LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    Bears are one of the elite teams in the NFL
    Back away from the crack pipe NOW.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Are you retarded dude? Bears can beat any team in the NFL on any given sunday. This is the Bears we're talking about here, not the Bengals or the Colts.

You step away from the crack pipe and stop misleading people. Bears are perfectly capable of beating the Packers any time they play them. These games never tend to be further apart than one touchdown.

Roy Williams was right... Week 1 the Bears are the greatest team since sliced bread, week 2 they're worse than dog shit. People are retarded.

chantrain

Why exactly do you think the spread is only 3? I swear there's a ton of people here who don't know anything about football, that's the problem.

Bears at home, coming off a loss, divisional game and there's actually a ton of people saying the Bears have no chance? REALLY? I question your football knowledge.

LT Profits

Are you retarded dude? Bears can beat any team in the NFL on any given sunday. This is the Bears we're talking about here, not the Bengals or the Colts.

You step away from the crack pipe and stop misleading people. Bears are perfectly capable of beating the Packers any time they play them. These games never tend to be further apart than one touchdown.

Roy Williams was right... Week 1 the Bears are the greatest team since sliced bread, week 2 they're worse than dog shit. People are retarded.
    Like said before the season, the Bears will finish at 8-8 or 7-9 this year and the Packers are the best team in the NFL. There is no way the Bears terrible offensive line will hold off the Green Bay front seven tomorrow. How is that misleading people? I think you have been here long enough to know I always tell things straight.

LT Profits

And this line was never -3, it opened at -3.5 and is now -4. That is high enough for a road division line to spark some interest in the Bears (obviously), so I wouldn't call it a cheap line.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Packers better hope they don't let the Bears jump on them like the Panthers did, because it will be harder for them to come back like they did last week. Best team in the league or not, this is no cake walk for the Packers.

chantrain

I know you're well known around here but I think you're dead wrong in this case. Your analysis is very simplistic. the Packers win the superbowl and fans treat them like Gods now, they don't acknowledge at all that the Packers have weaknesses and can lose like any other team. If the Packers will lose any game this season, this is one they are capable of losing. The Bears have a ton of stuff going in their favor coming into this game. Beating the Bears in Chicago is not an easy win to any team, by any means.

It's really impossible to say if the Bears finish 8-8 or 11-5 right now, they have it in them to do either. The Bears had probably the toughest schedule of any NFL team going into the season. Week 1, Falcons. Week 2, Saints. Week 3, Packers.

If they come out of this 2-1 the rest of their schedule is very winnable. If they come out of this stretch 2-1 it might even flip public perception about the Bears 180 degrees around again.

Like I said, week 1 they smash the Falcons and look like world-beaters, next week they go to the New Orleans and lose a road game that 90% of the rest of the league would lose too. Saints aren't a crap team, they could beat any team if they play them at home.

If the Bears come out this week and look good, with a 2-1 record how could anyone question that team? The best teams in the league would look good coming out of that schedule 2-1.

chantrain

if you're curious, read this. http://www.chicagofootballtalk.com/b...orleans-saints

This guy breaks down the Bears blocking in the Saints game on a per player basis. You can see that most of the mistakes were caused by one guy, Kellen Davis. He caused the blindside hit to Cutler that caused the fumble and allowed the Saints to start with a short field and led to the deciding TD of the game.

the Bears OL isn't good, don't get me wrong. But the Oline composed of basically the same players as last year is capable of blocking for Cutler. if one guy (Davis) doesn't miss his blocking assignments like he did in that Saints game, Cutler is drastically better protected already. So don't bank on Cutlers Oline not holding up against the Packers.

LT Profits

The fact that the Packers won the Super Bowl is not the reason that I said they are the best team in the NFL, THAT would be simplistic. Rather, I think they are the best team because they won it all last year while leading the NFL in lost manpower games and guys on IR, so they now have mad depth on both sides of the ball. Also, Rodgers is just now reaching his peak, which is bad news for the rest of the league. I also said before the season that the Bears greatly overachieved last season and that they would crash down to earth this season and finish third in the division behind the Lions. Back to the here and now, did you notice Cutler's body language last week? He was constantly throwing off of his back foot after just a couple of dropback steps just anticipating getting hit, that's how much he distrusts the OL. And the starting right tackle Carimi is now gone for a while. I honestly don't see the Chicago offense doing much of anything this week.

LT Profits

if you're curious, read this. http://www.chicagofootballtalk.com/b...orleans-saints

This guy breaks down the Bears blocking in the Saints game on a per player basis. You can see that most of the mistakes were caused by one guy, Kellen Davis. He caused the blindside hit to Cutler that caused the fumble and allowed the Saints to start with a short field and led to the deciding TD of the game.

the Bears OL isn't good, don't get me wrong. But the Oline composed of basically the same players as last year is capable of blocking for Cutler. if one guy (Davis) doesn't miss his blocking assignments like he did in that Saints game, Cutler is drastically better protected already. So don't bank on Cutlers Oline not holding up against the Packers.
    The Saints put all that pressure on Cutler with Will Smith out, and the Packers DL is better than the Saints DL without Smith, so its not a gimmie that Davis improves.

chantrain

Bears have a great blocker in Matt Spaeth who should play in place of Davis. Bears have a lot of starters coming back from injury that will help them. Bears are at home. Bears are focused after a loss. Bears defense will be pumped up due to it being the Packers game, how important it is to their playoff prospects, how embarrassingly they were defeated in the NFCNC game. Coming off a week where the local and national media has heavily criticized the protection of the blockers and scheming of the coaches, they're more likely to be at the top of their game.

The Saints were actually not doing a great job in the 1st and 2nd quarter, all the terrible things happened in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Look at those grades. People are just way too extreme in their thinking. They see the protection fail last week, so the Bears QB protection must fail every game. The Bears lose last week, so they're this horrible team that will lose every week.

It's poor logic.

chantrain

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    The fact that the Packers won the Super Bowl is not the reason that I said they are the best team in the NFL, THAT would be simplistic. Rather, I think they are the best team because they won it all last year while leading the NFL in lost manpower games and guys on IR, so they now have mad depth on both sides of the ball. Also, Rodgers is just now reaching his peak, which is bad news for the rest of the league. I also said before the season that the Bears greatly overachieved last season and that they would crash down to earth this season and finish third in the division behind the Lions. Back to the here and now, did you notice Cutler's body language last week? He was constantly throwing off of his back foot after just a couple of dropback steps just anticipating getting hit, that's how much he distrusts the OL. And the starting right tackle Carimi is now gone for a while. I honestly don't see the Chicago offense doing much of anything this week.
    and as bad as the Bears looked against the Saints is as GOOD as they looked against the Falcons. Where were you when Cutler threw for 300+ yards and 2 td's in week 1?

LT Profits

and as bad as the Bears looked against the Saints is as GOOD as they looked against the Falcons. Where were you when Cutler threw for 300+ yards and 2 td's in week 1?
    I actually liked the Bears in Week 1. Falcons don't have as good a pass rush as the Saints and Packers, and I think they are overrated to begin with. I had Atlanta missing the playoffs before the season started.

LT Profits

Bears have a great blocker in Matt Spaeth who should play in place of Davis. Bears have a lot of starters coming back from injury that will help them. Bears are at home. Bears are focused after a loss. Bears defense will be pumped up due to it being the Packers game, how important it is to their playoff prospects, how embarrassingly they were defeated in the NFCNC game. Coming off a week where the local and national media has heavily criticized the protection of the blockers and scheming of the coaches, they're more likely to be at the top of their game.

The Saints were actually not doing a great job in the 1st and 2nd quarter, all the terrible things happened in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Look at those grades. People are just way too extreme in their thinking. They see the protection fail last week, so the Bears QB protection must fail every game. The Bears lose last week, so they're this horrible team that will lose every week.

It's poor logic.
    You failed to mention that Green Bay's front seven can even make GOOD offensive lines look bad. So yeah, I do expect the Bears' pass protection to break down again, and that has as much to do with the Green Bay DL being good as it does with the Chicago OL being bad.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

Green Bay ML sounds good. But the Bears defense scares me. I want the Packers to win. They will repeat.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Bears defense will keep them in the game. Not sure what to expect from the Bears on offense. When Forte is your leading receiver you have problems. Runnig backs shouldn't lead your team in receptions. Greenbay should win but I wouldn't be surprised if Chicago steals a close game. Last week the Titans beat the Ravens. It's the Nfl. Anything can happen.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    You are missing the point, any team WANTS revenge in the Bears' situation, but they are just not good enough to get it. This is totally different than Ravens/Steelers because those two teams are close so the revenge meant something. In this case, the Bears are the far inferior team so revenge won't help them.
    So, the Bears aren't "good enough" because the Bears are "inferior"? It sounds like circular logic LT.

C'mon man, you're better than this. LT, explain to me why the Bears beat the Packers in this spot last year.

The best play has to be the tease on the Bears. They Packers never blow the Bears out, even with a backup Bears QB with the Super Bowl on the line and the Packers were peaking, the Packers couldn't pull away.

I also love the Bears with the points at home because this Packers hype is just getting ridiculous.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    So, the Bears aren't "good enough" because the Bears are "inferior"? It sounds like circular logic LT.

C'mon man, you're better than this. LT, explain to me why the Bears beat the Packers in this spot last year.

The best play has to be the tease on the Bears. They Packers never blow the Bears out, even with a backup Bears QB with the Super Bowl on the line and the Packers were peaking, the Packers couldn't pull away.

I also love the Bears with the points at home because this Packers hype is just getting ridiculous.
    I already explained my position, the Bears overachieved last year and they were competitive vs. injury-riddled Packer teams. This year the Packers are the best and deepest team in the NFL (and that's not "hype", it's a simple fact) and the Bears are regressing to their proper mediocre level. So don't be blinded by the fact that past matchups were close because the disparity between these teams was never as huge as it is this year. And the Packers DL vs. the Bears OL is a total mismatch.

First 12