Cover4
    Cover4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Showdown in Texas! "NFL"

"Your sitting in front of the tv with a brew, a basket of buffalo wings and your sweating bullets because you think you just wagered on the wrong team. "D*mn, you say to yourself as the game kicks off. Your a cowboys fan and you dropped a few dimes on the skins. Though you have your cowboy's jersey on, your mind is all f*cked up. You can barely enjoy the game. All your friends are cheering for the cowboys and deep inside, your pissing on yourself. Your wife is going to kill you"

This week in my showdown. Two unpredictable teams face off in a unpredictable atmosphere. But tonight it's going to be hot in Texas. On paper Rex Grossman and the redskins look as if they will dominate a banged up and bruised cowboy team tortured by injuries.

But I don't put my lasso around that just yet. Yes the cowboys have injuries. Yes the cowboys are said to be America's team. Before the "Patriots came along of course". But tonight on the world stage a age old Rivalry rekindles the flames of the desert heat. The cowboys were looking like cowgirls until the epic heroics of last week relieved a little of the scrutiny. But just how good is the cowboy team? Good enough to win, yes. Good enough to cover, absolutely. Will they do it this week? That depends on which bronco comes out of the ranch kicking("Romo").

What last week proved is a injured team can win. And the 49ers are no push over, yea their offense should be playing better then they are, but that's not the best part of the 49ers. It's their defense. And the cowboys were able to get back in the game.

But the redskins are good offensively and defensively. The redskins are putting up 25ppg on the O and only giving up 17.5ppg. But to opponents that have streaky offenses and shaky running backs. The weakness of the reds, is that they will have to rely on the arm of Grossman to carry them out of the backfield against the boys. Tim Hightower may had some breakthrough moments but against a fired up dallas defense that pound for pound are made of metal, steel, sweat, anger, ego, pride, and cowboy insanity. It's going to be tough. And there is "Helu" who will carry a load.

But overall the reds run game will be shutdown. So there it is Rex to Moss. Which will happen. Dallas is going to blitz the living hell out of Grossman. That's why I expect a tight end battle. And under the pressure Grossman will throw at least two picks tonight. Not to mention the redskins are just as banged up as Dallas.

Brandon Banks WR September 26, 2011 knee Probable Phillip Buchanon CB August 2, 2011 4 games (NFL Policy on PED's) suspended October 16, 2011 Comments: Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan says Buchanon will be suspended for the first four games of the regular season for violating an unspecified league issue. Chris Cooley TE September 26, 2011 knee Probable Keyaron Fox LB September 26, 2011 back Probable DeJon Gomes S September 26, 2011 hamstring questionable DeAngelo Hall CB September 26, 2011 toe Probable Jarvis Jenkins DE August 30, 2011 right knee IR September 1, 2012 Comments: Jenkins was placed on injured reserve with a torn ACL. LaRon Landry S September 8, 2011 hamstring Day-to-Day September 26, 2011 Comments: Landry says he's tested his hamstring about "70, 80 percent" as he tries to work his way back for Monday night's game against the Dallas Cowboys. Logan Paulsen TE September 26, 2011 hamstring Probable Mike Sellers RB September 26, 2011 ankle questionable Josh Wilson CB September 26, 2011 back Probable Darrel Young RB September 26, 2011 hamstring questionable
    Take the boys here in this slugfest of the trenches.

Dallas jumps to a early lead skins play catch up before making some big turnovers in the fourth. Game ends with Grossman getting picked off on a comeback drive.

Dallas 27 Redskins 20. Cowboys -3.5 or straight up for the money.

Feel Free to Leave your thoughts?
    Last edited by Cover4; 09-26-11 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Space Between Paragraphs

acampbell2345
    acampbell2345's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Nice write up....as a cowboy fan and cowboy backer tonite at -3.5 I hope you are correct sir.

mrtsummit
    mrtsummit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Sorry Redskins -4 is the play. And I am a Cowboys fan that lives in Dallas.
    Thay may when but you gotta take the points.

mrtsummit
    mrtsummit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

win sorry about typo

Dayman
    Dayman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

I really think this game is a toss up. All it takes is one slip, and momentum shifts like that. Statistically the under has been the play in 5 of their last 8 games. Under 46 seems to be be good value.

Cover4

It's going to be a dog fight without a doubt, the cowboys have two sides to them, one which weakens them year after year. That being their unforeseen explosiveness and then followed by a vivid mental collapse. With the division up for grabs I think we are going to see the savages out there tonight. Brutalizing the reds. Behind Ryan's defensive prowess. Now I agree the under has been a good deal, in the past and what works before works again, but the boys going to be hungry knowing that romo and that ribcage is fresh meat, so there is no time to play games. Pound mouth football up the gut and deep passes. I see them putting away the reds early.

npmassa
    npmassa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5377

Over over over 30-17 Dallas.... JR Ewing style!

Ultimate_Marvel
    I got this bag of cheese burgers man...
    Ultimate_Marvel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

I am liking team total over 21 for Washington

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Im not a cowboys fan or a fan of Romo-but I think him bringing them back to win last week after a couple painful injuries will be a big spark for the whole team. Plus opening night on MNF in the big D. I think their defense and home crowd carry them to a win I think the play is Cowboys and I'll be buy them down to -2 1/2. Plus Lang is on the Skins tonight so I like the boys even better.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

if tom landry gets exhumed and starts at qb you still cannot take the skins if lang is on that side

Cover4

OK reds, you covered the spread, but if you followed what I said and went straight up for the money. You won, not only that what did I say, rex grossman's come back drive turnover."it happened. Congrats to those who won. Check in next week for my next showdown. Cover4