CPJFTW
    CPJFTW's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOCK....My first NFL attempt to get one!

I just started with all this stuff Saturday, literally (see my join date), I did alright for college (13-2-1 for sat. incld. a big temple payout, lulz Maryland)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18...ntitled123.jpg

Anyways, I tried to take sure money and it worked out pretty good...I just wish the lions wouldn't have choked in the 1st half...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/vsog/winrar1.jpg

Any pointers? Should I have taken a round robin parlay, knowing for sure at least 2/3 teams I picked would have covered?

I seriously am new, I read a little in this SBR forum (newbie section), and that helped me get started with my first tries saturday, so I'm still trying to learn a few things...

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Post the uncropped version.

CPJFTW

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Post the uncropped version.

It shows everything you need to know, I couldn't get it all in one pic, and I'm not showing my personal info on the ticket....Check my profile for the rest of the NCAAF ticket...
    Last edited by CPJFTW; 09-26-11 at 10:12 AM.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Nice day in college!! Im new too and one of the things I noticed on your ticket is that you bet Clemson 3 times! Twice in parlays and once on a straight bet. IF Clemson had lost all 3 of those bets would have gone down the tubes. Its never a good idea to bet the same team so many times (especially when the line was only -2.5).

Ive also learned that betting on the NFL is STUPID!! In college you have a much better chance of winning...The lines are too sharp in NFL betting and the teams are too evenly matched. Good Luck!!

CPJFTW

Quote Originally Posted by Pickem2win View Post
    Nice day in college!! Im new too and one of the things I noticed on your ticket is that you bet Clemson 3 times! Twice in parlays and once on a straight bet. IF Clemson had lost all 3 of those bets would have gone down the tubes. Its never a good idea to bet the same team so many times (especially when the line was only -2.5).

Ive also learned that betting on the NFL is STUPID!! In college you have a much better chance of winning...The lines are too sharp in NFL betting and the teams are too evenly matched. Good Luck!!

Thanks for the feedback! I was really certain clemson was gonna win. I follow the ACC heavily, and FSU had some major injuries, and was overated from the start (#5? Maybe the powers to be wanted OK to look like they beat somebody, b/c no way FSU is even top 25 this year...).

It was at home, and clemson is tough. Should I have played them so hard? Meh, probably not, you're right. Bear in mind they were in a round robin 2 team parlay though. I played temple even harder than clemson, LOL! I picked temple to win straight (+270 iirc LOL!!), to make the spread, and put them in the parlay.

....I know Maryland very well...

I agree with you on the NFL, which is why I only made 3 picks and the parlay. I was totally unsure of the NFL, and I thought about ATL and NYG, but I figured no way I'd hit the 5 team parlay. I was about to shit bricks in the saints and lions game. As you can see from my ticket, I am very lucky the lions tied the spread, in overtime no less...
    Last edited by CPJFTW; 09-26-11 at 10:11 AM.

Ras1112
    Ras1112's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Lions and Texans are the only games I lost yesterday, now I know who to blame