birdman24
    birdman24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15432

Somebody tell me why I shouldn't hammer NE this week!

NE -4 coming off a loss. When was the last time Brady lost 2 in a row? I know there coming all the way to the west coast, but this is the Pats and the raiders who look like a pretty descent team, just beat the jets are in a perfect spot for a letdown. I think Pats Roll!!

PATS -4
    LOCK OF THE YEAR

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

oakland is a good team with a potent offense. Stay away from sides and just play the over

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

Are you being serious? have you even taken a look at the pats defensive stats? not to mention against the run????.. have you bothered taking a look at the raiders and their run game?

what i'm most surprised about is you not yelling This is Free Money next to the locks.

F'n retard.

cant stand ppl that post these movie role write ups about games. do some real H.W kiddo.

birdman24
    birdman24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15432

Actually, I'm a raiders fan and have watched every game! If the pats stop the run, Which they are 10th in the league in. The raiders will lose. They will fall behind early and NE won't look back. Raiders have young receivers and a young o line. And I don't think the raiders d can hang with Brady and company all game!! Don't get me wrong, I'd love for the raiders to win outright, but business is business and NE -4 looks good to me. Gonna take NE ML too!!

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

POUND IT!!!

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Pats f*cked me on Sunday... really bad (no vaseline)

I had a 7 team parlay to win $2000 and the only team to fail me were the Pats... F*CK you Brady

But as much as i hate to say this... the Pats will be a great pick this week.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

I would stay away from this one. First glance will tell you put the house on NE moneyline, but I just think it's a high risk situation. Oakland has played really well up to this point. They have a physical running game and a physical defense. But they are still an unknown until they can prove it week in and week out. I think both of these teams are too volatile to place a wager on.

A better bet would be on a team like Cleveland this week.

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Don't touch it dude. This really has the chance to go every way possible. Right now, giving up more than a feild goal for ANY team playing in Oakland is not a good idea.

Put your roll on the Lions and Packers moneyline. Slightly more of a lock there.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by EBDOGGN View Post
    Are you being serious? have you even taken a look at the pats defensive stats? not to mention against the run????.. have you bothered taking a look at the raiders and their run game?

what i'm most surprised about is you not yelling This is Free Money next to the locks.

F'n retard.

cant stand ppl that post these movie role write ups about games. do some real H.W kiddo.
    Oh really? Because I can't stand people who think looking at stats is "doing real homework"

Stats don't tell the story. Only way to know how a team performs is by watching the games

eap9245
    eap9245's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by birdman24 View Post
    Actually, I'm a raiders fan and have watched every game! If the pats stop the run, Which they are 10th in the league in. The raiders will lose. They will fall behind early and NE won't look back. Raiders have young receivers and a young o line. And I don't think the raiders d can hang with Brady and company all game!! Don't get me wrong, I'd love for the raiders to win outright, but business is business and NE -4 looks good to me. Gonna take NE ML too!!
    The only reason that the Pats are 10th in the league vs. the run is because they get into a shootout with every single team. They have allowed 21+ points in 3 straight games.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8142

Because McFadden is a beast and the Raiders are at home. We really don't know who the Raiders are this year, but they have shown that they can be a tough team to deal with. Too unpredictable this early in the season for them and I would stay away from it. If you want to play the Pats that bad, play the ML.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

The heavy action comin' in on OAK confuses me too. OAK have a good chance thanks to their running game and D-line, but I think Brady/Belichick's track record speaks for itself. OAK's secondary is garbage and Huff has a concussion. Also how much confidence do you have in Campbell? I'm very tempted to grab NE -3.5, but if I can buy down to -3 at a reasonable price I'm on it.

Perception is skewing this game more than any other on the board this week.

chankng
    chankng's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14483

just do this simple comparison... Jets D >>>> Pats D, and if raiders can run over jets, pats wont be able to stop them... Offensively no trouble for pats, but if brady gets shaken like last week at buffalo this game will end sooner. plus pats D has been given up to much points lately... against miami they have relatively given up a lot of points, and miami doesnt even have a running game anymore. so -4 is really a 50/50 bet...if u feel lucky than take it, but sure thing is that its not a easy game to cap..

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet your childrens children on the pats ML and monday you will wake up with twice as many grandkids!!!!

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

NE, if you decide to tease, take NE and the Under.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

one of the things to consider is whether the raiders will run the ball if they fall behind by 2 tds ......

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
    The Pats f*cked me on Sunday... really bad (no vaseline)

I had a 7 team parlay to win $2000 and the only team to fail me were the Pats... F*CK you Brady

But as much as i hate to say this... the Pats will be a great pick this week.
    wow

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

NE defense cant stop anybody
    gave up 24 points to that shit offense in Miami
    SD could have scored 34+ points on them if they hadnt turned the ball over so much in NE territory

I thought Belidick was a defensive genius, so many fukking picks in the draft and his defense is still shit, in fact NE has not had a defense since this koksuker stopped cheating

I like the over, dont give a fukk about the side

NE is 16-4 ats on the road after a loss but they had won 15 straight vs BUF too
    Last edited by Scorpion; 09-29-11 at 02:56 AM.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1768

Tease the Over.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Sheesh. A team going from coast to coast on the road, layin chalk and comin off a tough division loss going up against a team that's playing damn good football and can pound the rock all day. What's not to LOVE about NE in this game?
    Oak is the superior play, but there's noooo way I'm touching this one.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    one of the things to consider is whether the raiders will run the ball if they fall behind by 2 tds ......

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    NE defense cant stop anybody
    gave up 24 points to that shit offense in Miami
    SD could have scored 34+ points on them if they hadnt turned the ball over so much in NE territory
    L
    I thought Belidick was a defensive genius, so many fukking picks in the draft and his defense is still shit, in fact NE has not had a defense since this koksuker stopped cheating

I like the over, dont give a fukk about the side

NE is 16-4 ats on the road after a loss but they had won 15 straight vs BUF too

More delusional nonsense from the resident Pats hater.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I think you could throw out the Pats' and Brady's great stats off of a loss in the past because this is probably the worst defense New England has had since Brady has been there. Now don't get me wrong, Brady will be a lot more focused after the 4 INTs last week. But the Patriots' defense can't stop a head cold, and McFadden should have another big game. That should even allow Campbell to do OK. Now Oakland can't stop the run either, but that won't matter much vs. the NE offense. The key is Oakland's pass defense has been gone (better than I expected with Asomugha gone) and they have a very good pass rush. I lean Raiders, but not sure if I like them quite enough.

bobbyk1133

Interesting that early $$ came in fading NE at +6/+5.5, but NE -4 was the 3rd most popular pick in the Hilton Contest.

I'm going to kick myself for not jumping on NE when I had the chance, but this matchup messed with my head. I agree with others that OAK will be in trouble if they fall behind by 2 scores. For whatever reason I can't get over the potential mismatch with OAK D-line vs NE O-line. We all saw what happened when they went up against a good D-line vs DET (albeit was preseason).

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I think you could throw out the Pats' and Brady's great stats off of a loss in the past because this is probably the worst defense New England has had since Brady has been there. Now don't get me wrong, Brady will be a lot more focused after the 4 INTs last week. But the Patriots' defense can't stop a head cold, and McFadden should have another big game. That should even allow Campbell to do OK. Now Oakland can't stop the run either, but that won't matter much vs. the NE offense. The key is Oakland's pass defense has been gone (better than I expected with Asomugha gone) and they have a very good pass rush. I lean Raiders, but not sure if I like them quite enough.

raiders pass defense is not good bro, they don't have a single CB back there that I consider a top 25 CB in the league

brady could easily throw for 400 and 5 TDs this week

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    Interesting that early $$ came in fading NE at +6/+5.5, but NE -4 was the 3rd most popular pick in the Hilton Contest. I'm going to kick myself for not jumping on NE when I had the chance, but this matchup messed with my head. I agree with others that OAK will be in trouble if they fall behind by 2 scores. For whatever reason I can't get over the potential mismatch with OAK D-line vs NE O-line. We all saw what happened when they went up against a good D-line vs DET (albeit was preseason).

NE O-line is the best in football, don't let a silly preseason game change your mind

Brady should throw at least 3-4 TDs in this one

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    NE O-line is the best in football, don't let a silly preseason game change your mind Brady should throw at least 3-4 TDs in this one
    Yes they are good, but only a handful of teams have a D-line capable of getting the kind of push needed vs Brady. When he gets pressured he is no longer Tom Brady. He becomes just like every other mediocre QB feeling the heat.

brahmabull117

Yes they are good, but only a handful of teams have a D-line capable of getting the kind of push needed vs Brady. When he gets pressured he is no longer Tom Brady. He becomes just like every other mediocre QB feeling the heat.

did you see the patriots offensive line last year against the steelers (team with the best pass rush in football)???

I'm telling you, if the pats offensive line plays like they usually play in the regular season (post season is a huge difference), then brady will have all day to throw like he usually does

bobbyk1133

did you see the patriots offensive line last year against the steelers (team with the best pass rush in football)??? I'm telling you, if the pats offensive line plays like they usually play in the regular season (post season is a huge difference), then brady will have all day to throw like he usually does
    You may be right. They also have the ability to play no-huddle and if they get OAK's defense off balance it could be over quickly because they don't have the secondary to matchup. Huff is also questionable with a concussion.

brahmabull117

You may be right. They also have the ability to play no-huddle and if they get OAK's defense off balance it could be over quickly because they don't have the secondary to matchup. Huff is also questionable with a concussion.

this will be a college football type 38-35 game

bobbyk1133

this will be a college football type 38-35 game
    The 'over' has been by far and away the biggest play on this game. It wasn't too long ago that people automatically played the under on a 50+ total. Now people don't think twice about playing the 'over'!

brahmabull117

The 'over' has been by far and away the biggest play on this game. It wasn't too long ago that people automatically played the under on a 50+ total. Now people don't think twice about playing the 'over'!

the fact that patriots can play a game with 56-62 points against 2 low scoring/good defensive teams like the chargers and dolphins is pretty incredible

I don't know how much longer vegas will allow Patriots over backers to get away with free money. The line for this game should be 58-60 minimum

this patriots team is the greatest OVER team Ive ever seen in football... they have just an amazing offense with some of the best personell in years to go along with just a terrible defense

I think by game 6-7, patriots will be getting 60-70 point totals

Blutarski
    Blutarski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

The Patriots cannot beat top teams anymore. I like the under.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarski View Post
    I like the under.

if mark sanchez can throw for 350 yards, 24 points and a 93 QB rating against Oakland, how many points do you think a pissed off Tom Brady will produce???

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because the Raiders can effectively pressure Brady and they can also control the clock with that rushing game.

12 Last