lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Glad my good buddy iflodi is on bills boys, so glad actually

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Pats all the way.. Fukk the raiders.. piece of shit team..

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

people watch too much ESPN here.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Pats should be favored by 7 over the Raiders. If they were favored by 7 over Buffalo, and Buffalo beat the Raiders, why are the Pats only favored by 4? The Raiders are 3 points better than the Bills, because that's what this spread is really saying.
    Lines aren't made like this. A team lower in power rankings can easily beat a team above them if they have favorable matchups. Each game should be looked at on its own merit.

People are getting a little carried away fading NE in this spot. All this talk about NE's defense is legit, but last time I checked OAK doesn't exactly have the steel curtain either. The current line is VERY enticing for NE....

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Basically -4 is the biggest pussy number a book can post.
    Translation - The books got this number exactly right and foiled what I planned to do.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post

I agree
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: daimoshokage

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Wtf are you talking about?

flipside2469
    flipside2469's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 278

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Since when was east to west a factor?
    Only West to East is a usually a factor, because West coast people are not use to getting up that early in the morning when heading out east.

Now a late Monday or Sunday night game for an East Coast team in the west might be an impact, since those players are use to playing that late.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Wtf are you talking about?
    they are fukking overachieving.. if you love the raiders so much why not go all-in on Raiders ML..

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Oakland should win AFC west

SCRAGGS
    The toe is back
    SCRAGGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Only West to East is a usually a factor, because West coast people are not use to getting up that early in the morning when heading out east.

Now a late Monday or Sunday night game for an East Coast team in the west might be an impact, since those players are use to playing that late.

does not apply here, Pats play only two 1:00 games all year, played on
    monday night against the fins, and played 4:00 against the chargers.
    last week was the first 1:00 and the second to last for the year.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Translation - The books got this number exactly right and foiled what I planned to do.
    no because I dont bet spreads.

I just have watched books for about 25 years do what they do. Theyre like women you sort of have an idea but you really never know. Posting a 4 on a game is like a women asking you if she should get her hair done. Team could win by 3 could lose by 10, or win by 20. You could tell her its fine the way it is or say sure a change might be good. And you could get stabbed in your sleep for either answer. A no win situation. In the end guys who bet the pats and if they win by 14 can brag for one win in a string of losers, or if pats lose SU guys who air bet can laugh at them. What good does it do to bet a game like that? Especially if you question why the line is what it is in the first place.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Ship has sailed on -4 and I sat around all week watching and hoping for a -3.5 or Saturday to get reduced, instead it goes -4 to -4.5 in between the 5 minutes I hadn't checked it.

Should keep moving, again should be -7. Pats -7 @Bills and -7 @Fins, yet -4 here because the Raiders are 3 points better than those teams simply because they won a home game vs. Jets? Or Pats just became a substantially worse team because of 3 tipped INTs? Right. Mistakes all the time and here's one.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

This game makes me nervous .....no play right now

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

over over over over over

pats could easily get into the 40s in this game, Oakland's secondary is a complete disaster, they don't have a single legitimate top 20 CB on their team

brady will be focused and the patriots could throw the ball 60 times in this game cause you know brady and bellicheck want to reassert their dominance as an offensive juggernaut

Jmdurbz
    Jmdurbz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats win big 34-17

Sunde91

Over isn't great. Pats have a good run D to stop Oak's running game. Oak would then be in 3rd and long spots with Campbell and their 26th passing O.

Pats TT Over or -4.5

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Over isn't great. Pats have a good run D to stop Oak's running game. Oak would then be in 3rd and long spots with Campbell and their 26th passing O. Pats TT Over or -4.5
    I don't understand this talk of pat's supposed good run defense

they gave up 6 yards a carry to fred jackson last week and 5.3 yards a carry to ryan mathews the week before that. The reason they haven't given up that many rush yards so far is because they've been ahead in a lot of their games forcing teams to throw the ball a ton. Neither jackson nor mathews are as good as McFadden either (not to mention Oakland's superior offensive line)

with that being said, Jason Campbell can score plenty of garbage time points in this game if it does get out of control early. You saw him throw for 300 yards and generate 35 points mostly through the air in week 2 against buffalo...the pats defense is no better than buffalo's

my hope in this game is that the pats go up to a huge lead early 1st 3 quarters and give up a couple garbage time scores for the easy OVER cover

Sunde91

ok so pats are going to be up here and you're counting on Campbell to carry the load and throw 2-3 TDs to get that over, go for it brah

brahmabull117

ok so pats are going to be up here and you're counting on Campbell to carry the load and throw 2-3 TDs to get that over, go for it brah

chad henne QB rating for the season except his game against the patriots - 76
    Dolphins points per game for season except the patriots game - 14

Chad henne QB rating against pats - 93
    Dolphins points against pats - 24

notice the difference??? The patriots defense has an uncanny ability to make all their opponents look like very good players on offense. Campbell is not a bad player either...career QB rating around 84 and he's got some weapons around him to exploit a terrible secondary

with that being said, the pats are not gonna bottle up DMC nearly as well as people here think. The jets defense is 50 times better with their front 7 than the pats defense and look how DMC dominated that game. The Oakland offensive line in terms of run blocking is just phenomenal and DMC is one of the most explosive backs Ive ever seen play the game

my guess is the patriots will win this like 41-24, but I'm not gonna bet on them because I am not gonna get stuck in a position again hoping for a perfect game from the offense because the patriots are giving up 30 points again

Sunde91

books finally getting a clue as to where line needs to be

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

The weakness of the Pats D is the secondary, specifically the safeties. They actually have a very good run defense, especially if Haynesworth is healthy enough to play. Good luck running up the middle with Haynesworth and Wilfork there. Also, Gerard Warren was just re-signed, so he adds depth to the middle of the line.

To beat the Pats defense, you need to attack the safeties. Chung is coming off thumb surgery, I don't know if he'll play. Sergio Brown has talent but is very inexperienced. Barrett sucks. If Dowling can play I'll feel a lot better, because he is the best CB right now. It would also allow him and Bodden to rotate at CB and S, keeping Barrett off the field.

I wouldn't make a play on this game, especially if I liked the Raiders, until the injury report for the Pats D comes out.
    Dowling, Bodden, and Haynesworth all out for tomorrow. Fukk. Fukk. Fukk.

brahmabull117

Dowling, Bodden, and Haynesworth all out for tomorrow. Fukk. Fukk. Fukk.
    70 plus points in this one

Anybody not playing the over is a fool

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

under 55

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Line is pats -6

brahmabull117

Squares are stupid as fck, betting a 6 point road spread against a good team when half the pats good defensive players are injured

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

will under 55 hit?

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

if they continued to roll Bills and Raiders lost to Jets. Now -4

Last year Pats lost SU @Clev in week 9. They comeback the week after as 4.5 dogs @PITT. Joke line. If they hadn't lost @Cle it's +2.5 Pats. Public pounded Pats points and ML and they rolled 39-26.

Pats will be extremely focused here coming off loss with the added urgency that they are tied for 2nd in their division and now playing a 2-1 team on the road. Just like last year after week 9 loss, Pats had lost the division lead. They responded then. Belli will hype the Raiders as contenders and overstress where they are in the division and will put together a gem gameplan.

Raiders are not bad but not some legitimate team that is going to hang with the top 3 AFC East teams for 3 straight weeks. An unproven team with a 1st time head coach will crash Sunday after playing 3 good games to start the year.

Who will be the first to say one of three words: trap, public, square? That's fine. Called playing value in a good situation where public sides win all the time. See Pats @PITT and Pats -3.5 roll Jets week 13 last year.
    And you can take that to the bank!

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Oh, and add to that the Raiders are garbage anyways.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

if they continued to roll Bills and Raiders lost to Jets. Now -4

Last year Pats lost SU @Clev in week 9. They comeback the week after as 4.5 dogs @PITT. Joke line. If they hadn't lost @Cle it's +2.5 Pats. Public pounded Pats points and ML and they rolled 39-26.

Pats will be extremely focused here coming off loss with the added urgency that they are tied for 2nd in their division and now playing a 2-1 team on the road. Just like last year after week 9 loss, Pats had lost the division lead. They responded then. Belli will hype the Raiders as contenders and overstress where they are in the division and will put together a gem gameplan.

Raiders are not bad but not some legitimate team that is going to hang with the top 3 AFC East teams for 3 straight weeks. An unproven team with a 1st time head coach will crash Sunday after playing 3 good games to start the year.

Who will be the first to say one of three words: trap, public, square? That's fine. Called playing value in a good situation where public sides win all the time. See Pats @PITT and Pats -3.5 roll Jets week 13 last year.

Nice call

had the raiders and under, shouldn't have bet against billichick after a loss

First 12