No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Broncos +4.5/+180 vs. Chargers

Denver coming off a blowout loss, San Diego "rolling" at 3-1 without one of their typical early-season disasters -- I think this might be the best play on the board this week.

Also like Bills +3 vs. Philly and Carolina +6 vs. New Orleans.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

whats your record no con

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

I like the panthers too, giants/Seahawks under and broncos/chargers over as well.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

I like the Chargers here, don't really see any logic in betting on something "typical" from past years happening in a certain game this year. Also, they sort of already chocked away the Patriots game, not a disaster, but that was a big loss for a team that wants to contend. If they want to and can contend, which looks like they can in the AFC this year, they need to win this division game and I expect them to pretty handily against a flawed Denver team.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

anyone else like the 49ers -2.5 at home vs. the buccaneers?

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

I like broncos as well...

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I like your carolina and buffalo plays a lot more than this one

denver has looked really terrible recently and they lost by 21 against san diego last year

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Books just juicing favs more I thing the broncos are the right side

mattsolt8228
    mattsolt8228's Avatar Become A Pro!

saints are going to kill carolina

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Chargers won't lose, Rivers own Denver, and they are the only ones in the game with a defense

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah honestly no con I think you are over thinking this one.... can't imagine the Chargers losing to the Broncos.

In my opinion Broncos are one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL talent wise

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Chargers won't lose, Rivers own Denver, and they are the only ones in the game with a defense

I agree, chargers look like a different team this year - they're not making the same mistakes they have usually made in the past and their special teams play seems to be much improved

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Denver coming off a blowout loss, San Diego "rolling" at 3-1 without one of their typical early-season disasters -- I think this might be the best play on the board this week.

I disagree with the Broncos. Denver is coming off a blowout loss, yes, however we're not talking about a strong team that had a bad day here. They're a bottom 5 team that just got whipped by the defending champions. I think the SD -4 line is very fair so we're not getting much out of it in terms of value, however Denver doesn't have much of a running game and I really doubt Orten is going to be able to get anything going against the SD secondary. I'll be very surprised if the Broncos will be able to hang with the Chargers.

Also, I like the Eagles here. I've played the Eagles and Colts ML so far for the week, but nothing else is jumping off the board at me, except maybe the Cardinals

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think the iggles will beat the bills also

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Phillips Rivers is an elite quarterback that can do game winning 4th quarter drives. Kyle Orton is not in the same league. The Chargers defense is better than the Broncos in my opinion.

The last time the Broncos defeated the Chargers was when the Broncos defense caused 5 sacks on Phillip Rivers.

covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2009-2010/boxscore26465.html
    Last edited by GunShard; 10-05-11 at 05:25 AM.

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says
    TehSharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

yeah, I don't see either the Panthers or Broncos covering, the Line for SD/DEN has move down to 3.5. Even if Rivers is going to be throwing to high school WRs I think he can take them to a four point win

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unless you played this right when the line came out then you most likely got +3.5 or +4. I got +4.5 a while ago . Taking the moneyline is ill-advised tho, just getting greedy as **** imo

reedy
    reedy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2417

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    I also think Cincy +1.5 is a strong play. I think SD wins by a TD here though.

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    The last time the Broncos defeated the Chargers was when the Broncos defense caused 5 sacks on Phillip Rivers. covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2009-2010/boxscore26465.html
    Denver will be healthy on defense for the first time all year. Miller and Dumerville will cause a lot of problems for Rivers. I love that stat because one i was at that game and two i think the same exact thing is going to happen in this game. For those of you that don't know Rivers does not throw well under pressure and he will make mistakes. This is a fg game.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

chargers win

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by dodger33 View Post
    Denver will be healthy on defense for the first time all year. Miller and Dumerville will cause a lot of problems for Rivers. I love that stat because one i was at that game and two i think the same exact thing is going to happen in this game. For those of you that don't know Rivers does not throw well under pressure and he will make mistakes. This is a fg game.
    Rivers has the best passer rating against blitzes

jess40
    jess40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Chargers -4

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

I'm already on the Broncos ML.

Good luck NC.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Diego for me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I'm already on the Broncos ML.

Good luck NC.

The fact that almost everyone hates this play but you and RR love it is enough for me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

This is my only NFL bet tomorrow.

I leaned Vikes, Eagles, Raiders, Panthers, Niners and Bengals, but nothing else.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm from San Diego, with that said, the Chargers are a different team this year, you have no idea what kind of dividends have Takeo "The Neck" Spikes has had on our defense including Bob Sanders until he got a hang-nail and went on IR. Quentin Jammer is one of the best corners if the AFC, and Cason is catching up considerably. Despite what happened in New England the Chargers have been pretty stout on D, and its even debatable to say the Chargers were competitive that game, 4 turnovers were costly, but the Chargers moved the ball efficiently. Ryan Matthews is coming of age in his 2nd year. With that all said, you can make the argument that Kansas City played well against the Chargers, but that was a divisional game, and the Chiefs (and even the Raiders of 5 years ago) played us well @ least once a year, 2nd normally resulted in a blowout. Chargers are still the class of the AFC West, Raiders have improved considerably but Denver is going to be a bottom scraper this year. The game tomorrow will be cold, and obviously we know the Chargers have struggled in the cold (@ Bengals upset last year), but the Broncos won't be able to keep pace with the Chargers offense - believe it or not- but the run game will be effective tomorrow. I think Phillip Rivers will right the ship on a slow start to his year, and the defense will shut down the Broncos WRs, the only concern with the Chargers defense is their tight end coverage.

Rivers > Orton 75% of the time. Even then I'd buy a point @ -3, -2 1/2 because the game will be close. Line sitting @ 3 1/2 at BetOnline.com.

Chargers -3.

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

This is my only NFL bet tomorrow. I leaned Vikes, Eagles, Raiders, Panthers, Niners and Bengals, but nothing else.
    I like everything on your list except Eagles. I think Eagles is overrated (just like their cousin Phillies). Bills were able to took care of NE, and Oakland at home, shouldn't have any problem to take care Eagles today. Eagles have only 1 win since the season opener against bottom feeder Rams. If you believe in "bounce back" theory then I can see why you are on Eagles.
    I will be on Buffalo myself.
    Denver, Bills, Titan, Vikings, Carolina are my play. Really like Falcon, but betting against Roger is like suicide at this time.
    GL

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

-3.5 at my book, only being juiced -105.

bought it down to 2.5 - love the value here. yeah its a let down spot but im confident this SD team is different then the one of years past.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is coming from me ok.. the biggest broncos fan on the board. Don't do it bro. I cant back this team with my money until they prove they can stop the pass. They can't and they will get lit up. They will score some today, but this is the first home game back after getting blown out a couple games. Look for the teabow crowd to be out and orton to be trying to overdo it
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave wtt0315 28 SBR Point(s) for this post.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    Nope I don't like it. Staying away from an ATS play on this game and decided to play the Bucs TT Over20

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47513

Chargers have too much offense for the donks

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Still +4.5 at Bodog if you're interested.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

I wouldnt say the Chargers are rolling. A lot of fans here in San Diego are still not happy with their performance. A near loss to KC and Mia played them tough and who knows what would of happened if Henne didnt go down early in the game. Everyone waiting for the Chargers breakout game, this may be it.

Keelo
    Keelo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Chargers are not that good. All the games they won were at home and against opponents that have a total of 1 win through week 4. Miami, Kansas City and Minnesota. Those games were all pretty close also. Could be a break out day for Rivers though.

123 Last