davidx191
    davidx191's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Anyone betting on the Bears this week?

No BrahmaBull but the game is at home and Bears want revenge for the NFC championship loss last season. I think Cutler goes off after all the criticism he received last year for pussying out.

Jutzu
    Jutzu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 520

The way Aaron Rodgers been playing, I wouldn't touch this game.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

I'm going to guess the Bears aren't concerned about revenge they are concerned about their QB lasting the whole game.

Red Devil
    Red Devil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

The bears will be concerned about the Packers scoring triple digits

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

I'm picking the Bears to win this one. Packers D has looked like shit and the Bears D looked great at home and OK against the Saints. If Cutler gets the ball out quick it might be a long day for the Nick Collinsless Packers secondary.

Noles19
    Noles19's Avatar Become A Pro!

It feels like a good bet for the bears, but I am too scared to bet against Rogers.

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

<-------Die hard Bears fan...but they don't win this week. Possibly a close game, but it's so easy to blitz Cutler at this juncture that I just can't see the Bears putting up more than 17 points...

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

no way i would ever bet on cutler getting revenge against anybody

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    no way i would ever bet on cutler getting revenge against anybody

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It's Bears or no play. Getting 3 1/2 points at home in a divisional grudge match in the same spot they won last year needs a look.

Red Devil

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    It's Bears or no play. Getting 3 1/2 points at home in a divisional grudge match in the same spot they won last year needs a look.
    Slacker. You couldn't be wronger.
    Must be from Chicago or Peoria ...

The Packers will smash the bears. It won't even be close.

Last 5 meetings....
    01/23/11 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2010-2011/boxscore29165.html
    01/02/11 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2010-2011/boxscore28041.html
    09/27/10 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2010-2011/boxscore27838.html
    12/13/09 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2009-2010/boxscore26571.html
    09/13/09 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2009-2010/boxscore26389.html
    Last edited by Red Devil; 09-23-11 at 04:27 AM.

Numb
    Comfortable
    Numb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 844

If the Packers play like they did last week, on either side of the ball, then the Bears (who want this a lot more) take it outright.

That being said, there's no way McCarthy will allow the lackluster offensive output from the first half against Carolina. I also expect the Packers to run, and run a lot, with success. That will open up the passing floodgate on offense. If they get early heat on Cutler, who has been under constant pressure, he will make Favrestakes.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Slacker. You couldn't be wronger.
    Must be from Chicago or Peoria ...

The Packers will smash the bears. It won't even be close.

Last 5 meetings....
    01/23/11 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2010-2011/boxscore29165.html
    01/02/11 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2010-2011/boxscore28041.html
    09/27/10 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2010-2011/boxscore27838.html
    12/13/09 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2009-2010/boxscore26571.html
    09/13/09 covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2009-2010/boxscore26389.html
    I'm from northern Wisconsin. Look at my avatar that I've had up since February. It's the state of Wisconsin.

It won't be close? Then you post 5 scores that are within a TD? You make a good case for teasing the Bears.

Numb
    Comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I'm from northern Wisconsin. Look at my avatar that I've had up since February. It's the state of Wisconsin.

It won't be close? Then you post 5 scores that are within a TD? You make a good case for teasing the Bears.

Slacker, Yooper here

Teasing the Bears on paper looks really good. Heck, it probably is.

I just think the Packers are one of those few teams that can (could come out and) manhandle most any other NFL team at this point.

Look at last year:
    In Minnesota, against San Francisco & against Dallas. Also, the destruction of the Giants who with a win, would have gotten the tie breaker over the Packers for the playoffs.

I guess my point is, I wouldn't tease anyone to high points against the Packers and feel any sort of good about it, unless it's the Saints, Patriots or something. Road or division game aside. odds are too high that it turns (could much more easily) into the teasing of the Steelers week one of this year.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Bears but I don't have enough bankroll to bet on this game.

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

under

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Bears ML for me.

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I am a Bears fan and its doubtful they win. That offensive line is worse than it was last year and again Cutler has no targets.

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I believe that the Packer's Offensive Line is going to tremble this week. If so, Jermichael Finley is going to have a lot of dump off receptions.

primetime27
    primetime27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3151

Quote Originally Posted by Numb View Post
    If the Packers play like they did last week, on either side of the ball, then the Bears (who want this a lot more) take it outright. That being said, there's no way McCarthy will allow the lackluster offensive output from the first half against Carolina. I also expect the Packers to run, and run a lot, with success. That will open up the passing floodgate on offense. If they get early heat on Cutler, who has been under constant pressure, he will make Favrestakes.
    The most ridiculous statement people make when capping games for football. Its a 16 game season, every game is important and each team wants to win as much as the next. Bears line is garbage and will have to put the ball in Forte's hand 30+ times to keep Cutler from getting killed. Bears don't have the weapons at WR to keep teams from blitzing.

thericker7
    thericker7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207

There is no way the Bears win this game. Cutler isn't having a good year and Aaron looks as good as always. He has so many offensive weapons to use and their D will step it up too. It's hard for any defense to be good when a quarterback throws the ball as much as Cam Newton last week.. But I look for the Pack to get at least 1 INT.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

The Packers are going to find great matchups for their offense in the Bear secondary.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

No, the Packers win going away. Their front seven will dominate the Bears' horrific offensive line.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by Numb View Post
    If the Packers play like they did last week, on either side of the ball, then the Bears (who want this a lot more) take it outright.

That being said, there's no way McCarthy will allow the lackluster offensive output from the first half against Carolina. I also expect the Packers to run, and run a lot, with success. That will open up the passing floodgate on offense. If they get early heat on Cutler, who has been under constant pressure, he will make Favrestakes.
    Totally agree with this. Packers run game is much improved from last year, TJ Lang is an upgrade over College at LG, and Starks is running is ass off this year; look for him to have a big game this week. With an improved running game, look for big plays in play action passing game to Finley down the middle and Nelson and Jones on the outside.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    I believe that the Packer's Offensive Line is going to tremble this week. If so, Jermichael Finley is going to have a lot of dump off receptions.
    Peppers against Clifton will be a matchup to watch, Clifton is starting to slow down a little but is still an Elite pass blocking LT. As for dump offs, not Finley, but rather Starks and he'll do some damage against the Bears on rushes and screens.

Numb
    Comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Totally agree with this. Packers run game is much improved from last year, TJ Lang is an upgrade over College at LG, and Starks is running is ass off this year; look for him to have a big game this week. With an improved running game, look for big plays in play action passing game to Finley down the middle and Nelson and Jones on the outside.
    Remember that, pretty sure it was 2007 as the tape is right in front of me, I wanna say week 5 game, Sunday night @ Chicago when Jones kept fumbling and the Packers lost to go to 4-1?

The Packers saw something and ran all over the place, that's what gave me the idea and I pieced things together.

Red Devil

Gotta huge bet ($40) haha! down on the packers.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Perfect revenge game, take da bears and da points

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

might be wet out

pay attention to the wind come Sunday am

Red Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Jutzu View Post
    The way Aaron Rodgers been playing, I wouldn't touch this game.
    I wouldn't touch this game.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

All season long I have never bet on strong arm QB's with poor offensive lines. Joe Flacco and Jay Cutler.

LT Profits

Revenge only matters if the team seeking revenge is at least as good as the opponent. The Packers are so much better than the Bears that revenge is meaningless. Otherwise, the Panthers would never lose their rematches.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Bears gonna leave it all on the field this Sunday... Im not saying its a certainty, but I think CHI ml has some great value... To say this game has no revenge factor is ridiculous... division game, bears at home, playoff ousting, Superbowl champs.... I think the Bears, much like Baltimore in week 1 have had this date circled for quite some time...

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

once again, don't listen to the retards who think the Bears are shit. Bears are one of the elite teams in the NFL and divisional games never go the way you think they would.

Bears is right play here

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    Bears gonna leave it all on the field this Sunday... Im not saying its a certainty, but I think CHI ml has some great value... To say this game has no revenge factor is ridiculous... division game, bears at home, playoff ousting, Superbowl champs.... I think the Bears, much like Baltimore in week 1 have had this date circled for quite some time...
    You are missing the point, any team WANTS revenge in the Bears' situation, but they are just not good enough to get it. This is totally different than Ravens/Steelers because those two teams are close so the revenge meant something. In this case, the Bears are the far inferior team so revenge won't help them.

12 Last