeling the pressure, the QB gets the blame regardless, I mean the Eagle D had no business giving up 24 points to a 49er team period.

Stopper friendly wager? I say Vick goes over 99 yards rushing, you take the under, say for 15 points?
    hmm. interesting let me think about that. i don't think they are going to design runs for him, but with peters out i think he might have to run to escape pressure. does he break a long run, i don't know.

i would be more interested into how many 'carries' he has. pick a fair number for that and i am in for 15.

stikymess

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    I want to take Buf +3 really bad but I refuse to lay -120
    At 5dimes you can get them at +1 for +105 or +113 ml.

stikymess

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    hmm. interesting let me think about that. i don't think they are going to design runs for him, but with peters out i think he might have to run to escape pressure. does he break a long run, i don't know. i would be more interested into how many 'carries' he has. pick a fair number for that and i am in for 15.
    Hmm, how do you feel about 10.5 carries? I honestly think he takes off 11 or 12 times.

calmeat
    calmeat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1849

Buf wins, The matchups are no good for the birds. Fred jackson may have the biggest game of his carreer. Not only is peters out and cole but our best "Run stopper" is out for the season. So we suck stopping the run and our best run stopper is out and jackson is tearing it up this year = BAD NEWS for the birds, i love them but thier coaching is horrible. Why play this wide 9 D? Washburn used this technique in Tenn so it should work with eagles right...WRONG!!!!! Wide-9 D is great when the opposing team is dropping back to pass all the time, but why would you drop back and pass against this D the teams will run and with the huge hole on either end (DE line up outside O tackles and rush hard upfield making a possible huge hole to run through) combine that with our little linebackers who get creamed from a pulling guard = 200 yds easy for freddy jax. Eagles should send gifts to the phillies front office becuase they are the only thing keeping us fans attention somewhere else, but that will end and heads will roll in the eagles. (Sorry for the rant)

So again BUF. Unless news comes out that the D is switching to man coverage and they are gonna start blitzing.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

I can't believe so many people still believe in this Eagles team. What are they watching?

This is a team that is a passing offense first and foremost with Vick just coming off of the best day he ever had passing-wise and they still couldn't win.

With a 20 point lead.

In their own stadium.

Against the 49ers.

Anyone who thinks they can stroll up to Buffalo, in an environment as tough as that, and come away with a win is just .
    what are you watching? the eagles are a few retarded mental mistakes and costly 4th quarer injury to their qb from being 4-0... yes they have problems to fix, but you fix one or two of them and this team is 4-0 being talked about as one of the top teams in football

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by calmeat View Post
    Buf wins, The matchups are no good for the birds. Fred jackson may have the biggest game of his carreer. Not only is peters out and cole but our best "Run stopper" is out for the season. So we suck stopping the run and our best run stopper is out and jackson is tearing it up this year = BAD NEWS for the birds, i love them but thier coaching is horrible. Why play this wide 9 D? Washburn used this technique in Tenn so it should work with eagles right...WRONG!!!!! Wide-9 D is great when the opposing team is dropping back to pass all the time, but why would you drop back and pass against this D the teams will run and with the huge hole on either end (DE line up outside O tackles and rush hard upfield making a possible huge hole to run through) combine that with our little linebackers who get creamed from a pulling guard = 200 yds easy for freddy jax. Eagles should send gifts to the phillies front office becuase they are the only thing keeping us fans attention somewhere else, but that will end and heads will roll in the eagles. (Sorry for the rant)

So again BUF. Unless news comes out that the D is switching to man coverage and they are gonna start blitzing.
    What??? cole is by far not our best run stopper and he will most likely be back after the bye... noway for the season... where do you guys get your info??

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

If "if's" & "and's" were pots & pans......Too many what if's dude! Fact remains that "your" Eagles are not 4-0 they are 1-3. They are not being talked about as one of the top teams in football, they are being talked about as one of the most overrated teams in football. You sound like a delusional Cleveland fan w/ all the "what ifs." Your overrated QB hasn't got your overrated team into the endzone in the 4th Q yet this yr. That's not a sign of "one of the best teams in football." Now back to your kool-aid....

12 Last