brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Oakland + 4

What do you guys think about this play as a teaser choice??? (teased to 11)

The Jets played 5 road games last year against bad teams and they only won 1 of them by more than 11 points

I actually think Oakland has a great choice to win this SU, a blowout by New York would be a real shocker

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Good luck Brahma, I don't know about a blowout win but I think the Jets take it. I did a fair bunch of research for this game and wrote it up in a thread you might want to check out. Cheers.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wouldnt surprise if oakland won, feels like a trap game for jet betters.

Only -3.5 faves? Tht was suspicious to me, since I figured newyork would be maybe 7-8 faves

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

I see this as a close low scoring game with the Raiders having a good shot to cover

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki Roma View Post
    Wouldnt surprise if oakland won, feels like a trap game for jet betters. Only -3.5 faves? Tht was suspicious to me, since I figured newyork would be maybe 7-8 faves

oakland went 8-8 last year, NY was 11-5 last year

why the hell would the jets open up as 7 point favorites on the road???

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

I love this play! Especially in a tease.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    oakland went 8-8 last year, NY was 11-5 last year

why the hell would the jets open up as 7 point favorites on the road???
    Maybe im givin newyork too much credit, but before the lines opened up, I figured the line would about 7, and was at only 3.5 I didnt imagine the raiders could keep it tht close.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki Roma View Post
    Maybe im givin newyork too much credit, but before the lines opened up, I figured the line would about 7, and was at only 3.5 I didnt imagine the raiders could keep it tht close.

brah 7 point underdogs at home is when a 11-5 team faces a 5-11 team on the road, there was only 3 win difference between these 2 teams and the jets are infamous for playing down to their competition

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you guys think about this play as a teaser choice??? (teased to 11)

The Jets played 5 road games last year against bad teams and they only won 1 of them by more than 11 points

I actually think Oakland has a great choice to win this SU, a blowout by New York would be a real shocker
    great, guess my oak +3.5 ticket is finished

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by dontbuythehook View Post
    great, guess my oak +3.5 ticket is finished

my record on posted plays in football is phenomenal, something like 7-3 or 7-4 in pro football and around 9-2 in college football

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I think teasing them up to +11 is pretty safe. The Jets are the type of team that will always play a close game. I like Oakland to possibly win straight up, but if NYJ wins, it won't be more than double digits.

Numb
    Comfortable
    Numb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 844

brah 7 point underdogs at home is when a 11-5 team faces a 5-11 team on the road, there was only 3 win difference between these 2 teams and the jets are infamous for playing down to their competition
    You really know what you're talking about (no sarcasm). Agreed agreed agreed, and I am fairly high on Oakland +4 as it is.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

I like Oakland + the points. Cross country trip for the Jets...I think Oakland gives them as much as they can handle.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

IMO the best play in this game would be Oaklannd 1st half + whatever points you can get.

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

The JETS are aiming to be superbowl contenders...

They will easily cover against the lowly Raiders.

The teaser on Oakland might be a good bet, but i think a teaser on the Jets might be the better bet.
    Last edited by Sambooka; 09-23-11 at 11:13 AM.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
    The JETS are aiming to be superbowl contenders...

They will easily cover against the lowly Raiders.

The teaser on Oakland might be a good bet, but i think a teaser on the Jets might be the better bet.

Are u familiar with the jets history of playing close games against bad teams??

And the raiders aren't even a bad team, they could go 9-7 this year in a week division

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

The Jets are a run team, they have been passing all season. I don't trust the Jets.
    I would not bet this game either.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Neither side is teasable, teasing a 4-point dog 7 points is -EV and teasing Jets would cross the 0. Just bet Raiders +4 straight up.

alex81
    alex81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

No one mentionned that the Jets are starting a rooking center... Also, I believe that the Raiders' D is incredibly underrated, particularly their front 7. I'm going Raiders ML +155. There is a reason why the books won't let the line slip by 3.5...

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

The trap is Oakland +4. Its this simple. You stop Oakland's run game and now you've limited their chance to win. You won't beat Jets through the air so the Raiders can forget about that. As good as McFadden is, he won't be able to beat a tough Jets team by himself. He's going to need stops from his defense. With that being said I'm sold on the Jets thus far I really do think they're for real.

Jets -3.5 +109 for me

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    The trap is Oakland +4. Its this simple. You stop Oakland's run game and now you've limited their chance to win. You won't beat Jets through the air so the Raiders can forget about that. As good as McFadden is, he won't be able to beat a tough Jets team by himself. He's going to need stops from his defense. With that being said I'm sold on the Jets thus far I really do think they're for real. Jets -3.5 +109 for me

how many times did the jets play nail baiters against terrible teams on the road last year??

Oakland is a hell of a lot better than Detroit or Cleveland last year and both those teams nearly beat the jets

new york is just about the last team in the league you want to bet on with a 4 point spread on the road against an average to bad team

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    The trap is Oakland +4. Its this simple. You stop Oakland's run game and now you've limited their chance to win. You won't beat Jets through the air so the Raiders can forget about that. As good as McFadden is, he won't be able to beat a tough Jets team by himself. He's going to need stops from his defense. With that being said I'm sold on the Jets thus far I really do think they're for real.

Jets -3.5 +109 for me
    That's just it, I think McFadden will have some success, at least be as successful as Jones-Drew was vs. the Jets this week. Plus this is a terrible situational spot for Jets.