ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

colts / bucs MNF - pass defense

just a quick note since everyone i've heard on here says the colts will get exposed / beat thru the air by the bucs

bucs have played:

detroit - # 12 against the pass
    minnesota - #28 against the pass
    atlanta - #24 against the pass

they lost to detroit and put up 20 points (259 total passing yards)
    they won against minnesota and put up 24 points (230 total passing yards)
    they won against atlanta and put up 16 points (180 total passing yards)

colts rank #19 against the pass / bucs rank #21

colts have played against some teams who feast on stopping the pass - houston #10, cleveland #4 and pittsburgh #1

i consider those teams pretty tough to get any rythem on offensive going.

if you look at the competition the bucs have played, they didnt really play against premiere teams with great D and definately didnt "light up" any of them. They scored the most (24 points) against minnesota but that team is in the dumps atm.

if anyone thinks the colts don't show up tonight will get a big surprise. It's a Monday nighter and the colts have many weapons. especially on D where they will cause freeman to pass quickly.

if colts can establish a good run (which they can since the bucs are over #20 in run d) then pressure will be limited to painter who will not force any throws tonight. look for quick slants and screens. I think they definately have a huge weakness in there QB but it can only be better since we saw the worst of it the past few weeks with collins at the helm.

bucs will not have it easy tonight and I promise you that the colts will be just as fired up as they are come kick off.

take colts +11

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

Totally agree man. Lets Cash This

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Nice write up.............. Bucs, home on Monday night,under the lights,and needing a win to stay a top their division,with a young 6 foot 6 inch QB, with a shotgun arm, and good mobility,this guys just coming into his own,and will be looking to make a statement tonight,The Bucs remember what Manning's done to them the last 3 meetings....Its Payback Time ..The Bucs were 10-6 last year,and are a team on their way up,the Colts are getting old,and a first timer at QB "He's NEVER started a game in the NFL,wait until he gets a load of that FRESH speed for the first time,I'd look for a couple turnovers in the 1st half by your boy Painter,to much noise,to much presure,to much speed,to much to handle in your 1st game..... Bucs get it done TB - 9.5
    Last edited by House; 10-03-11 at 02:14 PM.

ridims

hey no better for colts to beat tampa bay on the road on monday night prime time to prove everyone that they are still for real

this will be a huge win for them

they almost did it sunday night against the steelers and pittsburgh aint no push overs like some people on here say they are.

i'm just surprised at some of the comments on here especially about how bad the colts D is. really stupid to say that they will get destroyed by a team who hasnt beat up on anyone yet this year.

btd
    btd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6822

Thanx for the writeup leaning to Colts myself.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

staying away from this one after reading all these write ups, both sides sounds intriguing

ridims

I like our chances
    Colts establishing a good rush and playing some good d as expected

ridims

Told ya so?

How bout that great buc defense?

ridims

cha ching

easy money. on to the next