Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Really Diggin the Lions, but can they keep the streak going?

After watching Dallas Monday Night "Field Goal Frenzy", I think Detroit could in fact keep the streak alive, especially if Dallas starts Center and "Snap Happy" Phil Costas, that looked like he was trying really hard to lose his Starting job...

All in all, I am still very impressed to have seen Romo on the field after having a lung punctured in week 2, he's less of a girly girl to me now... I think I've bumped him up from girly girl to girly boy...

Either way I like Detroit, but things have been so weird lately in the NFL with the Bills 3-0 (after beating the Patriots and going 1-19 overall win/loss ratio games played against the Patriots), Lions 3-0 and Colts 0-3, so who knows what the hell can happen week 4...

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Man I love Football!!!! Week 4 is important for a lot of teams. The MN at KC matchup looks interesting to me. Going MN first half for sure. Can't trust Minny in second half for obvious reasons.

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Dude I had high hopes for Minny this year with McFlabb, but it's the same ol thing, nothing new... They will start to Run the ball a bit more and they might start to run on the 1st half of the game, so I'd be careful with that bet...

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Dude I had high hopes for Minny this year with McFlabb, but it's the same ol thing, nothing new... They will start to Run the ball a bit more and they might start to run on the 1st half of the game, so I'd be careful with that bet...
    It's kind of entertaining to watch the Vikes completely go belly up in the second halves. Just unreal. Some of it has to be conditioning.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Snap was wash dline calling the snap. That being said, I think it will be close but Detroit loses.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24558

On Tuesday morning Mike and Mike (ESPN radio) commented the Skins were pulling that BS on Dallas. That's what was causing the unexpected snaps to Romo. We'll see if NFL does anything about it.

I really like Detroit in this game. Dallas is lost. Did you see their WRs running around like a local Pop Warner team (no offense to Pop)? Detroit seems to be getting it together.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Snap was wash dline calling the snap. That being said, I think it will be close but Detroit loses.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Ya this one is a no play bet for me because i have bean watching and waiting for Detroit to do this for years and Dallas has talent and could win as well good game to watch not bet

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

i think this is one of the toughest games on the board. wouldnt be surprised if it went either way. will be rooting against the cowboys as always but i dont think i would bet either team in this spot.

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

tough call homie, i like detroit in a close one though

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8214

Resilience will only take the cowboys so far, sure the entire media world is all over Romo's nuts, but Dallas really isn't that good of a team from anything they have showed on the field thus far. The only team in the NFL that winning close games to mediocre teams makes you a contender. Played really well against the Jets, but they were healthy then. They could easily be 0-3.

They are running into a freight train with alot to prove in this Detroit team. Game may be close for awhile but Detroit will be too much come the final score IMO.

spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

going to pound the Lions the next week, home against the Bears on Monday Night Football. Hopefully Stafford stays healthy against the Cowboys.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

They will beat dallas this week.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Agreed-DET should be the more likely team this week.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

I'm a diehard Cowboy fan and even I think DET is probably the play here. Although if Dallas was healthy it would be a completely different story.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2421

Like Det in this spot also but decided to open a 7pt teaser when they were a +1 dog so I've them at +8. Really liked how they came back last week on the road in Minny when down by 20...

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I had 8-10 wins projected for them this year. It's pretty shocking. The front office is terrible, if not one of the worst in the NFL right now and Frazier and his staff are making TERRIBLE decisions. Last week's debacle is squarly on Frazier. That's the kind of game that can and should cost you your job. Well done by the Lions, for sure.

Onto the OP. I'm really surprised Dallas has the record they do, Detriot, on the other hand, is right around where I figured they'd be. Dallas is not a good football team. They are VERY lucky to have any wins right now. In fact, they probably should have 0. The 9rs and Skins have done just about everything possible to make sure the Cowboys won. I'm really surprised at how unprepared Dallas looks and how un-ready to play they are. No wonder Romo looks for Witten every time he drops back. They're the only 2 guys that know what the hell is going on.

Incidentally, this should be a good matchup. To close of a ball game to decide. I favor Detroit only just, they are a much better football team... It's just too hard to say, though, because Detroit is on the road again.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1494

Dallas lack of finish will kill them in this game. Can they open it up if they get behind by 2 scores?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Leaning Dallas.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Deuce lions lose so much we just think its a phase but I think Lions are the real deal. If Dallas is healthy theyll win but I don't think they are and detroit has turned into a rough grind it out team.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I think this becomes another ugly game, both QB's will be facing some fearsome pass rushes. Neither team has shown much ability to run the ball consistently and each team's defense have done well against the run. I think Detroit has the edge based on the health of the Cowboys, but it comes down to the defense for both teams and which one can force the turnovers.